2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

7.6

Based on 174 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Great layout, but many, many problems. ($$$)

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Ride, amenities, cargo space, interior"

Cons: "Poor quality, expensive to repair, unreliable"

"This is a great layout for a family car. It rides like a dream, and with all of the seats folded down, there's little that can't be carried in it. If I could keep the build, and replace everything mechanical about it, I would. At only 65K on a babied, well-maintained car, I have had to replace both rear air struts within 6 months of each other (approx $700 each). Also, the manifold is currently being replaced due to a bad flap ($1600 total repair). The tailgate back sensor has never worked properly, nor have the parking sensors (they go off randomly when driving down the road). I am now being told that the thermostat and cam sensors need to be replaced as well. Even with the car paid off, the repairs are no longer worth keeping the vehicle, which is a real shame. I love the R-Class body, and it is amazing in so many other ways. But it is the most unreliable car I have ever owned."

Great car and great value.

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Huge interior. Luxury finish. Fast acceleration !"

Cons: "Low MPG. Dealer service rates are high."

"I have had my 206 R500 for 6 years and it has been a very reliable car. Only issue was rear air shocks. Great fun in sport mode. Lousy MPG, but expected. Dealer service prices are a joke but local shops servicing MBs are very reasonable. Interior room is outstanding. Good build and finish. Because of the loaf shape of the car, estimating your front and rear points is difficult when parking. I spent $250 on an aftermarket park assist system and it was well worth it!"

I really enjoy it!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Cargo space, comfortability and appearance"

"I had my mercedes R350 for 3 years now and I have enjoyed it thus far. I had to replace the air shocks, but other than that I have not had any problems with the car. When I replaced the air shocks I found the part online, which was cost efficient compared to the dealership. They cost $300 for the pair!"

Great vehicle

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

"One of the best of the MB's that I have owned since 1976. Lots of room and easy to reconfigure. Excellent mileage for a large vehicle. No issues since bought new in 2008."

Well, My Wife Loves It, So...

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, high quality materials"

Cons: "Incredibly boring to drive, if you're into that."

"My wife has loved it since we got it. It is a hulking behemoth that moves down the road fine enough, but I think it's exceptionally boring to drive. An Odyssey or Sienna would drive like a F1 car in comparison (and with more utility and better mileage to boot). The resale on these cars is poor, which makes them an excellent value for used car buyers. Pick up a CDI or Bluetec if you can find one. Please don't try to make this car sporty; whenever I see this car with aftermarket suspension or wheels, I cringe. Our car has a lot of miles, but it's still tight and drives like it did when it was new. The materials are top notch, and still look great. It's difficult to find any aging on this car. I replaced the rear airshocks with Arnotts myself ($235), it took less than two hours for both sides. We've had no other maintenance issues. The Harmon Kardon sound is very good, the massive sunroof is nice, braking, acceleration, and handling are decent for it's size, though it's strange that my father's GL wagon (same year) is bigger and heavier, yet handles 100% better. I think we'll keep this thing for another five years, it wouldn't shock me if we went longer."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz R-Class near Honolulu. See local deals