2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $45,226 - $47,659.

Invoice N/A

10/6.9

8.0

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10

A Quiet and Refined Beauty

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable and refined."

Cons: "Where do I charge my phone???"

"I just picked up my 2015 ML350 4Matic last week...I opted for a few extra bells and whistles like leather seating,heat and massage, ambient interior lighting and the premium package. Now I'm over 6' tall and well over 200lbs and the ML is probably one of the most comfortable and quiet rides I've ever experienced in any smaller SUV I've ever owned. The leather is plush and the seating is very comfortable. The cabin is very spacious for a smaller SUV. I love the fact that I have that extra leg room. The car has good power and shifts seamlessly. The steering might take some getting used to as it seems loose, but it is very responsive. I can't pretend to be the most technologically inclined, but you have a large 7" LCD, well formatted Navi, and pretty well laid out music controls. I still need to delve into the user guide (which is also uploaded into the cars on board hard drive). I'm testing the MBrace feature, which from what I understand, offers up conveniences like emergency services collision notification, concierge services and auto map and computer updates just like GM's OnStar. Well my preliminary impressions of this vehicle are very good to excellent. The only other option that I believe might be worth having is the "off-road" package which includes air suspension and 20" wheels. But then again, this car's 4Matic feature has been great thus far in in-climate weather conditions. I think it's very good on gas too! (20 mpg City)"

Best car for long distance travel

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, mileage"

Cons: "Wipers sometimes a little spastic."

"Had excellent experience with this vehicle. Fuel mileage remarkable for 5000 lb. vehicle. Comfort best of six SUVs I've owned."

great car. fuel prices no bargain

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "great pickup and milage per gallon"

Cons: "no bargain because fuel prices high"

"i love this car. interior space and pickup is great"

Followup: Some good, but bad things get worse.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Fit and finish, luxurious interior, comfortable."

Cons: "Poor reliability and durability. Klunky ergonomics"

"Hi Everyone: This is a followup to my November 24, 2012 review, now with 2 years and 33,000 miles on my ML350 4Matic with P01 package and Harman Logic7 sound. Fit and finish, ride quality, and stereo still are very good. However, reliability and durability have proven to be very poor. 1) Low profile (for a SUV) tires are fragile, this is definitely a road-going SUV only. I have replaced two tires due to damage at $450 per. 2) This thing EATS BRAKES. Rear brakes have been replaced TWICE so far after only 2yrs and 33K miles of ownership. First time was a warranty repair, second time the dealer denied warranty even though the brakes went from 90% to 5% in 10 months and 13K miles only. 3) Center console cupholder mechanism failed after less than 1 year, repaired under warranty. This car is definitely a disappointment, given MB's self-professed reputation for quality and reliability. Luxurious, yes. Reliable and durable? No."

A Nice Small SUV

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Fit, finish handling, ride."

Cons: "Poor instrument layout, poor interior room."

2014 Mercedes M350

"This is a great vehicle for people who want a nice, well-made small SUV. It's powwerful, handles well, and has nice finishing. I am not happy with the ergonomics at all. Too much of the electronic controls are too small and too far from from the driver, requiring you to take your eyes off the road to make any selections or adjustments. I am most unhappy with the navigation and other associated functions. They require total distraction if you want to use them while driving, which is unacceptale. I would not purchase this vehicle again for those reasons alone. As far as driving, handling, and fit, this vehicle is first rate."

2014 Mercedes M350

Decent, but an overpriced Grand Cherokee

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Brand Prestige"

Cons: "Overpriced truck, under-powered V6 engine"

"Driving dynamics is similar to Grand Cherokee due to virtually identical chassis and body frame. The under-powered V6 engine is simply too weak to move briskly this 5000 lbs truck. I should have bought the V8 which will definitely change my poor driving experience. As to the driving position and seating comfort, it is about average, and not the command view that an SUV is supposed to have (Lexus GX has an elevated and upright driving position that other luxury SUVs ought to have). This SUV is overpriced by at least 5K even if MB has great brand prestige. And too bad, all those European or Japanese luxury SUVs are overpriced trucks that are only worth about 70% of their MSRP when new. But that does not mean Detroit luxury SUVs are bargains. Instead, Detroit luxury SUVs are a joke in terms of quality and reliability whether they are 2004 models or 2014 models."

Great car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"Love this car, handles very well, comfortable and safe. Was worth every penny."

it's just the perfect vehicle for me and my family

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Perfect car for all my needs and wants"

Cons: "price"

"The car has the luxury I need for clients, the funcationality as a "mom" car, seats my teenagers comfortably and knowing the car drives well and is very safe just makes it the perfect car for me."

Not likely to purchase again

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Quiet good gas mileage"

Cons: "Very unstable on wet roads"

"The car is beautiful but not meant for wet/snowy roads. I am going back to a full size SUV."

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"Just bought the ML350 Bluetec 2014. Was a little anxous because of some of the negative reviews out there. However I am glad I stuck with my instict after test driving the car. It is a really nice car! Very quiet, smooth, and comfortable. The interior is nice and the diesel engine is just phenomenal. It starts slow but boy it catches up with the torque like a hot knife in butter. Also for a Diesel it is very quiet and had no problem starting in -10 degree weather. It is like having the power of a V8 engine and the fuel economy of V4. Cant beat it. Interior is very nice. Connectivity to bluetooth is very seamless and command system is very good though could be better. The only gripe I have is that not all diesel gas stations carry the B5 diesel(higher Biodiesel content clogs the filter and voids your warranty) which MB dealers dont tell you up front. However, I can live with that. Overall it is a very comfortable and elegant ride. if you are looking for sporty ride look at Porsche Cayenne. Though it is very expensive with the add ons compared to the ML. Test Drove BMW X5 too which is also nice but the interior feels cramped. Diesel ML was hands down the winner when I look at the whole package."

excellent

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "great"

Cons: "too expensive"

"great vehicle"

best in it's class

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "great ride, even better appearance"

Cons: "none that comes to mind"

"Tested BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Audi, and Cadillac, gas engine all. Only the BMW could comparefavorably. Both more pricy than the others with same features, Leather not standard in either, but I actually prefer the leatherete, since it is more durable . ML performance equal to BMW, but ML won the day because I preferred the interior far better, especially having the shift contols on the steering column, allow more space for storage and beverages."

Major quality issues-Stay away from Mercedes ML350

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Exterior Design, Cargo space, Interior room"

"I leased this vehicle in December 2012 and it's been a disaster: 1) Car "clanks" when you start it. Mercedes pretty much had to rebuild the motor to get it to stop doing it. They said it was a "known" problem without a fix. It wasn't until I threatened them with the Texas Lemon law that they actually fixed the problem. My wife's E350 convertible has the same problem. 2) AC smells like body odor. They did a "complimentary" $250 treatment on the car to get rid of the smell. It still smells and Park Place Motor Cars in Dallas still can't resolve the problem. 3) Transmission is doing double down-shifts. When breaking or taking your foot of the gas the transmission lurches you forward. Park Place still unable to fix it. 4) Passenger and Driver seats move slightly on turns, which is incredibly annoying. Park Place still unable to fix it. I'm following through with Lemon Paperwork on this vehicle. Stay away!"

Terrific vehicle!

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, turbo V8 power, quiet, refined inter"

Cons: "Rear wiper switch"

"I have the ML550, the V8, after a 2008 and 2010 ML 350. I love this car. The interior is more E-class, whereas the previous generation was more C-class. The sound of the parking brake release, turn signals, door locks -- all very refined and quieter. Graphics, both instrument cluster and COMAND, much improved and incredibly sharp. Quiet on the road, good ride and handling. The twin turbo V8 is a blast! My only complaint -- it's very hard to get a single swipe of the rear wiper the way the switch is configured. I've owned 3 German Mercedes (2 E-class, 1 CLK) and the MLs absolutely beat them in quality."

So good I bought two

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Quality build, safety, available options, drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage (only sllightly)"

"I am a stickler for research to be sure. I do this so I can be sure to get the best value for my money. My wife finds this frustrating but in the end I know I have what I want. That said, I researched all the European and Asian options and found the ML 350 to be the best value on the market. In fact, I just purchased my second one. I have been a BMW man for almost 20 years. My 2010 535i was an awesome sports car but lacked the space I needed. In my opinion the Japanese options just weren't up to the quality standards of the Germans. They just felt really light weight compared to the Europeans. The Audi was more like the Asians than the German's. I liked the BMW X5's handling a little better than the ML's but only slightly. Other than that, the ML won on all counts. Mercedes-Benz offers a great list of options for this vehicle. I got my first ML back in Sept. 2012 and now have a second one. My second one has ALL the options and they work as described. Gas mileage isn't so hot but if you calculate the cost of the ML compared to the competition it's only a little higher. Another factor that moved me to a second Mercedes is the service. When I recently had service done on my BMW 535i, the BMW dealership gave me a Toyota Yaris as a loner (REALLY???)."

Mechanically solid, but ergonomically annoying

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pros: "Ride, acceleration, dynamics, styling."

Cons: "Annoying ergonomics, balky transmission."

"Bought a 2013 ML350 4Matic in Sep 2012 as an addition to a '97 4Runner SR5 (manual transmission!) and '02 Pathfinder SE. It has the P01 package, Harman Kardon Logic7 sound, MB-tex, and AWD. Readers be aware that for 2013, there are both 2WD and AWD versions. .. Pros: Comfortable, controlled ride, which is impressive as it weighs about 1200 lbs (!) more than my 4Runner. Acceleration is strong, but requires premium fuel. Quiet at highway speeds. Interior pleather feels like real leather. Steering is very light but accurate, not floaty. Easy to drive long distances in this thing. Upgraded sound system is excellent from an audio standpoint, clunky ergonomics aside. Better than my Infinity/Alpine aftermarket setup in my 4Runner. .. Cons: There are multiple ergonomic and electronic quirks that are very annoying if these things are important to you. 1) Backup camera only functions when radio is on. Why?!? 2) Shifter is on the steering column where the wiper stalk usually is. Takes a lot of getting used to. 3) There are 4 different button clusters for audio controls (2 on steering wheel, one on upper console, one on lower console) but only ONE location (and the hardest to reach) will allow you to do adjust both volume and track +/- at the same time. Some buttons (e.g. the "disc" button) do not do what they say they do. 4) Navigation is inferior to both Garmin and TomTom. It will guide you the wrong way on one-way streets and otherwise get you lost. 5) Balky transmission, especially from a stoplight. Transmission does not drop down to 1st promptly, so when you start again, the transmission is caught off-balance in 2nd or 3rd. The subsequent hesitation followed by "clunk" and "screech!" scares both the driver and passengers. .. Overall, this is a very comfortable, mechanically sound car. But the ergonomic quirks and balky transmission are not acceptable in a car of this price. Toyota and Honda gets this right in their plebian models -- what's wrong with MB?"

Superb SUV with great mpg and towing

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "mpg, quiet, comfortable, great travel vehicle"

Cons: "maybe voice recognition"

"Dead on reliable SUV. I have had it for a year and other than an initial concern, the ML has not had any quality or mechanical issues. It is quiet, drives well and it has recorded up to 34 MPG, though averages around 26. It is setup to tow 7200 lbs and has pulled a covered trailer with two motorcycles while getting 21 MPG. All aspects are great, with the exception of the current voice recognition/phone dialer. Sometimes it really wants to call someone other than the one asked to contact. It is very quiet once underway with no diesel sound. The only way someone knows it is diesel is when it first starts out."

Not so sure

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable interior"

Cons: "soft handling"

"I purchased this vehicle new 2 months ago. The revamped appearance is very appealing, making the vehicle "edgier" and more current than past models. The ML has a very soft and 'floaty' ride, similar to a Lexus. If you are looking for a more luxurious feel (vs. tighter drive) this is your car. For some reason I feel like I'm driving a sedan, and prefer a more powerful ride. Acceleration lags initially but catches up. I have had repeated difficulty with the Bluetooth technology, a lot of crackling, static and cutting out in the speakers...very annoying. Also, I am disappointed with the "fake" leather...a vehicle that touts luxury and a hefty price tag to boot should have this as a standard feature. The nav system is well done and user friendly...but there are many components that are also difficult to click through to find what you're looking for. I am currently considering taking the loss and switching to the BMW X5. It comes down to this: if you are looking for a cushy softer feel, this will make you very happy. I feel, somehow, that it is an "older person's" car. If you want driving performance and not quite ready for the Buick ride...keep looking."

Ml bluetec

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, power, ride ,handling,"

Cons: "Diesel needs about 3000 miles to get used to"

"Excellent vehicle, no problems so far, diesel is very efficient,almost 29 mpg on the highway"

One of the best SUVs out there!

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pros: "Damping System, Power lift gate, DISTRONIC Plus"

Cons: "Bit pricey, laggy acceleration, not as sporty"

"Ive been a recurring MB owner for years and my entire family drives the benz brand. I bought this car about four months ago and just simply love it. The quality of the materials is unmatched by BMW's x5. The look of the vehicle has been given a necessary revamp which makes the ml look even more aggressive and sharp. While it is a bit pricey for its class, it's sure money well spent if your looking into the SUV market. Driving is exceptional when on or off roading, though i agree with those below that acceleration can be a bit laggy at first but it eventually evens out."

Extremely quiet and luxurious. Plush interior.

By on Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, luxurious, quality materials, good power"

Cons: "HID lights should be standard."

"I bought this car 2 months ago. I was thinking of buying the bluetec but not satisfied with the performance. there is a slight lag when accelerating. Gas engine seem to have better acceleration although MPG suffers compared to bluetec. Interior is extremely well done. Love the new look compared to previous models. Exterior is also more aggressive looking and appear more streamline. Love this car so far."

Great SUV and redesign for the ML

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, very quiet, solid as a rock."

Cons: "Leather seats optional. Everything is "optional"."

"I have driven them all, MDX, Lexus SUVs, Infiniti FX, and of all of them I like the Mercedes the best overall. The MDX is a close contender and really is more for the money when fully priced out, but with a new body redesign coming up shortly for the MDX, I had to pass it up. The Mercedes rides and handles extremely well and I really like the Nav system and since we already own another Mercedes it presented virtually no learning curve. The only thing I would ding it on is that leather seats are optional! Really, for $55K plus, leather should be standard!"

It's been trouble

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Cons: "Very poor quality control. 4 windshields replaced"

"Shortly after taking delivery of my 2012 ML 350, Mercedes I started having trouble. The windshield was so distorted at certain angles it looked like fun house mirror. Mercedes cheerfully replaced it, with another optically distorted one. I took it back again and the service manager said, "wow that is a distorted windshield". He then ordered another and after the vehicle was at the dealer for a few days he called; He said "you're not going to like this, but the fourth windshield is worse than the third". "I'm going to call our area rep for Mercedes to see if he can help you". So here is his help, I get the vehicle back with another windshield that is also optically distorted and they are going to look around to find one that is clear. I'm not asking for much, just a windshield I can look through without getting a headache. The vehicle has been at the dealers for 8 days. I contacted MB support and it is a joke, no response of any kind for 6 days then a low level clerk calls and says someone will look into it. If you're considering an ML350 be aware that you may have problems. I have some other issues with it as well. Unfortunately something has happened to MS service and quality control. I have been a long term Mercedes customer and presently own 3 different models. The recurring problems with this one is mirrored by the problems with the others. Michael"