• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $43,238 - $45,655.

Invoice N/A

10/7.0

8.4

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

A Nice Small SUV

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Fit, finish handling, ride."

Cons: "Poor instrument layout, poor interior room."

2014 Mercedes M350

"This is a great vehicle for people who want a nice, well-made small SUV. It's powwerful, handles well, and has nice finishing. I am not happy with the ergonomics at all. Too much of the electronic controls are too small and too far from from the driver, requiring you to take your eyes off the road to make any selections or adjustments. I am most unhappy with the navigation and other associated functions. They require total distraction if you want to use them while driving, which is unacceptale. I would not purchase this vehicle again for those reasons alone. As far as driving, handling, and fit, this vehicle is first rate."

2014 Mercedes M350

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"Just bought the ML350 Bluetec 2014. Was a little anxous because of some of the negative reviews out there. However I am glad I stuck with my instict after test driving the car. It is a really nice car! Very quiet, smooth, and comfortable. The interior is nice and the diesel engine is just phenomenal. It starts slow but boy it catches up with the torque like a hot knife in butter. Also for a Diesel it is very quiet and had no problem starting in -10 degree weather. It is like having the power of a V8 engine and the fuel economy of V4. Cant beat it. Interior is very nice. Connectivity to bluetooth is very seamless and command system is very good though could be better. The only gripe I have is that not all diesel gas stations carry the B5 diesel(higher Biodiesel content clogs the filter and voids your warranty) which MB dealers dont tell you up front. However, I can live with that. Overall it is a very comfortable and elegant ride. if you are looking for sporty ride look at Porsche Cayenne. Though it is very expensive with the add ons compared to the ML. Test Drove BMW X5 too which is also nice but the interior feels cramped. Diesel ML was hands down the winner when I look at the whole package."

Major quality issues-Stay away from Mercedes ML350

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Exterior Design, Cargo space, Interior room"

"I leased this vehicle in December 2012 and it's been a disaster: 1) Car "clanks" when you start it. Mercedes pretty much had to rebuild the motor to get it to stop doing it. They said it was a "known" problem without a fix. It wasn't until I threatened them with the Texas Lemon law that they actually fixed the problem. My wife's E350 convertible has the same problem. 2) AC smells like body odor. They did a "complimentary" $250 treatment on the car to get rid of the smell. It still smells and Park Place Motor Cars in Dallas still can't resolve the problem. 3) Transmission is doing double down-shifts. When breaking or taking your foot of the gas the transmission lurches you forward. Park Place still unable to fix it. 4) Passenger and Driver seats move slightly on turns, which is incredibly annoying. Park Place still unable to fix it. I'm following through with Lemon Paperwork on this vehicle. Stay away!"

Decent, but an overpriced Grand Cherokee

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Brand Prestige"

Cons: "Overpriced truck, under-powered V6 engine"

"Driving dynamics is similar to Grand Cherokee due to virtually identical chassis and body frame. The under-powered V6 engine is simply too weak to move briskly this 5000 lbs truck. I should have bought the V8 which will definitely change my poor driving experience. As to the driving position and seating comfort, it is about average, and not the command view that an SUV is supposed to have (Lexus GX has an elevated and upright driving position that other luxury SUVs ought to have). This SUV is overpriced by at least 5K even if MB has great brand prestige. And too bad, all those European or Japanese luxury SUVs are overpriced trucks that are only worth about 70% of their MSRP when new. But that does not mean Detroit luxury SUVs are bargains. Instead, Detroit luxury SUVs are a joke in terms of quality and reliability whether they are 2004 models or 2014 models."

A Quiet and Refined Beauty

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable and refined."

Cons: "Where do I charge my phone???"

"I just picked up my 2015 ML350 4Matic last week...I opted for a few extra bells and whistles like leather seating,heat and massage, ambient interior lighting and the premium package. Now I'm over 6' tall and well over 200lbs and the ML is probably one of the most comfortable and quiet rides I've ever experienced in any smaller SUV I've ever owned. The leather is plush and the seating is very comfortable. The cabin is very spacious for a smaller SUV. I love the fact that I have that extra leg room. The car has good power and shifts seamlessly. The steering might take some getting used to as it seems loose, but it is very responsive. I can't pretend to be the most technologically inclined, but you have a large 7" LCD, well formatted Navi, and pretty well laid out music controls. I still need to delve into the user guide (which is also uploaded into the cars on board hard drive). I'm testing the MBrace feature, which from what I understand, offers up conveniences like emergency services collision notification, concierge services and auto map and computer updates just like GM's OnStar. Well my preliminary impressions of this vehicle are very good to excellent. The only other option that I believe might be worth having is the "off-road" package which includes air suspension and 20" wheels. But then again, this car's 4Matic feature has been great thus far in in-climate weather conditions. I think it's very good on gas too! (20 mpg City)"