• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $43,496 - $45,845.

Invoice N/A

10/7.0

8.0

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10

A Quiet and Refined Beauty

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable and refined."

Cons: "Where do I charge my phone???"

"I just picked up my 2015 ML350 4Matic last week...I opted for a few extra bells and whistles like leather seating,heat and massage, ambient interior lighting and the premium package. Now I'm over 6' tall and well over 200lbs and the ML is probably one of the most comfortable and quiet rides I've ever experienced in any smaller SUV I've ever owned. The leather is plush and the seating is very comfortable. The cabin is very spacious for a smaller SUV. I love the fact that I have that extra leg room. The car has good power and shifts seamlessly. The steering might take some getting used to as it seems loose, but it is very responsive. I can't pretend to be the most technologically inclined, but you have a large 7" LCD, well formatted Navi, and pretty well laid out music controls. I still need to delve into the user guide (which is also uploaded into the cars on board hard drive). I'm testing the MBrace feature, which from what I understand, offers up conveniences like emergency services collision notification, concierge services and auto map and computer updates just like GM's OnStar. Well my preliminary impressions of this vehicle are very good to excellent. The only other option that I believe might be worth having is the "off-road" package which includes air suspension and 20" wheels. But then again, this car's 4Matic feature has been great thus far in in-climate weather conditions. I think it's very good on gas too! (20 mpg City)"

Best car for long distance travel

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, mileage"

Cons: "Wipers sometimes a little spastic."

"Had excellent experience with this vehicle. Fuel mileage remarkable for 5000 lb. vehicle. Comfort best of six SUVs I've owned."

great car. fuel prices no bargain

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "great pickup and milage per gallon"

Cons: "no bargain because fuel prices high"

"i love this car. interior space and pickup is great"

Followup: Some good, but bad things get worse.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Fit and finish, luxurious interior, comfortable."

Cons: "Poor reliability and durability. Klunky ergonomics"

"Hi Everyone: This is a followup to my November 24, 2012 review, now with 2 years and 33,000 miles on my ML350 4Matic with P01 package and Harman Logic7 sound. Fit and finish, ride quality, and stereo still are very good. However, reliability and durability have proven to be very poor. 1) Low profile (for a SUV) tires are fragile, this is definitely a road-going SUV only. I have replaced two tires due to damage at $450 per. 2) This thing EATS BRAKES. Rear brakes have been replaced TWICE so far after only 2yrs and 33K miles of ownership. First time was a warranty repair, second time the dealer denied warranty even though the brakes went from 90% to 5% in 10 months and 13K miles only. 3) Center console cupholder mechanism failed after less than 1 year, repaired under warranty. This car is definitely a disappointment, given MB's self-professed reputation for quality and reliability. Luxurious, yes. Reliable and durable? No."

A Nice Small SUV

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Fit, finish handling, ride."

Cons: "Poor instrument layout, poor interior room."

2014 Mercedes M350

"This is a great vehicle for people who want a nice, well-made small SUV. It's powwerful, handles well, and has nice finishing. I am not happy with the ergonomics at all. Too much of the electronic controls are too small and too far from from the driver, requiring you to take your eyes off the road to make any selections or adjustments. I am most unhappy with the navigation and other associated functions. They require total distraction if you want to use them while driving, which is unacceptale. I would not purchase this vehicle again for those reasons alone. As far as driving, handling, and fit, this vehicle is first rate."

2014 Mercedes M350