• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $43,238 - $45,655.

Invoice N/A

10/7.0

8.4

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Terrific vehicle!

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, turbo V8 power, quiet, refined inter"

Cons: "Rear wiper switch"

"I have the ML550, the V8, after a 2008 and 2010 ML 350. I love this car. The interior is more E-class, whereas the previous generation was more C-class. The sound of the parking brake release, turn signals, door locks -- all very refined and quieter. Graphics, both instrument cluster and COMAND, much improved and incredibly sharp. Quiet on the road, good ride and handling. The twin turbo V8 is a blast! My only complaint -- it's very hard to get a single swipe of the rear wiper the way the switch is configured. I've owned 3 German Mercedes (2 E-class, 1 CLK) and the MLs absolutely beat them in quality."

Mechanically solid, but ergonomically annoying

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pros: "Ride, acceleration, dynamics, styling."

Cons: "Annoying ergonomics, balky transmission."

"Bought a 2013 ML350 4Matic in Sep 2012 as an addition to a '97 4Runner SR5 (manual transmission!) and '02 Pathfinder SE. It has the P01 package, Harman Kardon Logic7 sound, MB-tex, and AWD. Readers be aware that for 2013, there are both 2WD and AWD versions. .. Pros: Comfortable, controlled ride, which is impressive as it weighs about 1200 lbs (!) more than my 4Runner. Acceleration is strong, but requires premium fuel. Quiet at highway speeds. Interior pleather feels like real leather. Steering is very light but accurate, not floaty. Easy to drive long distances in this thing. Upgraded sound system is excellent from an audio standpoint, clunky ergonomics aside. Better than my Infinity/Alpine aftermarket setup in my 4Runner. .. Cons: There are multiple ergonomic and electronic quirks that are very annoying if these things are important to you. 1) Backup camera only functions when radio is on. Why?!? 2) Shifter is on the steering column where the wiper stalk usually is. Takes a lot of getting used to. 3) There are 4 different button clusters for audio controls (2 on steering wheel, one on upper console, one on lower console) but only ONE location (and the hardest to reach) will allow you to do adjust both volume and track +/- at the same time. Some buttons (e.g. the "disc" button) do not do what they say they do. 4) Navigation is inferior to both Garmin and TomTom. It will guide you the wrong way on one-way streets and otherwise get you lost. 5) Balky transmission, especially from a stoplight. Transmission does not drop down to 1st promptly, so when you start again, the transmission is caught off-balance in 2nd or 3rd. The subsequent hesitation followed by "clunk" and "screech!" scares both the driver and passengers. .. Overall, this is a very comfortable, mechanically sound car. But the ergonomic quirks and balky transmission are not acceptable in a car of this price. Toyota and Honda gets this right in their plebian models -- what's wrong with MB?"

best in it's class

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "great ride, even better appearance"

Cons: "none that comes to mind"

"Tested BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Audi, and Cadillac, gas engine all. Only the BMW could comparefavorably. Both more pricy than the others with same features, Leather not standard in either, but I actually prefer the leatherete, since it is more durable . ML performance equal to BMW, but ML won the day because I preferred the interior far better, especially having the shift contols on the steering column, allow more space for storage and beverages."

Great SUV and redesign for the ML

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, very quiet, solid as a rock."

Cons: "Leather seats optional. Everything is "optional"."

"I have driven them all, MDX, Lexus SUVs, Infiniti FX, and of all of them I like the Mercedes the best overall. The MDX is a close contender and really is more for the money when fully priced out, but with a new body redesign coming up shortly for the MDX, I had to pass it up. The Mercedes rides and handles extremely well and I really like the Nav system and since we already own another Mercedes it presented virtually no learning curve. The only thing I would ding it on is that leather seats are optional! Really, for $55K plus, leather should be standard!"

It's been trouble

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Cons: "Very poor quality control. 4 windshields replaced"

"Shortly after taking delivery of my 2012 ML 350, Mercedes I started having trouble. The windshield was so distorted at certain angles it looked like fun house mirror. Mercedes cheerfully replaced it, with another optically distorted one. I took it back again and the service manager said, "wow that is a distorted windshield". He then ordered another and after the vehicle was at the dealer for a few days he called; He said "you're not going to like this, but the fourth windshield is worse than the third". "I'm going to call our area rep for Mercedes to see if he can help you". So here is his help, I get the vehicle back with another windshield that is also optically distorted and they are going to look around to find one that is clear. I'm not asking for much, just a windshield I can look through without getting a headache. The vehicle has been at the dealers for 8 days. I contacted MB support and it is a joke, no response of any kind for 6 days then a low level clerk calls and says someone will look into it. If you're considering an ML350 be aware that you may have problems. I have some other issues with it as well. Unfortunately something has happened to MS service and quality control. I have been a long term Mercedes customer and presently own 3 different models. The recurring problems with this one is mirrored by the problems with the others. Michael"