2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $43,765 - $46,064.

Invoice N/A

10/7.0

8.2

Based on 18 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10

Decent, but an overpriced Grand Cherokee

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Brand Prestige"

Cons: "Overpriced truck, under-powered V6 engine"

"Driving dynamics is similar to Grand Cherokee due to virtually identical chassis and body frame. The under-powered V6 engine is simply too weak to move briskly this 5000 lbs truck. I should have bought the V8 which will definitely change my poor driving experience. As to the driving position and seating comfort, it is about average, and not the command view that an SUV is supposed to have (Lexus GX has an elevated and upright driving position that other luxury SUVs ought to have). This SUV is overpriced by at least 5K even if MB has great brand prestige. And too bad, all those European or Japanese luxury SUVs are overpriced trucks that are only worth about 70% of their MSRP when new. But that does not mean Detroit luxury SUVs are bargains. Instead, Detroit luxury SUVs are a joke in terms of quality and reliability whether they are 2004 models or 2014 models."

Great car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"Love this car, handles very well, comfortable and safe. Was worth every penny."

it's just the perfect vehicle for me and my family

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Perfect car for all my needs and wants"

Cons: "price"

"The car has the luxury I need for clients, the funcationality as a "mom" car, seats my teenagers comfortably and knowing the car drives well and is very safe just makes it the perfect car for me."

Not likely to purchase again

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Quiet good gas mileage"

Cons: "Very unstable on wet roads"

"The car is beautiful but not meant for wet/snowy roads. I am going back to a full size SUV."

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"Just bought the ML350 Bluetec 2014. Was a little anxous because of some of the negative reviews out there. However I am glad I stuck with my instict after test driving the car. It is a really nice car! Very quiet, smooth, and comfortable. The interior is nice and the diesel engine is just phenomenal. It starts slow but boy it catches up with the torque like a hot knife in butter. Also for a Diesel it is very quiet and had no problem starting in -10 degree weather. It is like having the power of a V8 engine and the fuel economy of V4. Cant beat it. Interior is very nice. Connectivity to bluetooth is very seamless and command system is very good though could be better. The only gripe I have is that not all diesel gas stations carry the B5 diesel(higher Biodiesel content clogs the filter and voids your warranty) which MB dealers dont tell you up front. However, I can live with that. Overall it is a very comfortable and elegant ride. if you are looking for sporty ride look at Porsche Cayenne. Though it is very expensive with the add ons compared to the ML. Test Drove BMW X5 too which is also nice but the interior feels cramped. Diesel ML was hands down the winner when I look at the whole package."

excellent

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "great"

Cons: "too expensive"

"great vehicle"

best in it's class

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "great ride, even better appearance"

Cons: "none that comes to mind"

"Tested BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Audi, and Cadillac, gas engine all. Only the BMW could comparefavorably. Both more pricy than the others with same features, Leather not standard in either, but I actually prefer the leatherete, since it is more durable . ML performance equal to BMW, but ML won the day because I preferred the interior far better, especially having the shift contols on the steering column, allow more space for storage and beverages."

Major quality issues-Stay away from Mercedes ML350

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Exterior Design, Cargo space, Interior room"

"I leased this vehicle in December 2012 and it's been a disaster: 1) Car "clanks" when you start it. Mercedes pretty much had to rebuild the motor to get it to stop doing it. They said it was a "known" problem without a fix. It wasn't until I threatened them with the Texas Lemon law that they actually fixed the problem. My wife's E350 convertible has the same problem. 2) AC smells like body odor. They did a "complimentary" $250 treatment on the car to get rid of the smell. It still smells and Park Place Motor Cars in Dallas still can't resolve the problem. 3) Transmission is doing double down-shifts. When breaking or taking your foot of the gas the transmission lurches you forward. Park Place still unable to fix it. 4) Passenger and Driver seats move slightly on turns, which is incredibly annoying. Park Place still unable to fix it. I'm following through with Lemon Paperwork on this vehicle. Stay away!"

Terrific vehicle!

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, turbo V8 power, quiet, refined inter"

Cons: "Rear wiper switch"

"I have the ML550, the V8, after a 2008 and 2010 ML 350. I love this car. The interior is more E-class, whereas the previous generation was more C-class. The sound of the parking brake release, turn signals, door locks -- all very refined and quieter. Graphics, both instrument cluster and COMAND, much improved and incredibly sharp. Quiet on the road, good ride and handling. The twin turbo V8 is a blast! My only complaint -- it's very hard to get a single swipe of the rear wiper the way the switch is configured. I've owned 3 German Mercedes (2 E-class, 1 CLK) and the MLs absolutely beat them in quality."

So good I bought two

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Quality build, safety, available options, drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage (only sllightly)"

"I am a stickler for research to be sure. I do this so I can be sure to get the best value for my money. My wife finds this frustrating but in the end I know I have what I want. That said, I researched all the European and Asian options and found the ML 350 to be the best value on the market. In fact, I just purchased my second one. I have been a BMW man for almost 20 years. My 2010 535i was an awesome sports car but lacked the space I needed. In my opinion the Japanese options just weren't up to the quality standards of the Germans. They just felt really light weight compared to the Europeans. The Audi was more like the Asians than the German's. I liked the BMW X5's handling a little better than the ML's but only slightly. Other than that, the ML won on all counts. Mercedes-Benz offers a great list of options for this vehicle. I got my first ML back in Sept. 2012 and now have a second one. My second one has ALL the options and they work as described. Gas mileage isn't so hot but if you calculate the cost of the ML compared to the competition it's only a little higher. Another factor that moved me to a second Mercedes is the service. When I recently had service done on my BMW 535i, the BMW dealership gave me a Toyota Yaris as a loner (REALLY???)."