• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $47,200 - $49,491.

Invoice N/A
"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 100 miles.

10/7.0

8.3

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

best in it's class

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "great ride, even better appearance"

Cons: "none that comes to mind"

"Tested BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Audi, and Cadillac, gas engine all. Only the BMW could comparefavorably. Both more pricy than the others with same features, Leather not standard in either, but I actually prefer the leatherete, since it is more durable . ML performance equal to BMW, but ML won the day because I preferred the interior far better, especially having the shift contols on the steering column, allow more space for storage and beverages."

Major quality issues-Stay away from Mercedes ML350

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Exterior Design, Cargo space, Interior room"

"I leased this vehicle in December 2012 and it's been a disaster: 1) Car "clanks" when you start it. Mercedes pretty much had to rebuild the motor to get it to stop doing it. They said it was a "known" problem without a fix. It wasn't until I threatened them with the Texas Lemon law that they actually fixed the problem. My wife's E350 convertible has the same problem. 2) AC smells like body odor. They did a "complimentary" $250 treatment on the car to get rid of the smell. It still smells and Park Place Motor Cars in Dallas still can't resolve the problem. 3) Transmission is doing double down-shifts. When breaking or taking your foot of the gas the transmission lurches you forward. Park Place still unable to fix it. 4) Passenger and Driver seats move slightly on turns, which is incredibly annoying. Park Place still unable to fix it. I'm following through with Lemon Paperwork on this vehicle. Stay away!"

Terrific vehicle!

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, turbo V8 power, quiet, refined inter"

Cons: "Rear wiper switch"

"I have the ML550, the V8, after a 2008 and 2010 ML 350. I love this car. The interior is more E-class, whereas the previous generation was more C-class. The sound of the parking brake release, turn signals, door locks -- all very refined and quieter. Graphics, both instrument cluster and COMAND, much improved and incredibly sharp. Quiet on the road, good ride and handling. The twin turbo V8 is a blast! My only complaint -- it's very hard to get a single swipe of the rear wiper the way the switch is configured. I've owned 3 German Mercedes (2 E-class, 1 CLK) and the MLs absolutely beat them in quality."

So good I bought two

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Quality build, safety, available options, drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage (only sllightly)"

"I am a stickler for research to be sure. I do this so I can be sure to get the best value for my money. My wife finds this frustrating but in the end I know I have what I want. That said, I researched all the European and Asian options and found the ML 350 to be the best value on the market. In fact, I just purchased my second one. I have been a BMW man for almost 20 years. My 2010 535i was an awesome sports car but lacked the space I needed. In my opinion the Japanese options just weren't up to the quality standards of the Germans. They just felt really light weight compared to the Europeans. The Audi was more like the Asians than the German's. I liked the BMW X5's handling a little better than the ML's but only slightly. Other than that, the ML won on all counts. Mercedes-Benz offers a great list of options for this vehicle. I got my first ML back in Sept. 2012 and now have a second one. My second one has ALL the options and they work as described. Gas mileage isn't so hot but if you calculate the cost of the ML compared to the competition it's only a little higher. Another factor that moved me to a second Mercedes is the service. When I recently had service done on my BMW 535i, the BMW dealership gave me a Toyota Yaris as a loner (REALLY???)."

Mechanically solid, but ergonomically annoying

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pros: "Ride, acceleration, dynamics, styling."

Cons: "Annoying ergonomics, balky transmission."

"Bought a 2013 ML350 4Matic in Sep 2012 as an addition to a '97 4Runner SR5 (manual transmission!) and '02 Pathfinder SE. It has the P01 package, Harman Kardon Logic7 sound, MB-tex, and AWD. Readers be aware that for 2013, there are both 2WD and AWD versions. .. Pros: Comfortable, controlled ride, which is impressive as it weighs about 1200 lbs (!) more than my 4Runner. Acceleration is strong, but requires premium fuel. Quiet at highway speeds. Interior pleather feels like real leather. Steering is very light but accurate, not floaty. Easy to drive long distances in this thing. Upgraded sound system is excellent from an audio standpoint, clunky ergonomics aside. Better than my Infinity/Alpine aftermarket setup in my 4Runner. .. Cons: There are multiple ergonomic and electronic quirks that are very annoying if these things are important to you. 1) Backup camera only functions when radio is on. Why?!? 2) Shifter is on the steering column where the wiper stalk usually is. Takes a lot of getting used to. 3) There are 4 different button clusters for audio controls (2 on steering wheel, one on upper console, one on lower console) but only ONE location (and the hardest to reach) will allow you to do adjust both volume and track +/- at the same time. Some buttons (e.g. the "disc" button) do not do what they say they do. 4) Navigation is inferior to both Garmin and TomTom. It will guide you the wrong way on one-way streets and otherwise get you lost. 5) Balky transmission, especially from a stoplight. Transmission does not drop down to 1st promptly, so when you start again, the transmission is caught off-balance in 2nd or 3rd. The subsequent hesitation followed by "clunk" and "screech!" scares both the driver and passengers. .. Overall, this is a very comfortable, mechanically sound car. But the ergonomic quirks and balky transmission are not acceptable in a car of this price. Toyota and Honda gets this right in their plebian models -- what's wrong with MB?"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25