• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $45,337 - $47,882.

Invoice N/A

10/7.0

8.4

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Extremely quiet and luxurious. Plush interior.

By on Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, luxurious, quality materials, good power"

Cons: "HID lights should be standard."

"I bought this car 2 months ago. I was thinking of buying the bluetec but not satisfied with the performance. there is a slight lag when accelerating. Gas engine seem to have better acceleration although MPG suffers compared to bluetec. Interior is extremely well done. Love the new look compared to previous models. Exterior is also more aggressive looking and appear more streamline. Love this car so far."

It's been trouble

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Cons: "Very poor quality control. 4 windshields replaced"

"Shortly after taking delivery of my 2012 ML 350, Mercedes I started having trouble. The windshield was so distorted at certain angles it looked like fun house mirror. Mercedes cheerfully replaced it, with another optically distorted one. I took it back again and the service manager said, "wow that is a distorted windshield". He then ordered another and after the vehicle was at the dealer for a few days he called; He said "you're not going to like this, but the fourth windshield is worse than the third". "I'm going to call our area rep for Mercedes to see if he can help you". So here is his help, I get the vehicle back with another windshield that is also optically distorted and they are going to look around to find one that is clear. I'm not asking for much, just a windshield I can look through without getting a headache. The vehicle has been at the dealers for 8 days. I contacted MB support and it is a joke, no response of any kind for 6 days then a low level clerk calls and says someone will look into it. If you're considering an ML350 be aware that you may have problems. I have some other issues with it as well. Unfortunately something has happened to MS service and quality control. I have been a long term Mercedes customer and presently own 3 different models. The recurring problems with this one is mirrored by the problems with the others. Michael"

One of the best SUVs out there!

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pros: "Damping System, Power lift gate, DISTRONIC Plus"

Cons: "Bit pricey, laggy acceleration, not as sporty"

"Ive been a recurring MB owner for years and my entire family drives the benz brand. I bought this car about four months ago and just simply love it. The quality of the materials is unmatched by BMW's x5. The look of the vehicle has been given a necessary revamp which makes the ml look even more aggressive and sharp. While it is a bit pricey for its class, it's sure money well spent if your looking into the SUV market. Driving is exceptional when on or off roading, though i agree with those below that acceleration can be a bit laggy at first but it eventually evens out."

best in it's class

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "great ride, even better appearance"

Cons: "none that comes to mind"

"Tested BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Audi, and Cadillac, gas engine all. Only the BMW could comparefavorably. Both more pricy than the others with same features, Leather not standard in either, but I actually prefer the leatherete, since it is more durable . ML performance equal to BMW, but ML won the day because I preferred the interior far better, especially having the shift contols on the steering column, allow more space for storage and beverages."

Not so sure

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable interior"

Cons: "soft handling"

"I purchased this vehicle new 2 months ago. The revamped appearance is very appealing, making the vehicle "edgier" and more current than past models. The ML has a very soft and 'floaty' ride, similar to a Lexus. If you are looking for a more luxurious feel (vs. tighter drive) this is your car. For some reason I feel like I'm driving a sedan, and prefer a more powerful ride. Acceleration lags initially but catches up. I have had repeated difficulty with the Bluetooth technology, a lot of crackling, static and cutting out in the speakers...very annoying. Also, I am disappointed with the "fake" leather...a vehicle that touts luxury and a hefty price tag to boot should have this as a standard feature. The nav system is well done and user friendly...but there are many components that are also difficult to click through to find what you're looking for. I am currently considering taking the loss and switching to the BMW X5. It comes down to this: if you are looking for a cushy softer feel, this will make you very happy. I feel, somehow, that it is an "older person's" car. If you want driving performance and not quite ready for the Buick ride...keep looking."