2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Love the Car

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "Best VALUE in a luxury vehicle I know of."

Cons: "Navigation system needs improvement."

"Easy in IN and OUT even for big guys ~ 6'2" and 300#. Smooth, QUIET, and very responsive. Engine revs effortlessly to redline. Average 22.6 MPG ~ mostly DFW freeway travel. 15 MPG or so stoplight to stoplight. Lots of room in the rear hatch for all my skeet shooting gear. A bit bouncy with 4 adults and luggage on a trip, but OK. Voice communication of Nav/Bluetooth system is the only point I would not give a 10. Ford and Infiniti (we own them) have a better system."

Our 4th ML and Best in Show

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "The "250" diesel is perfect for this SUV"

"This 2015 ML250 BlueTec is just a bit longer wheelbase than previous models. It has more legroom, a better ride and it handles better too. The 2.15L Biturbo diesel engine is amazing --e.g., it has plenty of power in all normal driving situations while delivering better than advertised miles per gallon (I'm getting >30 mpg on my daily drive) and the range is great --e.g., daytrips can range up to 600 miles on a single tank of fuel; and, diesel fuel prices are currently lower than regular gas so that's an added bonus. Distronic Plus, MB's adaptive cruise control really is a 'plus' (I wouldn't leave home without it)."

Great vehcle, gets the job done with confort.

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "Quiet, confortable, interior quality, handling"

Cons: "Controls need to be more intutive and centralized"

"I purchased this vehicle in 2013 and traded in a 2011 BMW 535.This is a two row SUV based on the same platform as the GL which is a longer 3 row design. Both vehicles have the same interior layout with the exact same dimentions minus the extra row. After driving both the GL & ML, I liked the ML, because it handled better. It is also more fuel efficient. It has excellent safety ratings and feels sturdy and stable, at 4700 lbs. One of the selling points of SUVs is safety, regardless of the crash test results with cars. All of the safety features of modern cars,does not make up for mass. The government crash tests are based on fixed objects, not other vehicles. This vehicle rides well and is very quiet. The only downside with taller vehicles is that, there is more wobble on uneaven roads. The extra movement is transfered to the driver because of the extra height. With the electronic stability controls,handling around curves is great in normal driving. The advantage is that the extra height gives the driver of an SUV more protection in a crash with a standard car. The main structure of the SUV rides higher than the structure of a typical car, so the impact of the SUV occurs at the weakest point on the car, but strongest on the SUV. There are many SUVs on the market, but the ML is worth the little extra cost with a higher level of quality."

This is the best suv I've ever owned

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "Great in town and especially on the highway"

Cons: "No cons"

"I love to drive this vehicle. It has great torque(diesel)and acceleration. The fuel mileage is 30+ on the highway and 23+ around town. It easily tows a large trailer and 23 foot boat. My wife drives a new Avalon Limited, but always asks to use my car when she shops. It has so much storage when the rear door seats are down.Great sport utility!"

Best in the long run.

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cons: "Leans a little on corners."

"This vehicle is the best for longer trips. Excellent climate system. First week we had it we were driving on the Interstate in South Carolina and the vehicle thermometer indicated 109 degrees outside temperature but cool as a cucumber inside. Same for really cold weather. Most comfortable vehicle we have had for Interstate long distance driving. Also, real easy to get into and out of for tall people."