2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.3

Based on 29 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Our 4th ML and Best in Show

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "The "250" diesel is perfect for this SUV"

"This 2015 ML250 BlueTec is just a bit longer wheelbase than previous models. It has more legroom, a better ride and it handles better too. The 2.15L Biturbo diesel engine is amazing --e.g., it has plenty of power in all normal driving situations while delivering better than advertised miles per gallon (I'm getting >30 mpg on my daily drive) and the range is great --e.g., daytrips can range up to 600 miles on a single tank of fuel; and, diesel fuel prices are currently lower than regular gas so that's an added bonus. Distronic Plus, MB's adaptive cruise control really is a 'plus' (I wouldn't leave home without it)."

Great vehcle, gets the job done with confort.

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "Quiet, confortable, interior quality, handling"

Cons: "Controls need to be more intutive and centralized"

"I purchased this vehicle in 2013 and traded in a 2011 BMW 535.This is a two row SUV based on the same platform as the GL which is a longer 3 row design. Both vehicles have the same interior layout with the exact same dimentions minus the extra row. After driving both the GL & ML, I liked the ML, because it handled better. It is also more fuel efficient. It has excellent safety ratings and feels sturdy and stable, at 4700 lbs. One of the selling points of SUVs is safety, regardless of the crash test results with cars. All of the safety features of modern cars,does not make up for mass. The government crash tests are based on fixed objects, not other vehicles. This vehicle rides well and is very quiet. The only downside with taller vehicles is that, there is more wobble on uneaven roads. The extra movement is transfered to the driver because of the extra height. With the electronic stability controls,handling around curves is great in normal driving. The advantage is that the extra height gives the driver of an SUV more protection in a crash with a standard car. The main structure of the SUV rides higher than the structure of a typical car, so the impact of the SUV occurs at the weakest point on the car, but strongest on the SUV. There are many SUVs on the market, but the ML is worth the little extra cost with a higher level of quality."

This is the best suv I've ever owned

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "Great in town and especially on the highway"

Cons: "No cons"

"I love to drive this vehicle. It has great torque(diesel)and acceleration. The fuel mileage is 30+ on the highway and 23+ around town. It easily tows a large trailer and 23 foot boat. My wife drives a new Avalon Limited, but always asks to use my car when she shops. It has so much storage when the rear door seats are down.Great sport utility!"

Best in the long run.

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cons: "Leans a little on corners."

"This vehicle is the best for longer trips. Excellent climate system. First week we had it we were driving on the Interstate in South Carolina and the vehicle thermometer indicated 109 degrees outside temperature but cool as a cucumber inside. Same for really cold weather. Most comfortable vehicle we have had for Interstate long distance driving. Also, real easy to get into and out of for tall people."

Outstanding vehicle.

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "This is one SUV that is incredibly fun to drive."

Cons: "Bring your wallet..."

"This is the most fun car I've ever owned. The engine response and the ease of steering far outpace anything I've had in SUVs in the past. The car simply performs impeccably."

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

"Excellent quality automobile, extremely comfortable, great lines, great motor. Love this car."

A Quiet and Refined Beauty

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable and refined."

Cons: "Where do I charge my phone???"

"I just picked up my 2015 ML350 4Matic last week...I opted for a few extra bells and whistles like leather seating,heat and massage, ambient interior lighting and the premium package. Now I'm over 6' tall and well over 200lbs and the ML is probably one of the most comfortable and quiet rides I've ever experienced in any smaller SUV I've ever owned. The leather is plush and the seating is very comfortable. The cabin is very spacious for a smaller SUV. I love the fact that I have that extra leg room. The car has good power and shifts seamlessly. The steering might take some getting used to as it seems loose, but it is very responsive. I can't pretend to be the most technologically inclined, but you have a large 7" LCD, well formatted Navi, and pretty well laid out music controls. I still need to delve into the user guide (which is also uploaded into the cars on board hard drive). I'm testing the MBrace feature, which from what I understand, offers up conveniences like emergency services collision notification, concierge services and auto map and computer updates just like GM's OnStar. Well my preliminary impressions of this vehicle are very good to excellent. The only other option that I believe might be worth having is the "off-road" package which includes air suspension and 20" wheels. But then again, this car's 4Matic feature has been great thus far in in-climate weather conditions. I think it's very good on gas too! (20 mpg City)"

Best car for long distance travel

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, mileage"

Cons: "Wipers sometimes a little spastic."

"Had excellent experience with this vehicle. Fuel mileage remarkable for 5000 lb. vehicle. Comfort best of six SUVs I've owned."

great car. fuel prices no bargain

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "great pickup and milage per gallon"

Cons: "no bargain because fuel prices high"

"i love this car. interior space and pickup is great"

Followup: Some good, but bad things get worse.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Fit and finish, luxurious interior, comfortable."

Cons: "Poor reliability and durability. Klunky ergonomics"

"Hi Everyone: This is a followup to my November 24, 2012 review, now with 2 years and 33,000 miles on my ML350 4Matic with P01 package and Harman Logic7 sound. Fit and finish, ride quality, and stereo still are very good. However, reliability and durability have proven to be very poor. 1) Low profile (for a SUV) tires are fragile, this is definitely a road-going SUV only. I have replaced two tires due to damage at $450 per. 2) This thing EATS BRAKES. Rear brakes have been replaced TWICE so far after only 2yrs and 33K miles of ownership. First time was a warranty repair, second time the dealer denied warranty even though the brakes went from 90% to 5% in 10 months and 13K miles only. 3) Center console cupholder mechanism failed after less than 1 year, repaired under warranty. This car is definitely a disappointment, given MB's self-professed reputation for quality and reliability. Luxurious, yes. Reliable and durable? No."