• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

7.9

Based on 20 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Followup: Some good, but bad things get worse.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Fit and finish, luxurious interior, comfortable."

Cons: "Poor reliability and durability. Klunky ergonomics"

"Hi Everyone: This is a followup to my November 24, 2012 review, now with 2 years and 33,000 miles on my ML350 4Matic with P01 package and Harman Logic7 sound. Fit and finish, ride quality, and stereo still are very good. However, reliability and durability have proven to be very poor. 1) Low profile (for a SUV) tires are fragile, this is definitely a road-going SUV only. I have replaced two tires due to damage at $450 per. 2) This thing EATS BRAKES. Rear brakes have been replaced TWICE so far after only 2yrs and 33K miles of ownership. First time was a warranty repair, second time the dealer denied warranty even though the brakes went from 90% to 5% in 10 months and 13K miles only. 3) Center console cupholder mechanism failed after less than 1 year, repaired under warranty. This car is definitely a disappointment, given MB's self-professed reputation for quality and reliability. Luxurious, yes. Reliable and durable? No."

A Nice Small SUV

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Fit, finish handling, ride."

Cons: "Poor instrument layout, poor interior room."

2014 Mercedes M350

"This is a great vehicle for people who want a nice, well-made small SUV. It's powwerful, handles well, and has nice finishing. I am not happy with the ergonomics at all. Too much of the electronic controls are too small and too far from from the driver, requiring you to take your eyes off the road to make any selections or adjustments. I am most unhappy with the navigation and other associated functions. They require total distraction if you want to use them while driving, which is unacceptale. I would not purchase this vehicle again for those reasons alone. As far as driving, handling, and fit, this vehicle is first rate."

2014 Mercedes M350

Decent, but an overpriced Grand Cherokee

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Brand Prestige"

Cons: "Overpriced truck, under-powered V6 engine"

"Driving dynamics is similar to Grand Cherokee due to virtually identical chassis and body frame. The under-powered V6 engine is simply too weak to move briskly this 5000 lbs truck. I should have bought the V8 which will definitely change my poor driving experience. As to the driving position and seating comfort, it is about average, and not the command view that an SUV is supposed to have (Lexus GX has an elevated and upright driving position that other luxury SUVs ought to have). This SUV is overpriced by at least 5K even if MB has great brand prestige. And too bad, all those European or Japanese luxury SUVs are overpriced trucks that are only worth about 70% of their MSRP when new. But that does not mean Detroit luxury SUVs are bargains. Instead, Detroit luxury SUVs are a joke in terms of quality and reliability whether they are 2004 models or 2014 models."

Great car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"Love this car, handles very well, comfortable and safe. Was worth every penny."

it's just the perfect vehicle for me and my family

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Perfect car for all my needs and wants"

Cons: "price"

"The car has the luxury I need for clients, the funcationality as a "mom" car, seats my teenagers comfortably and knowing the car drives well and is very safe just makes it the perfect car for me."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next