• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

They get better every year

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"This is my third mL and the best!"

Luxury and Style

By on Saturday, November 03, 2007

"I adore this vehicle. It has every option I could imagine and I look forward to going to work everyday just so I can drive it!!"

my ml350

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"My wife loves the SUV! We leased it to be sure, but we will buying it at the end of the lease. It's that great of an automobile."

Great for long trips

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"People stop us in parking lots to ask about this car. Mileage is better than advertised. Very solid SUV. Dealer service is great."

Owen one

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Drives very well. has the most stylish look than any other SUVs."

Best SUV

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"Great SUV!! It handles well, great performance, good gas mileage."

very good

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"The engine is very stronge even if I never pulled a boat or trailer up hill.if you don't have a lead foot milage is very good"

Fantastic

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2007

"It is better than the gasoline version. Try it, you love it. And the economy. Diesel is $.50 below premium gasoline! Nearly half the cost of the fuel per mile of any SUV of the same size."

Disappointing

By on Saturday, October 31, 2009

"Although my ML350 is a comfortable, smooth-riding vehicle, there are some glitches that surprise me in a $50K vehicle. The navigation system is substandard. My Tom-Tom is far superior to the navi system that came on my MB. I've also had the vehicle into the service department multiple times for the same problem (CO sensors), and I've only owned the vehicle for two years. Service department is great, but maintenance is expensive. I've enjoyed the vehicle overall but will never own another one."

We Love Our Mercedes ML350 SUV!!!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Attractive and fun to drive. It's a Mercedes!"

Cons: "The navigation voice command is a bit touchy."

My 2009 ML350 w/Premium II Package

"Bottom line up front: this is a fantastic vehicle! I shopped several auto makers when searching for a larger vehicle that would better accommodate my small family. After careful consideration I reduced my choices down to the ML350, the new Grand Cherokee Overland (which I believe shares design and engineering elements with the ML), and the Volvo XC90. I ultimately decided on the Mercedes. I was initially set on leasing a 2011 model, but Mercedes Benz Financial was running great financing on 2009 CPO vehicles. With such a low APR I elected to purchase the CPO, which ultimately allowed me to take home a vehicle with more options. That being said; the build quality of the ML350 is second-to-none. I personally like the fact that when I'm traveling down the highway I don't hear any road noise inside of my vehicle. Additionally, you can be assured that you won't be plagued by the random knocks or interior rattles that usually result from poor build quality or low-end materials. The safety features of the vehicle were one of the major reasons that I decided on the Mercedes. Front and rear parking sensors, a backup camera, and air bags throughout the vehicle add to its overall safety factor. If you're not going to be towing anything heavy the ML350 won't disappoint. However, if you're looking for more low-end torque for towing - go with the ML550. The electronics in the Mercedes seem to be a little bit behind those of Japanese competitors, but if you enjoy the basics you shouldn't be disappointed. The hard drive based navigation system works great and is quite simple to use. If you purchase the MBrace service (sort of like ONSTAR) you can actually send destinations to your car via Google Maps. The MBrace service also has an iPHONE application that allows you to locate your vehicle (if you've had a parking lot memory lapse!) and unlock your doors if you've managed to leave your keys inside of the ML. My ML has the Keyless GO feature which pretty much eliminates the need for me to ever take my keys out of my pocket (my wife's key is at the bottom of her purse). Although my daily commuting isn't too extensive, I would estimate my city mileage around 16 mpg. On our last family road trip, maintaining an average speed of 75 mph, I averaged right around 22 mpg. If your looking for an attractive, dependable, and solidly constructed SUV - the ML350 will not disappoint!"

My 2009 ML350 w/Premium II Package

2007 320 CDI Diesel 50k miles

By on Sunday, March 29, 2009

"I own the diesel model. I travel 60k to 80k miles per year, and trade vehicles pretty much every 18 months. I am NOT a "Brand" person owning pretty much every MFG. Volvo, Ford, GM, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Dodge, etc. I buy based on options, comfort, and LOOKS. I bought my ML 320 as a program, 9k miles on it. I now have slightly over 50k miles on it. When i test drove, found the seats to be really firm, but on long trips found that firmness to translate into much more comfort with out back or rear aches. Cornering, WOW, handles likes a sports car! Pulls my 3500 lb boat like its not there (Other than the little mirrors cant see around it) I have had a few repairs under warranty, mainly sensors, but nothing I would think strange for any MFG. Fuel, I drive like a race car driver :) I get 26mpg in town, and 22 HWY. Due to vehicle designed for 50-70 for perfect performance, above 70mph fuel consumption raises a LOT, I travel 80 - 85 on interstates. very solid vehicle, AWD is awesome, I have 20" wheels, so the ride is a little stiff, the smaller wheels have taller tires making a softer ride, but the 20's handle like a dream on tight corners at high speed. Diesel has TONS of torque, WAY more than any other vehicle Ive owned including many V-8's Being a diesel, there is a little pause or hesitation at take off, suddenly taken away with the turbo kicking in and putting your head in the seat back. Pros: comfort, safety, handling, power, city fuel consumption, looks, stereo, resale. Cons: finding stations with car diesel, expensive service every 6k miles ($200- $300 each time) VERY expensive tires, Like BMW every option COSTS big!, Navigation and stereo takes some getting used to, not very user friendly until you use it a lot. All in all, its one of my very favorites! My second favorite is Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. Very close comparrison in vehicle, handeling, and price. This one has better resale, better fuel econemy, no 3rd row seat, but much better fittment, and finish inside than Ford. No cheap feeling plastic like ford, Otherwise, very comparable vehicles. Love it, and recommend it to any one! The design of the body panels make it look smaller than it is. Its barely smaller than Expedition."

Sorry I bought MB

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Too many to mention"

"My 1st and last MB First it was the drivers side electric door opener that went. Then it was the rear right blinker LED light. Then a few days later the left rear winder lever (cheap plastic) snaps off in my hand as I lowered the window!! I AM NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY ANOTHER OVERPRICED MB AGAIN!!!! MBUSA's answer to my complaint since I am over the 50K warranty miles is they will give me a deal on my less than 3 year old ML350 to trade-in for a new MB. YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!"

Think again...

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pros: "Great body style and comfortable"

Cons: "Transmission, Oil sensor defect, interior pieces easily fall off"

"Before purchasing my 2007 ML, I read reviews of the ML having transmission issues. I loved the car so much I thought I would take my chances... Now at 47000 miles and out of warranty, my ML is having transmission issues, electrical issues and the interior is falling apart. Mercedes Benz USA will not help you once your car is out of warranty. This will be my first and last car with them!"

Service NIGHTMARE

By on Friday, July 29, 2011

Pros: "Rides well, good on gas"

Cons: "Constant SERVICE ISSUES"

"I would love my 2006 350ML if it where not for the CONSTANT service issues. Most of the problems produce warning lights and most of the time the warning lights are the malfunction! I still have to take it to the dealer and pay for them to shut off the warning lights. The brakes are SOFT and have been replaced TWICE in the 50,000 miles I put on the car. The tail lights have been an issue and the driver's side mirror collects water during a heavy rain. The door locks short out occaisionally and they had not found the problem. Sometimes I just can't lock the car! NOW...I had to have it towed because the computer that runs the transmission is broken - EXPENSIVE REPAIR and it has to be ordered so I am without a vehicle for a week."

MBZ ML350 - great, sturdy, reliable car

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, stylish, reliable"

Cons: "can't think of cons - well designed"

"Have owned this car for 4 years and love it. Very comfortable, safe and a joy to drive. Will always own a Mercedes. Am going to get a sedan as my days of transporting kids everywhere is coming to and end. However, plan to keep this car as a 3rd family car. If treated right, this car will continue to be reliable. Would recommend this car, especially for a family."

I Love this SUV

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I'm the 2nd owner of this ML320 Diesel. I purchased it with 48,000 miles -and I will own it when it has 248,000 miles. Runs like a well oiled machine -25 mpg -like riding on a cloud! If you offered me a new one for no additional dollar difference -I wouldn't give you my 08 ML320. I LOVE IT!!!!!!"

Great car

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

"Only problem has been with rear gate closing, and Mercedes replaced part at no cost. Great car, handles beautifully, can fit a lot of stuff in it, and great in snow."

Just under warranty...we are very very lucky

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Coverage is great under warranty, beautiful"

Cons: "too many repairs needed under warranty"

"We were fortunate to get this one used for a great price with about 25000 miles on it about three years ago. We have had to bring this in several times over the three years for significant issues Fortunately, all were under warranty and MB handled them without issue. Recently we noted it started losing power, especially uphills. We were getting close to the 50k end of the warranty and were told as long as it gets to the dealership under 50k (we got it there about 30 or so miles under 50k) We get a call "You are very, very lucky you got it here--right now the engine is out on the floor and we wont be able to get it back to you for a week." The service manager spoke with my wife so I am not sure what the issue was but we were told "the warranty is going to save you several 1000s on this one." Part of me thinks we just got a lemon and wants to give them another try with another 2 year old vehicle still under warranty. The other part of me says to go try acura which we have had in the past and never had a problem. It is a shame the ML 350 is a beautiful vehicle that is great to drive. I am just not sure I am trusting these models at this time"

Wow - what a car - I absolutely love it

By on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage for an SUV, zero emissions, pretty"

Cons: "Less cup holders than previous years."

"I owned a 2004 ML350 for many years and traded it on the 2011 ML350 simply because of the options of the new models including hard drive, memory cards, 6 disc upfront, 110 plug ins. It has a more luxury feel to it and I love it. So comfortable for road trips, can have all my music ready. The bluetooth is awesome, just press a button to pick up a call and talk through the vehicle - that's what bluetooth should be. Even quieter than previous models, great handling and I'm getting 23 in town and 29 highway with the diesel, zero emissions system and it's pretty."

Drives good, quality less than I expected

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "drives good"

Cons: "quality, service, value"

"Car drives good, excellent acceleration and handling. Turn signal has wipers,etc. on it. The steering wheel design makes it impossible to see the different functions located on the turn signal and also makes it difficult to see some of the other controls on the left of the dash (lights for example). Navigation system is not user friendly nor is the sound system. Have never been able to download MP3 to system even tho I follow the directions to the letter. Navigation system does not take you in a direct route sometimes and you cannot try to locate a specific establishment when you are in a strange town. Asking for POIs near your location can get you stuff that is 500 miles away. Does not hold it's value as well as a Lexus (I have owned 2 Lexus and my next csr will be a Lexus. Seat belt quit working twice within the first 6 months of owning it (it was new car). Dealer service was unacceptable until I compared their car to a Toyota. Complained to MB corporate and got no response."

Over rated

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"The ML 350 is a good vehicle but not worthy of the Mercedes reputation. The vehicle has had to be taken in for some type of srvice every 6 months. Nothing major, but little probelm such as tailgate, speakers, battery, tail lamps, etc. It's a nuisance having to take it back to the dealer so often. And the ride, handling, etc are nothing special. I expected more from a Mercedes"

Best all around SUV

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"320CDI bought new Dec '07. Over 80k miles have never been stopped on the road due to a problem. Feels just as solid and taut as when new. Bridgestone HP sport tires (19 inch size hard to find) completely changed the way it handles. In wet or dry conditions, the grip and tracking is amazing with no ride penalty. I get 30k miles per set and will buy another at 90k. Great comfort and cruising ability at 95 MPH. Other than some trim and weatherstripping problems this SUV is terrific. The trick to getting great value with any Mercedes is to find a private mechanic that you can trust. I found one who charges 30% less than the dealer and is great. The diesel motor is awesome and very flexible. At $50k, it is a relative bargain."

Good Concept - pretty sloppy execution

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "good comfort, nice ride, AWD is a bless"

Cons: "mechanically unreliable, expensive on the road"

"One may be surprised by the title, but here are my reasons why I am stating that: * NOTE * this is for the ML320 CDI models up to 2009 - Let me start by saying that I have never had a vehicle to be so costly in repairs. And when I am talking repairs, I am talking about design and manufacturing issues, which should have been called lemon issues to begin with. For starters, I had to replace front differential at only 50k miles; all the struts and shocks failed at 65k miles; oil cooler had to be changed at 70k; Timing belt, manifold gaskets, one computer (out of many) and I can continue the list on and on and on ... Overall is a bad design from the start. Why? Well all the parts that had to be replaced were "upgraded" by Mercedes with supposedly better quality materials. Why has this not been done from the beginning ? Because this is were they make the money - "stealership". Overall - is a nice car, a pleasure to drive and real comfortable - when it works."

The best mid size SUV

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"My 06 ML 500 has completed 52000 trouble free miles. I regularly tow a 7000lb camper without any trouble at all. The interior looks brand new after 3 years. Normal driving will get you 23mpg hwy and 18 town. Not bad for a V8. The steering and suspension is still very tight and trouble free - just like the rest of it. It will definitely out-pull my ram 1500 with a Hemi. Pulling 7000lb's it gets 10-11mpg. Good job Mercedes-Benz."

Worst Mercedes I've owned

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Very expensive to maintain"

"My ML-320 has 82,000 miles and I've spent $8,000 replacing the stiring rack and tubocharger in the last three months. The cars is very expensive to maintain. I will not purchase another Mercedes."