2010 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

The worst purchase ever !!! I bought a NEW LEMON!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I Purchased this car in 2006 brand new with 10 miles, it was my dream car , I thought. within 6 months on Christmas night, the transmission went out, thank god it was under warranty, then a year later the power steering went out, again thank god , it was still under warranty . I started to wonder if I should trade it in. but I really loved my car and felt like all the kinks was out. Well , the A/C vents broke, power seats stop working, had message about the airbags not working , took it to the dealer and all this was not covered with my warranty. spent over $3500. to fix all . the next year the radiator went out , $2,000. the power driver window button snapped off, and the lights needed to be changed , which I have had to do every year. I can't understand why the light bulds don't last because apparentely there is a back up bulds. spent $450 just to change 2 parking lights/fog lights/ 2 back lights. now we are in 2014 , the timming chain broke , $6,000 to fix !!! can't do it !! I will put on craig's list an hope I can get a decent amount for it. I can't even get $6,000 from the dealer to trade in , they offered $5,000. the worst purchase of my life !!! never again will I buy a MERCEDES BENZ !!!"

ML-350 Balance Shaft Problem

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "Good to drive"

Cons: "Maintenance nightmare -"

"This car was a maintenance nightmare - new engine at 15K, transmission problems at 80K, electrical problems - all the time, and finally the Balance Shaft problem - $6300 repair for a known defect that MB knew about. Will never buy another MB product. Have gone to Lexus. Beware of MB, quality is no longer inherent in the name. search ml250 balance shaft --- lots of problems from people"

Great SUV especially on long drives

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle and not a monster"

"I really like it's turning radius; on a dime and good for u turns and tight spot. Not significant problems in 100000 mi. Still operating on original front brake pads; changed rears @ 90k. It's hauled a lot from TX to vacation home in ID without a problem. Will certainly be favorable to MB when time comes to replace."

Glad we leased it -- wouldn't buy it!

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Excellent lease program, safe family car"

Cons: "Worst control panel ever (nav/phone/CD)"

"What happened to German engineering? The backup camera on this car only works if the radio is on, the navigation-phone controls are SO non-intuitive and clunky you'd think it was designed by a pre-schooler. Purchase didn't include the free maintenance offered by other upscale manufacturers (BMW). Most comparable vehicles included features we paid extra for. Rides okay, a bit boat-like. Feels safe and solid. Back wiper fluid is inefficent. Like the Bluetec (diesel) option, which is the main reason we went for this car. Handles okay in snow and has good clearance. No heat or vents in rear of vehicle for pets."

Best SUV

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "great all around vehicle"

Cons: "Not crazy about transmission shifter at first"

"Before the ML500 I had a BMW X5 4.4 and the ML blows it away. It out handles and rides like you are on a cloud. Better looking vehicle too, and much better MPG with 7 speed auto transmission."