2010 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 209 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Love this SUV!

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Especially great for long drives."

"This was a great buy for me. I have enjoyed this vehicle tremendously. It is so comfortable to drive and ride in. I definitely want to be a ML or GL driver the rest of my days!"

Drives like a sports car,luxury & safety of an SUV

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "Drives like a sports car,luxury & safety of an SUV"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance after warranty..."

"This is one of the nicest vehicles that we have ever owned. It drives beautifully, power when you need it, very maneuverable for an SUV. Has that "I'm solid, stick to the road" feeling when driven, extremely comfortable, maintains that new car feeling and drivability, even at our current mileage 0f 75,000. There is definitely something to be said for "German engineering". It is more expensive to maintain than your common SUV, but we have had a GREAT "owner's experience". We are looking to trade this one in purchase another one in the near future."

Great vechicle

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

"Diesel mileage is terrific. Price of diesel is not. Turbo engine is fantastic. Super traction in snow. Highly recommend this vehicle."

ML 320 CDI - great car, but expensive to maintain

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Powerful and quiet. Exudes confidence on the road."

Cons: "Expensive to maintain."

"I've had this car for 8 years now. I absolutely love it. Aside from the stalk and NAV issues (which are correct, but you adapt) the car is well designed and exudes a solid and stable feel. I drive it up I 70 from Denver to go skiing 40 to 50 times a season and it eats up the inclines and mountain passes with it's twin turbo V6. The car is comfortable for four people and their day ski items. I have a Thule roof box for extended trips to Telluride, Aspen or Steamboat. The car is quiet and powerful. Never been stuck or had the engine not start even in -20F temps. The downside is that it is expensive to maintain, especially off warranty. I track expenses very carefully. I've spent $17,800 in 8 years on direct mx. That works out to $2,250 per year. That's for scheduled and unscheduled mx. The car also eats tires. I have gone through 4 sets in 120,000 miles at a cost of another $5,000 (19" wheels and 2 sets Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow and 2 sets Continental Contact. BTW I find these tires to be a perfect fit with this car). If you can afford the mx then you will not be disappointed with the power and solid feel of the ML 320CDI. Also note that the 2007 and 2008 were the only two years that MB did not use Blue-Tec (Urea) to reduce emmissions. The Blue tec has it's own tank and needs to be replaced every 10k miles, which will add to mx expense. I have never failed an emmissions test in CO with the 2007 and it does not exhibit any smoke, nor 'diesel' noise. The only way you know you are in a diesel is when you hit the 'gas' and are thrust forward under the twin turbo's 398 ft pnds of torque. I've averaged 30 MPG and get a little over 600 miles per tank. I'd buy one again, but I'd also buy an extended warranty with the purchase."

Top in its category

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"The ML500 W164 has been a great vehicle, before I bought I compared with X5 V8/ Range Rover Sport and I'm very glad I went for it, its superior in reliability to the other 2 above that are known for problems after problems and very expensive maintanance. This one has all the space I need, enough HP (302) it's seemless how nice it shifts, it cruises on the road in comfort luxury and safety and the looks are better as well comparing ML500 with the other 2 with same year, all I do is an oil change every 10000 miles, tires rotation, and a few light bulbs. Superior quality and reliability."

I Love this SUV

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I'm the 2nd owner of this ML320 Diesel. I purchased it with 48,000 miles -and I will own it when it has 248,000 miles. Runs like a well oiled machine -25 mpg -like riding on a cloud! If you offered me a new one for no additional dollar difference -I wouldn't give you my 08 ML320. I LOVE IT!!!!!!"

nice car but costs a fortune to service

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "quiet ride, handles nicely"

Cons: "$$$$ Service, Poor Nav/Ent system, too many stalks"

"our first and last Mercedes benz car. Have come to dread even routine service appointments. Cheapest one has been $250 with the latest almost $2,500. Really do not like the automatic shift design. It is a stalk on the steering column you push down for D and UP for R. Very counter intuitive after decades of driving and always pulling down for any gear. Had no idea how to get car in neutral for car washes etc. After three years still confuse cruise control stalk for directional. Way to many stalks on steering column. Nav/Ent is a beast to use like the style and cosmetics of the car and it rides SUPER quiet, but not a good value at all based on service costs."

I love this car.

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

"I've had my 2006 ML350 since it came off the showroom floor. It still sounds and looks brand new. It's comfortable and easy to drive."

Black 2006 6500 mi sun roof amg weeks tan interor

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"Ph 7273263930 W"

excellent vehicle

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

"The best car O have driven"

buyer beware

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful and comfortable"

Cons: "Too expensive to maintain and own."

"Have owned this car 3+ years. Long list of design problems - faulty rear electrical harness (required constant repair/replacement), documented steering rack problems, documented door lock problems, documented drive-shaft harmonic-balance problems, documented fact computers located under front and rear seats & if liquid spilled on seat can short computer and disable car immediately (no water shielding). Add to this the high cost of parts and repairs and the car is a beautiful statue. Requires 9 quarts full synthetic oil so oil changes expensive. These problems are all documented for the 2006 model year of the ML500."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Looks and Drives Great"

Cons: "Priced Higher Than Other SUVs in this size"

"I love this car. From the day I drove it off the lot, I have loved the ML-350 and the way it drives as well as the great style."

25k in repairs since warranty expired 160k miles

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "drives great interior flawless even after 7 years"

Cons: "25k in repairs after warranty expired"

"25k in repairs since warranty expired 160k miles"

This is a fantastic car for the snow, power, etc

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

"Plenty of power with the 7 speed trans going up the mountain with a full load."

Love my car!!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "4Matic, Cargo Space, Passenger leg room"

Cons: "Gas mileage - 18 city. Not bad for SUV"

"I tend to only drive SUVs - after driving several different brands of SUVs I have decided I've found my favorite. It's extremely reliable, comfortable and has plenty of room for my family. We live in the Northwest where we get a good amount of snow in the winter and I've never even had to put snow tires on my ML. Amazing vehicle! My mother loved my car so much she went out and bought a grey one."

2010 ml mersedes

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "got the we bad package"

Cons: "my ex know what it look an where it park."

"this car good. it real good for everthing.i like it good as it be. get you one."

Good Concept - pretty sloppy execution

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "good comfort, nice ride, AWD is a bless"

Cons: "mechanically unreliable, expensive on the road"

"One may be surprised by the title, but here are my reasons why I am stating that: * NOTE * this is for the ML320 CDI models up to 2009 - Let me start by saying that I have never had a vehicle to be so costly in repairs. And when I am talking repairs, I am talking about design and manufacturing issues, which should have been called lemon issues to begin with. For starters, I had to replace front differential at only 50k miles; all the struts and shocks failed at 65k miles; oil cooler had to be changed at 70k; Timing belt, manifold gaskets, one computer (out of many) and I can continue the list on and on and on ... Overall is a bad design from the start. Why? Well all the parts that had to be replaced were "upgraded" by Mercedes with supposedly better quality materials. Why has this not been done from the beginning ? Because this is were they make the money - "stealership". Overall - is a nice car, a pleasure to drive and real comfortable - when it works."

BEST VEHICLE HANDS DOWN!!!!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "nice to drive, comfort and best features"

Cons: "gas mileage at times in the city"

"Great vehicle to drive. Smooth as you can get for am Suv. Handles well on curves with power. Wouldnt go back to any other brand than Mercedes."

The worst purchase ever !!! I bought a NEW LEMON!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I Purchased this car in 2006 brand new with 10 miles, it was my dream car , I thought. within 6 months on Christmas night, the transmission went out, thank god it was under warranty, then a year later the power steering went out, again thank god , it was still under warranty . I started to wonder if I should trade it in. but I really loved my car and felt like all the kinks was out. Well , the A/C vents broke, power seats stop working, had message about the airbags not working , took it to the dealer and all this was not covered with my warranty. spent over $3500. to fix all . the next year the radiator went out , $2,000. the power driver window button snapped off, and the lights needed to be changed , which I have had to do every year. I can't understand why the light bulds don't last because apparentely there is a back up bulds. spent $450 just to change 2 parking lights/fog lights/ 2 back lights. now we are in 2014 , the timming chain broke , $6,000 to fix !!! can't do it !! I will put on craig's list an hope I can get a decent amount for it. I can't even get $6,000 from the dealer to trade in , they offered $5,000. the worst purchase of my life !!! never again will I buy a MERCEDES BENZ !!!"

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Best all around vehicle I have owned"

"Bought the BluTec after owning a 2006 4matic, which I still own. The 2006 was a good car, but wanted navigation and Bluetooth and diesel engine. I am extremely happy with this SUV. I was concerned after researching the navigation and it was not easy to learn, but it is great after learning. The vehicle is MUCH less noisy than expected, I have three other diesel vehicles. This car may last a lifetime, my spouse is still driving the 2006 in CA and it may last a lifetime."

German engineering at it's best!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Cons: "Lack of knowledge of repair by dealer."

"Expensive to purchase but payback in economy. Per hour rate to repair this ML at $117.00 per hour is out of range for most families."

Best riding vehicle on highway or in town

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle and worth every dollar"

"I was hesitant to put that much money in a new vehicle however I had never owned a Mercedes. My 8 year Mercedes experience has been absolutely great. I will do the same thing again."

Love My Car

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Quality, Reliability, Holds it value, Comfort"

Cons: "MPG"

"I have had a Lexus, Infiniti and now the MB. The Infiniti was cooler looking, but did not ride as well; the Lexus may have had a better ride, but poor reliability (the oil "gelled" up twice and the engine blew at 101,000 miles). I have had my MB for over 3 years with absolutely no problems. It drives well (it is an SUV, so not always the smoothest ride) and looks like it did when I took it off the lot. The cons are the cons that are typical of all SUVs - mpg and a little like a truck ride."

great vehicle that is rock solid

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "ride, quality, noise, durability"

Cons: "cargo area, cupholders, small storage areas"

"Awesome vehicle. Second one I have owned. These vehicles truly are rock solid. Great ride for an AWD SUV. Quality is fabulous. There is a reason older people drive Mercedes...because they have driven all the others."

Stylish ride

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Design"

Cons: "Expensive to repair..."

"This is the second ML350 (first was an ML320)...and was relatively satisfied with both. Really liked the floor shifter on the 2002...column shift is adequate...but floor shifter was much more sporty. The 2002 has some AMG components...2006 was basic. I am (husband) is inheritating the 2006 when I give our granddaughter my 2009 Honda Accord. One thing...both ML's were fairly reliable. My wife is getting a 2014 Acura MDX...had enough MBs."