• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 205 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Love my car!!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "4Matic, Cargo Space, Passenger leg room"

Cons: "Gas mileage - 18 city. Not bad for SUV"

"I tend to only drive SUVs - after driving several different brands of SUVs I have decided I've found my favorite. It's extremely reliable, comfortable and has plenty of room for my family. We live in the Northwest where we get a good amount of snow in the winter and I've never even had to put snow tires on my ML. Amazing vehicle! My mother loved my car so much she went out and bought a grey one."

2010 ml mersedes

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "got the we bad package"

Cons: "my ex know what it look an where it park."

"this car good. it real good for everthing.i like it good as it be. get you one."

Good Concept - pretty sloppy execution

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "good comfort, nice ride, AWD is a bless"

Cons: "mechanically unreliable, expensive on the road"

"One may be surprised by the title, but here are my reasons why I am stating that: * NOTE * this is for the ML320 CDI models up to 2009 - Let me start by saying that I have never had a vehicle to be so costly in repairs. And when I am talking repairs, I am talking about design and manufacturing issues, which should have been called lemon issues to begin with. For starters, I had to replace front differential at only 50k miles; all the struts and shocks failed at 65k miles; oil cooler had to be changed at 70k; Timing belt, manifold gaskets, one computer (out of many) and I can continue the list on and on and on ... Overall is a bad design from the start. Why? Well all the parts that had to be replaced were "upgraded" by Mercedes with supposedly better quality materials. Why has this not been done from the beginning ? Because this is were they make the money - "stealership". Overall - is a nice car, a pleasure to drive and real comfortable - when it works."

BEST VEHICLE HANDS DOWN!!!!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "nice to drive, comfort and best features"

Cons: "gas mileage at times in the city"

"Great vehicle to drive. Smooth as you can get for am Suv. Handles well on curves with power. Wouldnt go back to any other brand than Mercedes."

The worst purchase ever !!! I bought a NEW LEMON!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I Purchased this car in 2006 brand new with 10 miles, it was my dream car , I thought. within 6 months on Christmas night, the transmission went out, thank god it was under warranty, then a year later the power steering went out, again thank god , it was still under warranty . I started to wonder if I should trade it in. but I really loved my car and felt like all the kinks was out. Well , the A/C vents broke, power seats stop working, had message about the airbags not working , took it to the dealer and all this was not covered with my warranty. spent over $3500. to fix all . the next year the radiator went out , $2,000. the power driver window button snapped off, and the lights needed to be changed , which I have had to do every year. I can't understand why the light bulds don't last because apparentely there is a back up bulds. spent $450 just to change 2 parking lights/fog lights/ 2 back lights. now we are in 2014 , the timming chain broke , $6,000 to fix !!! can't do it !! I will put on craig's list an hope I can get a decent amount for it. I can't even get $6,000 from the dealer to trade in , they offered $5,000. the worst purchase of my life !!! never again will I buy a MERCEDES BENZ !!!"

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Best all around vehicle I have owned"

"Bought the BluTec after owning a 2006 4matic, which I still own. The 2006 was a good car, but wanted navigation and Bluetooth and diesel engine. I am extremely happy with this SUV. I was concerned after researching the navigation and it was not easy to learn, but it is great after learning. The vehicle is MUCH less noisy than expected, I have three other diesel vehicles. This car may last a lifetime, my spouse is still driving the 2006 in CA and it may last a lifetime."

German engineering at it's best!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Cons: "Lack of knowledge of repair by dealer."

"Expensive to purchase but payback in economy. Per hour rate to repair this ML at $117.00 per hour is out of range for most families."

Best riding vehicle on highway or in town

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle and worth every dollar"

"I was hesitant to put that much money in a new vehicle however I had never owned a Mercedes. My 8 year Mercedes experience has been absolutely great. I will do the same thing again."

Love My Car

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Quality, Reliability, Holds it value, Comfort"

Cons: "MPG"

"I have had a Lexus, Infiniti and now the MB. The Infiniti was cooler looking, but did not ride as well; the Lexus may have had a better ride, but poor reliability (the oil "gelled" up twice and the engine blew at 101,000 miles). I have had my MB for over 3 years with absolutely no problems. It drives well (it is an SUV, so not always the smoothest ride) and looks like it did when I took it off the lot. The cons are the cons that are typical of all SUVs - mpg and a little like a truck ride."

great vehicle that is rock solid

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "ride, quality, noise, durability"

Cons: "cargo area, cupholders, small storage areas"

"Awesome vehicle. Second one I have owned. These vehicles truly are rock solid. Great ride for an AWD SUV. Quality is fabulous. There is a reason older people drive Mercedes...because they have driven all the others."