2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 209 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Love this SUV!

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Especially great for long drives."

"This was a great buy for me. I have enjoyed this vehicle tremendously. It is so comfortable to drive and ride in. I definitely want to be a ML or GL driver the rest of my days!"

Drives like a sports car,luxury & safety of an SUV

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "Drives like a sports car,luxury & safety of an SUV"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance after warranty..."

"This is one of the nicest vehicles that we have ever owned. It drives beautifully, power when you need it, very maneuverable for an SUV. Has that "I'm solid, stick to the road" feeling when driven, extremely comfortable, maintains that new car feeling and drivability, even at our current mileage 0f 75,000. There is definitely something to be said for "German engineering". It is more expensive to maintain than your common SUV, but we have had a GREAT "owner's experience". We are looking to trade this one in purchase another one in the near future."

Great vechicle

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

"Diesel mileage is terrific. Price of diesel is not. Turbo engine is fantastic. Super traction in snow. Highly recommend this vehicle."

ML 320 CDI - great car, but expensive to maintain

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Powerful and quiet. Exudes confidence on the road."

Cons: "Expensive to maintain."

"I've had this car for 8 years now. I absolutely love it. Aside from the stalk and NAV issues (which are correct, but you adapt) the car is well designed and exudes a solid and stable feel. I drive it up I 70 from Denver to go skiing 40 to 50 times a season and it eats up the inclines and mountain passes with it's twin turbo V6. The car is comfortable for four people and their day ski items. I have a Thule roof box for extended trips to Telluride, Aspen or Steamboat. The car is quiet and powerful. Never been stuck or had the engine not start even in -20F temps. The downside is that it is expensive to maintain, especially off warranty. I track expenses very carefully. I've spent $17,800 in 8 years on direct mx. That works out to $2,250 per year. That's for scheduled and unscheduled mx. The car also eats tires. I have gone through 4 sets in 120,000 miles at a cost of another $5,000 (19" wheels and 2 sets Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow and 2 sets Continental Contact. BTW I find these tires to be a perfect fit with this car). If you can afford the mx then you will not be disappointed with the power and solid feel of the ML 320CDI. Also note that the 2007 and 2008 were the only two years that MB did not use Blue-Tec (Urea) to reduce emmissions. The Blue tec has it's own tank and needs to be replaced every 10k miles, which will add to mx expense. I have never failed an emmissions test in CO with the 2007 and it does not exhibit any smoke, nor 'diesel' noise. The only way you know you are in a diesel is when you hit the 'gas' and are thrust forward under the twin turbo's 398 ft pnds of torque. I've averaged 30 MPG and get a little over 600 miles per tank. I'd buy one again, but I'd also buy an extended warranty with the purchase."

Top in its category

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"The ML500 W164 has been a great vehicle, before I bought I compared with X5 V8/ Range Rover Sport and I'm very glad I went for it, its superior in reliability to the other 2 above that are known for problems after problems and very expensive maintanance. This one has all the space I need, enough HP (302) it's seemless how nice it shifts, it cruises on the road in comfort luxury and safety and the looks are better as well comparing ML500 with the other 2 with same year, all I do is an oil change every 10000 miles, tires rotation, and a few light bulbs. Superior quality and reliability."