2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 209 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

ML-350 Balance Shaft Problem

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "Good to drive"

Cons: "Maintenance nightmare -"

"This car was a maintenance nightmare - new engine at 15K, transmission problems at 80K, electrical problems - all the time, and finally the Balance Shaft problem - $6300 repair for a known defect that MB knew about. Will never buy another MB product. Have gone to Lexus. Beware of MB, quality is no longer inherent in the name. search ml250 balance shaft --- lots of problems from people"

Long time Benz onwner rates his 2008 ML320 CDI

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Great engine technology, power, economy, style,"

Cons: "wish mine had memory seat"

2008 ML 320 CDI

"I am a long time Mercedes-Benz owner for over 30 years. I worked for Mercedes-Benz in the South-East. I bought my Ml320 CDI in 2008 and from day one, I use it like a truck. I do take care of it, and when something breaks, I see my mechanic immediately. Having said that, the key to happy ownership of a modern Mercedes-Benz is to have the right expectations of it going in. The Mercedes-Benz line-up has always been over-engineered from the start, and you can put a million miles on one, but none of them will get there if you don't do maintenance. So If you expect to drive for 5 years ad at the end you have only serviced it 2-3 times and changed the oil every 15000, is like feeding your child double cheese burgers very day till he is grown. neither of them are going to be happy with the outcome. so, Change the oil frequently, when something breaks, get it fixed, buy good fuel, keep it clean, and it will certainly take care of you.. in 102000 miles I have had the turbo rebuilt @ 70k, changed a couple of serpentine belts, changed the oil @ 8000 and replaced the oil filter every 4. I plan to drive my Diesel Ml 320 cdi to about 300,000 miles before I surrender it. an when I do, I intend to replace it with another!! My first Benz diesel took me 275000 before vanity got in the way and it was nowhere near the car I have today. So again, If you save and scrimp your dollars to save up for your 1st Mercedes Benz, and your expectations are that it is so well engineered that it will never break, You may be one of the owners giving Mercedes a bad customer report. however if you buy it, take care of it and enjoy it until it need service and then service it, you might jus might end up happy with it like me! Hope this was helpful! Bentleys Antiques"

2008 ML 320 CDI

Great SUV especially on long drives

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle and not a monster"

"I really like it's turning radius; on a dime and good for u turns and tight spot. Not significant problems in 100000 mi. Still operating on original front brake pads; changed rears @ 90k. It's hauled a lot from TX to vacation home in ID without a problem. Will certainly be favorable to MB when time comes to replace."

Glad we leased it -- wouldn't buy it!

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Excellent lease program, safe family car"

Cons: "Worst control panel ever (nav/phone/CD)"

"What happened to German engineering? The backup camera on this car only works if the radio is on, the navigation-phone controls are SO non-intuitive and clunky you'd think it was designed by a pre-schooler. Purchase didn't include the free maintenance offered by other upscale manufacturers (BMW). Most comparable vehicles included features we paid extra for. Rides okay, a bit boat-like. Feels safe and solid. Back wiper fluid is inefficent. Like the Bluetec (diesel) option, which is the main reason we went for this car. Handles okay in snow and has good clearance. No heat or vents in rear of vehicle for pets."

Best SUV

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "great all around vehicle"

Cons: "Not crazy about transmission shifter at first"

"Before the ML500 I had a BMW X5 4.4 and the ML blows it away. It out handles and rides like you are on a cloud. Better looking vehicle too, and much better MPG with 7 speed auto transmission."