2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

The worst purchase ever !!! I bought a NEW LEMON!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I Purchased this car in 2006 brand new with 10 miles, it was my dream car , I thought. within 6 months on Christmas night, the transmission went out, thank god it was under warranty, then a year later the power steering went out, again thank god , it was still under warranty . I started to wonder if I should trade it in. but I really loved my car and felt like all the kinks was out. Well , the A/C vents broke, power seats stop working, had message about the airbags not working , took it to the dealer and all this was not covered with my warranty. spent over $3500. to fix all . the next year the radiator went out , $2,000. the power driver window button snapped off, and the lights needed to be changed , which I have had to do every year. I can't understand why the light bulds don't last because apparentely there is a back up bulds. spent $450 just to change 2 parking lights/fog lights/ 2 back lights. now we are in 2014 , the timming chain broke , $6,000 to fix !!! can't do it !! I will put on craig's list an hope I can get a decent amount for it. I can't even get $6,000 from the dealer to trade in , they offered $5,000. the worst purchase of my life !!! never again will I buy a MERCEDES BENZ !!!"

ML-350 Balance Shaft Problem

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "Good to drive"

Cons: "Maintenance nightmare -"

"This car was a maintenance nightmare - new engine at 15K, transmission problems at 80K, electrical problems - all the time, and finally the Balance Shaft problem - $6300 repair for a known defect that MB knew about. Will never buy another MB product. Have gone to Lexus. Beware of MB, quality is no longer inherent in the name. search ml250 balance shaft --- lots of problems from people"

Glad we leased it -- wouldn't buy it!

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Excellent lease program, safe family car"

Cons: "Worst control panel ever (nav/phone/CD)"

"What happened to German engineering? The backup camera on this car only works if the radio is on, the navigation-phone controls are SO non-intuitive and clunky you'd think it was designed by a pre-schooler. Purchase didn't include the free maintenance offered by other upscale manufacturers (BMW). Most comparable vehicles included features we paid extra for. Rides okay, a bit boat-like. Feels safe and solid. Back wiper fluid is inefficent. Like the Bluetec (diesel) option, which is the main reason we went for this car. Handles okay in snow and has good clearance. No heat or vents in rear of vehicle for pets."

Will Always own a Mercedes ML

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Solid, drives like a dream for a big SUV"

Cons: "2008 had DVD based Navi"

"Have owned vehicles by Volkswagen, Volvo, and Mercedes. This is by far the best vehicle I have owned yet. Bought it new, and it will only get replaced by another new one. Only thing i did not like was that in 2008 the Nav was DVD based. that has been replaced with real time sat Nav so other than that annoying quirk, it has been a dream to own. I bought the Mercedes wrap warranty to 100K with no deductible thinking that once out of warranty it would be tons of dough to fix but it has never ever needed any repair ever. Nothing like a good Benz."

shoulda kept the van

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"in the 3 yrs owning it, spent 6000 dollars in maintainence and repairs. have done everything required. 3 batteries in the first yr. transmission stuff in March10 and now valve body, so this yr alone $5000. buy the extended warranty. sorry i didn't. looking to sell it and get a van."

WOW!

By on Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"My second ML ( Previous 02 ML 320). Many improvements since then. The '11 ML-350, BlueTec is an outstanding SUV. Very responsive while driving. Averaged 28.5 mpg combined driving (Got over 30 mpg on highway driving). ML-350, BlueTech is lighter than my previous ML and is a little shorter in heigth and a little longer. Very comfortable riding. The NAV System shows where ULSD Diesel Stations are located. Some excellent safety features- If you open the drivers door, transmission will go into park (P) when engine is running. Great SUV!"

THREE ROWS OF SEATS, TOWS MY RACE CAR, 27mpg HWY

By on Thursday, June 30, 2016

Pros: "fun, fast, great diesel mileage, tows well, roomy"

Cons: "expensive parts if something goes wrong"

"Luxurious, elegant, powerful, classy. Fits family of 5 and two small dogs. Hauls a trailer and race car. Drives like a dream! Covers 700mi on a single tank of gas… What's not to like? Expensive repairs and parts. STILL….I LOVE THIS CAR!"

BEST VEHICLE HANDS DOWN!!!!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "nice to drive, comfort and best features"

Cons: "gas mileage at times in the city"

"Great vehicle to drive. Smooth as you can get for am Suv. Handles well on curves with power. Wouldnt go back to any other brand than Mercedes."

exceptional drive- quiet suv

By on Saturday, January 9, 2010

"I have had alot of SUV's, this drives better than most cars. Pobably the most quiet SUV available. There is no road noise, or exterior noise at all. I drive 30K+ miles a year (so far have 90K+ on this ride), and still drives the same as the day I got it. Also has tremendous fuel economy. Most of my miles are highway- easily averaging 23+, and even 20+ in the city. You are paying for a quality vehicle- not just a Mercedes emblem. It has exceeding my expectations. SUV convience in a car like ride."

What a Truck!

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Exceptional comfort, lots of power compared to the older ML series, fast starting diesel even in cold weather, fuel mileage in the upper 20's at highway speeds, a little confusing on the NAV and display screens, 7 speed shifts smoothly, rear view screen too low as are the cornering headlights."