• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Love My Car

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Quality, Reliability, Holds it value, Comfort"

Cons: "MPG"

"I have had a Lexus, Infiniti and now the MB. The Infiniti was cooler looking, but did not ride as well; the Lexus may have had a better ride, but poor reliability (the oil "gelled" up twice and the engine blew at 101,000 miles). I have had my MB for over 3 years with absolutely no problems. It drives well (it is an SUV, so not always the smoothest ride) and looks like it did when I took it off the lot. The cons are the cons that are typical of all SUVs - mpg and a little like a truck ride."

great vehicle that is rock solid

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "ride, quality, noise, durability"

Cons: "cargo area, cupholders, small storage areas"

"Awesome vehicle. Second one I have owned. These vehicles truly are rock solid. Great ride for an AWD SUV. Quality is fabulous. There is a reason older people drive Mercedes...because they have driven all the others."

Stylish ride

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Design"

Cons: "Expensive to repair..."

"This is the second ML350 (first was an ML320)...and was relatively satisfied with both. Really liked the floor shifter on the 2002...column shift is adequate...but floor shifter was much more sporty. The 2002 has some AMG components...2006 was basic. I am (husband) is inheritating the 2006 when I give our granddaughter my 2009 Honda Accord. One thing...both ML's were fairly reliable. My wife is getting a 2014 Acura MDX...had enough MBs."

Hasn't been good so far...

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Nice styling, love the torque and 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "reliability is my biggest concern"

"I bought this car used, so I don't know it's history. I've had it for 6 weeks, and had it at the dealership being repaired for almost 4 weeks. It seems complex and hard to repair even for MB dealer. Had to involve MB techs to solve problems. And then, the extended warranty - that's even a different problem. I'll see if I keep it now that I have it out of the shop. Has some great features - love the diesel. We'll see if I get to use them."

Long time Benz onwner rates his 2008 ML320 CDI

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Great engine technology, power, economy, style,"

Cons: "wish mine had memory seat"

2008 ML 320 CDI

"I am a long time Mercedes-Benz owner for over 30 years. I worked for Mercedes-Benz in the South-East. I bought my Ml320 CDI in 2008 and from day one, I use it like a truck. I do take care of it, and when something breaks, I see my mechanic immediately. Having said that, the key to happy ownership of a modern Mercedes-Benz is to have the right expectations of it going in. The Mercedes-Benz line-up has always been over-engineered from the start, and you can put a million miles on one, but none of them will get there if you don't do maintenance. So If you expect to drive for 5 years ad at the end you have only serviced it 2-3 times and changed the oil every 15000, is like feeding your child double cheese burgers very day till he is grown. neither of them are going to be happy with the outcome. so, Change the oil frequently, when something breaks, get it fixed, buy good fuel, keep it clean, and it will certainly take care of you.. in 102000 miles I have had the turbo rebuilt @ 70k, changed a couple of serpentine belts, changed the oil @ 8000 and replaced the oil filter every 4. I plan to drive my Diesel Ml 320 cdi to about 300,000 miles before I surrender it. an when I do, I intend to replace it with another!! My first Benz diesel took me 275000 before vanity got in the way and it was nowhere near the car I have today. So again, If you save and scrimp your dollars to save up for your 1st Mercedes Benz, and your expectations are that it is so well engineered that it will never break, You may be one of the owners giving Mercedes a bad customer report. however if you buy it, take care of it and enjoy it until it need service and then service it, you might jus might end up happy with it like me! Hope this was helpful! Bentleys Antiques"

2008 ML 320 CDI