2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

The worst purchase ever !!! I bought a NEW LEMON!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I Purchased this car in 2006 brand new with 10 miles, it was my dream car , I thought. within 6 months on Christmas night, the transmission went out, thank god it was under warranty, then a year later the power steering went out, again thank god , it was still under warranty . I started to wonder if I should trade it in. but I really loved my car and felt like all the kinks was out. Well , the A/C vents broke, power seats stop working, had message about the airbags not working , took it to the dealer and all this was not covered with my warranty. spent over $3500. to fix all . the next year the radiator went out , $2,000. the power driver window button snapped off, and the lights needed to be changed , which I have had to do every year. I can't understand why the light bulds don't last because apparentely there is a back up bulds. spent $450 just to change 2 parking lights/fog lights/ 2 back lights. now we are in 2014 , the timming chain broke , $6,000 to fix !!! can't do it !! I will put on craig's list an hope I can get a decent amount for it. I can't even get $6,000 from the dealer to trade in , they offered $5,000. the worst purchase of my life !!! never again will I buy a MERCEDES BENZ !!!"

ML-350 Balance Shaft Problem

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "Good to drive"

Cons: "Maintenance nightmare -"

"This car was a maintenance nightmare - new engine at 15K, transmission problems at 80K, electrical problems - all the time, and finally the Balance Shaft problem - $6300 repair for a known defect that MB knew about. Will never buy another MB product. Have gone to Lexus. Beware of MB, quality is no longer inherent in the name. search ml250 balance shaft --- lots of problems from people"

Great SUV especially on long drives

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle and not a monster"

"I really like it's turning radius; on a dime and good for u turns and tight spot. Not significant problems in 100000 mi. Still operating on original front brake pads; changed rears @ 90k. It's hauled a lot from TX to vacation home in ID without a problem. Will certainly be favorable to MB when time comes to replace."

Glad we leased it -- wouldn't buy it!

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Excellent lease program, safe family car"

Cons: "Worst control panel ever (nav/phone/CD)"

"What happened to German engineering? The backup camera on this car only works if the radio is on, the navigation-phone controls are SO non-intuitive and clunky you'd think it was designed by a pre-schooler. Purchase didn't include the free maintenance offered by other upscale manufacturers (BMW). Most comparable vehicles included features we paid extra for. Rides okay, a bit boat-like. Feels safe and solid. Back wiper fluid is inefficent. Like the Bluetec (diesel) option, which is the main reason we went for this car. Handles okay in snow and has good clearance. No heat or vents in rear of vehicle for pets."

Best SUV

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "great all around vehicle"

Cons: "Not crazy about transmission shifter at first"

"Before the ML500 I had a BMW X5 4.4 and the ML blows it away. It out handles and rides like you are on a cloud. Better looking vehicle too, and much better MPG with 7 speed auto transmission."

Will Always own a Mercedes ML

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Solid, drives like a dream for a big SUV"

Cons: "2008 had DVD based Navi"

"Have owned vehicles by Volkswagen, Volvo, and Mercedes. This is by far the best vehicle I have owned yet. Bought it new, and it will only get replaced by another new one. Only thing i did not like was that in 2008 the Nav was DVD based. that has been replaced with real time sat Nav so other than that annoying quirk, it has been a dream to own. I bought the Mercedes wrap warranty to 100K with no deductible thinking that once out of warranty it would be tons of dough to fix but it has never ever needed any repair ever. Nothing like a good Benz."

WOW!

By on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"My second ML ( Previous 02 ML 320). Many improvements since then. The '11 ML-350, BlueTec is an outstanding SUV. Very responsive while driving. Averaged 28.5 mpg combined driving (Got over 30 mpg on highway driving). ML-350, BlueTech is lighter than my previous ML and is a little shorter in heigth and a little longer. Very comfortable riding. The NAV System shows where ULSD Diesel Stations are located. Some excellent safety features- If you open the drivers door, transmission will go into park (P) when engine is running. Great SUV!"

Several problems

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"I have owned this car for 4 years. The car has had always problems since I bought it in 2006. After 50.000 the transmission went, at 55000 the power sterring!!!! The computer onboard gives several errors expecially with tail lights, a nightmare. I love the car, look great, rides well but unfortunatly the problems that comes with it is not worthed."

shoulda kept the van

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"in the 3 yrs owning it, spent 6000 dollars in maintainence and repairs. have done everything required. 3 batteries in the first yr. transmission stuff in March10 and now valve body, so this yr alone $5000. buy the extended warranty. sorry i didn't. looking to sell it and get a van."

exceptional drive- quiet suv

By on Saturday, January 09, 2010

"I have had alot of SUV's, this drives better than most cars. Pobably the most quiet SUV available. There is no road noise, or exterior noise at all. I drive 30K+ miles a year (so far have 90K+ on this ride), and still drives the same as the day I got it. Also has tremendous fuel economy. Most of my miles are highway- easily averaging 23+, and even 20+ in the city. You are paying for a quality vehicle- not just a Mercedes emblem. It has exceeding my expectations. SUV convience in a car like ride."

What a Truck!

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Exceptional comfort, lots of power compared to the older ML series, fast starting diesel even in cold weather, fuel mileage in the upper 20's at highway speeds, a little confusing on the NAV and display screens, 7 speed shifts smoothly, rear view screen too low as are the cornering headlights."

Only Slightly disappointed

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Annoying little transmission clunking at low speeds, and annoying little sounds when using manual shifter. Otherwise, wonderful vehicle."

BEST VEHICLE HANDS DOWN!!!!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "nice to drive, comfort and best features"

Cons: "gas mileage at times in the city"

"Great vehicle to drive. Smooth as you can get for am Suv. Handles well on curves with power. Wouldnt go back to any other brand than Mercedes."

Best riding vehicle on highway or in town

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle and worth every dollar"

"I was hesitant to put that much money in a new vehicle however I had never owned a Mercedes. My 8 year Mercedes experience has been absolutely great. I will do the same thing again."

Hasn't been good so far...

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Nice styling, love the torque and 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "reliability is my biggest concern"

"I bought this car used, so I don't know it's history. I've had it for 6 weeks, and had it at the dealership being repaired for almost 4 weeks. It seems complex and hard to repair even for MB dealer. Had to involve MB techs to solve problems. And then, the extended warranty - that's even a different problem. I'll see if I keep it now that I have it out of the shop. Has some great features - love the diesel. We'll see if I get to use them."

Really am impressed!

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Styling, ride, performance, comfort, prestige"

Cons: "bluetooth phone unreliable"

"Traded my SL550 for the ML350 and although it has a (very) few shortcomings, I LOVE the car. I feel it is the best MB I have ever owned and driven and I have owned MBs since 1971. I'd buy another one as soon as this one is out of warranty (135K)!"

I love this ride!

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "easy to drive, smooth ride, low maintenance"

Cons: "bluetooth isn't that great, it;s difficult for people to hear me"

"It is sharp, roomy, everything works well although the blue tooth can be improved a bit. I love driving this car! Love, love, love it!"

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Best SUV we've ever owned. Just the right size for carrying children, groceries, shopping, trips and parking! Comfortable seating and smooth ride. We love our ML 350."

Best car ever

By on Saturday, June 06, 2009

"This car is a very reliable car would recomend :)"

Class act vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"I have owned the 350 since July of 05 (2006 model) and LOVE it. It is super comfortable for the long drives I do daily. Handles like a luxury car and the body style is best of all SUV's so far."

Best Luxury SUV

By on Monday, March 17, 2008

"My First car was the 98' ML430.....I was the coolest kid @ high school with the nav, great standard rims and great looks and curves of the car. I have stuck with the car, going through 7 of them now (Upgrading Purposes only) I've had the AMG version and just got an ML550. The upgrades are great. I have toyed with other luxury suv's, such as the X5 (hated it & sold it within 3 mos.) I had 2 Different Range Rover's, the first was plagued with mechanical problems, the second was wonderful, but they hold no value with consideration that one could cost you almost 95K. All things considered, I believe in the Mercedes Product above all."

By on Friday, November 02, 2007

"Great car. But not good on gas.."

Great Car/SUV

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"Air conditioning system superb. Driving and riding comfort are excellent. Ergonomics are great. Only issue, light floor coering gets dirtier faster than a black carpet would have. 26,000 miles on my ML 500."

LOVE THE POWER AND HANDELING

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "LOVE IT!! BETTER THAT MY LAST MERCEDES"

Cons: "NONE"

"BEST MERCEDES EVER"

I love the way this car drives

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "premium fuel"

"I have owned this car for two years and have greatly enjoyed driving it. It is as advertised"