2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 206 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

ML 320 CDI - great car, but expensive to maintain

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Powerful and quiet. Exudes confidence on the road."

Cons: "Expensive to maintain."

"I've had this car for 8 years now. I absolutely love it. Aside from the stalk and NAV issues (which are correct, but you adapt) the car is well designed and exudes a solid and stable feel. I drive it up I 70 from Denver to go skiing 40 to 50 times a season and it eats up the inclines and mountain passes with it's twin turbo V6. The car is comfortable for four people and their day ski items. I have a Thule roof box for extended trips to Telluride, Aspen or Steamboat. The car is quiet and powerful. Never been stuck or had the engine not start even in -20F temps. The downside is that it is expensive to maintain, especially off warranty. I track expenses very carefully. I've spent $17,800 in 8 years on direct mx. That works out to $2,250 per year. That's for scheduled and unscheduled mx. The car also eats tires. I have gone through 4 sets in 120,000 miles at a cost of another $5,000 (19" wheels and 2 sets Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow and 2 sets Continental Contact. BTW I find these tires to be a perfect fit with this car). If you can afford the mx then you will not be disappointed with the power and solid feel of the ML 320CDI. Also note that the 2007 and 2008 were the only two years that MB did not use Blue-Tec (Urea) to reduce emmissions. The Blue tec has it's own tank and needs to be replaced every 10k miles, which will add to mx expense. I have never failed an emmissions test in CO with the 2007 and it does not exhibit any smoke, nor 'diesel' noise. The only way you know you are in a diesel is when you hit the 'gas' and are thrust forward under the twin turbo's 398 ft pnds of torque. I've averaged 30 MPG and get a little over 600 miles per tank. I'd buy one again, but I'd also buy an extended warranty with the purchase."

Top in its category

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"The ML500 W164 has been a great vehicle, before I bought I compared with X5 V8/ Range Rover Sport and I'm very glad I went for it, its superior in reliability to the other 2 above that are known for problems after problems and very expensive maintanance. This one has all the space I need, enough HP (302) it's seemless how nice it shifts, it cruises on the road in comfort luxury and safety and the looks are better as well comparing ML500 with the other 2 with same year, all I do is an oil change every 10000 miles, tires rotation, and a few light bulbs. Superior quality and reliability."

I Love this SUV

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I'm the 2nd owner of this ML320 Diesel. I purchased it with 48,000 miles -and I will own it when it has 248,000 miles. Runs like a well oiled machine -25 mpg -like riding on a cloud! If you offered me a new one for no additional dollar difference -I wouldn't give you my 08 ML320. I LOVE IT!!!!!!"

nice car but costs a fortune to service

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "quiet ride, handles nicely"

Cons: "$$$$ Service, Poor Nav/Ent system, too many stalks"

"our first and last Mercedes benz car. Have come to dread even routine service appointments. Cheapest one has been $250 with the latest almost $2,500. Really do not like the automatic shift design. It is a stalk on the steering column you push down for D and UP for R. Very counter intuitive after decades of driving and always pulling down for any gear. Had no idea how to get car in neutral for car washes etc. After three years still confuse cruise control stalk for directional. Way to many stalks on steering column. Nav/Ent is a beast to use like the style and cosmetics of the car and it rides SUPER quiet, but not a good value at all based on service costs."

I love this car.

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

"I've had my 2006 ML350 since it came off the showroom floor. It still sounds and looks brand new. It's comfortable and easy to drive."

Black 2006 6500 mi sun roof amg weeks tan interor

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"Ph 7273263930 W"

excellent vehicle

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

"The best car O have driven"

buyer beware

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful and comfortable"

Cons: "Too expensive to maintain and own."

"Have owned this car 3+ years. Long list of design problems - faulty rear electrical harness (required constant repair/replacement), documented steering rack problems, documented door lock problems, documented drive-shaft harmonic-balance problems, documented fact computers located under front and rear seats & if liquid spilled on seat can short computer and disable car immediately (no water shielding). Add to this the high cost of parts and repairs and the car is a beautiful statue. Requires 9 quarts full synthetic oil so oil changes expensive. These problems are all documented for the 2006 model year of the ML500."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Looks and Drives Great"

Cons: "Priced Higher Than Other SUVs in this size"

"I love this car. From the day I drove it off the lot, I have loved the ML-350 and the way it drives as well as the great style."

25k in repairs since warranty expired 160k miles

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "drives great interior flawless even after 7 years"

Cons: "25k in repairs after warranty expired"

"25k in repairs since warranty expired 160k miles"

This is a fantastic car for the snow, power, etc

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

"Plenty of power with the 7 speed trans going up the mountain with a full load."

Love my car!!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "4Matic, Cargo Space, Passenger leg room"

Cons: "Gas mileage - 18 city. Not bad for SUV"

"I tend to only drive SUVs - after driving several different brands of SUVs I have decided I've found my favorite. It's extremely reliable, comfortable and has plenty of room for my family. We live in the Northwest where we get a good amount of snow in the winter and I've never even had to put snow tires on my ML. Amazing vehicle! My mother loved my car so much she went out and bought a grey one."

2010 ml mersedes

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "got the we bad package"

Cons: "my ex know what it look an where it park."

"this car good. it real good for everthing.i like it good as it be. get you one."

Good Concept - pretty sloppy execution

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "good comfort, nice ride, AWD is a bless"

Cons: "mechanically unreliable, expensive on the road"

"One may be surprised by the title, but here are my reasons why I am stating that: * NOTE * this is for the ML320 CDI models up to 2009 - Let me start by saying that I have never had a vehicle to be so costly in repairs. And when I am talking repairs, I am talking about design and manufacturing issues, which should have been called lemon issues to begin with. For starters, I had to replace front differential at only 50k miles; all the struts and shocks failed at 65k miles; oil cooler had to be changed at 70k; Timing belt, manifold gaskets, one computer (out of many) and I can continue the list on and on and on ... Overall is a bad design from the start. Why? Well all the parts that had to be replaced were "upgraded" by Mercedes with supposedly better quality materials. Why has this not been done from the beginning ? Because this is were they make the money - "stealership". Overall - is a nice car, a pleasure to drive and real comfortable - when it works."

BEST VEHICLE HANDS DOWN!!!!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "nice to drive, comfort and best features"

Cons: "gas mileage at times in the city"

"Great vehicle to drive. Smooth as you can get for am Suv. Handles well on curves with power. Wouldnt go back to any other brand than Mercedes."

The worst purchase ever !!! I bought a NEW LEMON!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I Purchased this car in 2006 brand new with 10 miles, it was my dream car , I thought. within 6 months on Christmas night, the transmission went out, thank god it was under warranty, then a year later the power steering went out, again thank god , it was still under warranty . I started to wonder if I should trade it in. but I really loved my car and felt like all the kinks was out. Well , the A/C vents broke, power seats stop working, had message about the airbags not working , took it to the dealer and all this was not covered with my warranty. spent over $3500. to fix all . the next year the radiator went out , $2,000. the power driver window button snapped off, and the lights needed to be changed , which I have had to do every year. I can't understand why the light bulds don't last because apparentely there is a back up bulds. spent $450 just to change 2 parking lights/fog lights/ 2 back lights. now we are in 2014 , the timming chain broke , $6,000 to fix !!! can't do it !! I will put on craig's list an hope I can get a decent amount for it. I can't even get $6,000 from the dealer to trade in , they offered $5,000. the worst purchase of my life !!! never again will I buy a MERCEDES BENZ !!!"

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Best all around vehicle I have owned"

"Bought the BluTec after owning a 2006 4matic, which I still own. The 2006 was a good car, but wanted navigation and Bluetooth and diesel engine. I am extremely happy with this SUV. I was concerned after researching the navigation and it was not easy to learn, but it is great after learning. The vehicle is MUCH less noisy than expected, I have three other diesel vehicles. This car may last a lifetime, my spouse is still driving the 2006 in CA and it may last a lifetime."

German engineering at it's best!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Cons: "Lack of knowledge of repair by dealer."

"Expensive to purchase but payback in economy. Per hour rate to repair this ML at $117.00 per hour is out of range for most families."

Best riding vehicle on highway or in town

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle and worth every dollar"

"I was hesitant to put that much money in a new vehicle however I had never owned a Mercedes. My 8 year Mercedes experience has been absolutely great. I will do the same thing again."

Love My Car

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Quality, Reliability, Holds it value, Comfort"

Cons: "MPG"

"I have had a Lexus, Infiniti and now the MB. The Infiniti was cooler looking, but did not ride as well; the Lexus may have had a better ride, but poor reliability (the oil "gelled" up twice and the engine blew at 101,000 miles). I have had my MB for over 3 years with absolutely no problems. It drives well (it is an SUV, so not always the smoothest ride) and looks like it did when I took it off the lot. The cons are the cons that are typical of all SUVs - mpg and a little like a truck ride."

great vehicle that is rock solid

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "ride, quality, noise, durability"

Cons: "cargo area, cupholders, small storage areas"

"Awesome vehicle. Second one I have owned. These vehicles truly are rock solid. Great ride for an AWD SUV. Quality is fabulous. There is a reason older people drive Mercedes...because they have driven all the others."

Stylish ride

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Design"

Cons: "Expensive to repair..."

"This is the second ML350 (first was an ML320)...and was relatively satisfied with both. Really liked the floor shifter on the 2002...column shift is adequate...but floor shifter was much more sporty. The 2002 has some AMG components...2006 was basic. I am (husband) is inheritating the 2006 when I give our granddaughter my 2009 Honda Accord. One thing...both ML's were fairly reliable. My wife is getting a 2014 Acura MDX...had enough MBs."

Hasn't been good so far...

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Nice styling, love the torque and 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "reliability is my biggest concern"

"I bought this car used, so I don't know it's history. I've had it for 6 weeks, and had it at the dealership being repaired for almost 4 weeks. It seems complex and hard to repair even for MB dealer. Had to involve MB techs to solve problems. And then, the extended warranty - that's even a different problem. I'll see if I keep it now that I have it out of the shop. Has some great features - love the diesel. We'll see if I get to use them."

Long time Benz onwner rates his 2008 ML320 CDI

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Great engine technology, power, economy, style,"

Cons: "wish mine had memory seat"

2008 ML 320 CDI

"I am a long time Mercedes-Benz owner for over 30 years. I worked for Mercedes-Benz in the South-East. I bought my Ml320 CDI in 2008 and from day one, I use it like a truck. I do take care of it, and when something breaks, I see my mechanic immediately. Having said that, the key to happy ownership of a modern Mercedes-Benz is to have the right expectations of it going in. The Mercedes-Benz line-up has always been over-engineered from the start, and you can put a million miles on one, but none of them will get there if you don't do maintenance. So If you expect to drive for 5 years ad at the end you have only serviced it 2-3 times and changed the oil every 15000, is like feeding your child double cheese burgers very day till he is grown. neither of them are going to be happy with the outcome. so, Change the oil frequently, when something breaks, get it fixed, buy good fuel, keep it clean, and it will certainly take care of you.. in 102000 miles I have had the turbo rebuilt @ 70k, changed a couple of serpentine belts, changed the oil @ 8000 and replaced the oil filter every 4. I plan to drive my Diesel Ml 320 cdi to about 300,000 miles before I surrender it. an when I do, I intend to replace it with another!! My first Benz diesel took me 275000 before vanity got in the way and it was nowhere near the car I have today. So again, If you save and scrimp your dollars to save up for your 1st Mercedes Benz, and your expectations are that it is so well engineered that it will never break, You may be one of the owners giving Mercedes a bad customer report. however if you buy it, take care of it and enjoy it until it need service and then service it, you might jus might end up happy with it like me! Hope this was helpful! Bentleys Antiques"

2008 ML 320 CDI

*UPDATE*09 ML350..horrible excuse for a Mercedes..

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Outstanding performance in icy, snowy climates"

Cons: "Unfortunately a lot of minor/major things add up"

"I was very harsh when I first reviewed this car a couple months ago. I'd like to take a step back from my frustration and add a few things. New York has had very severe weather this winter so far, and looks like it will be that way until the spring. I just bought myself a 2008 Lexus LS460 with rear wheel drive. Knowing that I have a 4matic Benz and a quattro Audi at home that I can drive whenever it snows, I was not concerned about getting to work. I have to admit, my entire opinion of the ML350 changed when I drove it in the snow. It turns into a completely different animal and it amazed me. In deep snow (12-16 inches), icy conditions, sleet, black ice, negative 10 degree weather, this car just about outperforms every car I have ever driven in these conditions. Amazing all weather performance. Throw decent tires on this car, and you have yourself a very capable SUV that can easily get you to work no matter what the weather is outside. Full control, and dont even worry about getting stuck, Ive taken this thing into 2-3 ft snow banks and gotten out with no sweat. If youre anything like me, you like to have fun in the snow as well. The ML is also great for that. On an open road with a few inches of snow, feel free to hit the traction control button, mash the gas and cut the wheel, and this will get you sideways in a completely controllable drift that can be reverted back straight at your will. Amazing. So I don't take back anything I said about this car, however my opinion of it is not all negative anymore. Another positive note I want to make is to say that this car is very reliable. I always had a feeling something would go wrong with it but nothing has. My friend has had 3 ML500's in his lifetime, and he swears by them, says they're bulletproof and only break down if purposely abused. Im starting to think hes right."