2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Disappointing

By on Saturday, October 31, 2009

"Although my ML350 is a comfortable, smooth-riding vehicle, there are some glitches that surprise me in a $50K vehicle. The navigation system is substandard. My Tom-Tom is far superior to the navi system that came on my MB. I've also had the vehicle into the service department multiple times for the same problem (CO sensors), and I've only owned the vehicle for two years. Service department is great, but maintenance is expensive. I've enjoyed the vehicle overall but will never own another one."

We Love Our Mercedes ML350 SUV!!!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Attractive and fun to drive. It's a Mercedes!"

Cons: "The navigation voice command is a bit touchy."

My 2009 ML350 w/Premium II Package

"Bottom line up front: this is a fantastic vehicle! I shopped several auto makers when searching for a larger vehicle that would better accommodate my small family. After careful consideration I reduced my choices down to the ML350, the new Grand Cherokee Overland (which I believe shares design and engineering elements with the ML), and the Volvo XC90. I ultimately decided on the Mercedes. I was initially set on leasing a 2011 model, but Mercedes Benz Financial was running great financing on 2009 CPO vehicles. With such a low APR I elected to purchase the CPO, which ultimately allowed me to take home a vehicle with more options. That being said; the build quality of the ML350 is second-to-none. I personally like the fact that when I'm traveling down the highway I don't hear any road noise inside of my vehicle. Additionally, you can be assured that you won't be plagued by the random knocks or interior rattles that usually result from poor build quality or low-end materials. The safety features of the vehicle were one of the major reasons that I decided on the Mercedes. Front and rear parking sensors, a backup camera, and air bags throughout the vehicle add to its overall safety factor. If you're not going to be towing anything heavy the ML350 won't disappoint. However, if you're looking for more low-end torque for towing - go with the ML550. The electronics in the Mercedes seem to be a little bit behind those of Japanese competitors, but if you enjoy the basics you shouldn't be disappointed. The hard drive based navigation system works great and is quite simple to use. If you purchase the MBrace service (sort of like ONSTAR) you can actually send destinations to your car via Google Maps. The MBrace service also has an iPHONE application that allows you to locate your vehicle (if you've had a parking lot memory lapse!) and unlock your doors if you've managed to leave your keys inside of the ML. My ML has the Keyless GO feature which pretty much eliminates the need for me to ever take my keys out of my pocket (my wife's key is at the bottom of her purse). Although my daily commuting isn't too extensive, I would estimate my city mileage around 16 mpg. On our last family road trip, maintaining an average speed of 75 mph, I averaged right around 22 mpg. If your looking for an attractive, dependable, and solidly constructed SUV - the ML350 will not disappoint!"

My 2009 ML350 w/Premium II Package

Great, Expensive Crossover SUV

By on Sunday, August 5, 2007

"Factory ordered the 2006 ML500 and got almost everything on it except entertainment pkg; We (2 of us) ride alone. Very pleased with this vehicle in almost all ways except the Navigation system - what a waste of $$. MB should be skewerd for not providing state-of-art. Go buy the Garmin Nuvi 660 and save yourself many $$. This vehicle w/V8 pulls 4300# boat & trailer nicely. 3 way adjustable ride is a great feature. Braking supurb and MPG is respectable if you are light on the pedal. Use Cruise on the open road and have gotten over 21mpg on 500 mile trip (W/O boat.) I'd buy this Veh. again. It looks better w/aftermarket chrome trim avail. from Superior, a wonderful MB dress up parts source."

One of the safest, and most fun car to drive

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Safest and Fun to drive"

Cons: "Michelin tires made for the ML are best ride"

"Simply put this is an AWESOME car. It has so many features that take care of the driver. The safety features are incredible. People report walking away from horrible accidents unhurt. One of the nicest things is how fun this SUV is to drive. It feels as if he car literally learns your personal diving style and reacts appropriately as if it predicts what you do when controlling the car. When you take a long drive in this vehicle you learn to appreciate how this car takes out the usual stress and tiredness you usually feel when driving other cars. After all this is a Mercedes. Because it is an SUV you sit up high so you get great visibility of the traffic in front of you. I have one hundred thousand miles on my 2006 ML350 SUV and have had no problems with it. When I purchased this car it had Continental tires on it and the ride was a little stiff and jarring when going over bumps in the road. When these finally wore out the dealer recommended and ordered Michelin tires that were designed for this car. What a huge difference these tires made. The ride is smooth and the tires feel like they hug the road making the car feel even more incredibly stable on the road. All in all I can not tell you enough about how wonderful this vehicle is. When I first test drove the car I did not realize how great it was....but after owning it for just a few weeks you will understand just how wonderful it handles, how safe it is, and how much fun you are having."

Excellent SUV

By on Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pros: "outstanding drive and ride"

Cons: "Premium gas"

"My wife is into horses and has a sanctuary. She was driving a big truck to pull horses and needed a smaller vehicle for daily use. She uses this SUV like a mobile tack room and for buying small quantities of horse food. This vehicle far exceeded expectations. It's normal driving is on bumpy dirt roads or very curvy back roads. I did not think it would hold up, but it has and I am now a believer. The only issue was a speed sensor that failed, but was covered under warranty."

2007 320 CDI Diesel 50k miles

By on Sunday, March 29, 2009

"I own the diesel model. I travel 60k to 80k miles per year, and trade vehicles pretty much every 18 months. I am NOT a "Brand" person owning pretty much every MFG. Volvo, Ford, GM, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Dodge, etc. I buy based on options, comfort, and LOOKS. I bought my ML 320 as a program, 9k miles on it. I now have slightly over 50k miles on it. When i test drove, found the seats to be really firm, but on long trips found that firmness to translate into much more comfort with out back or rear aches. Cornering, WOW, handles likes a sports car! Pulls my 3500 lb boat like its not there (Other than the little mirrors cant see around it) I have had a few repairs under warranty, mainly sensors, but nothing I would think strange for any MFG. Fuel, I drive like a race car driver :) I get 26mpg in town, and 22 HWY. Due to vehicle designed for 50-70 for perfect performance, above 70mph fuel consumption raises a LOT, I travel 80 - 85 on interstates. very solid vehicle, AWD is awesome, I have 20" wheels, so the ride is a little stiff, the smaller wheels have taller tires making a softer ride, but the 20's handle like a dream on tight corners at high speed. Diesel has TONS of torque, WAY more than any other vehicle Ive owned including many V-8's Being a diesel, there is a little pause or hesitation at take off, suddenly taken away with the turbo kicking in and putting your head in the seat back. Pros: comfort, safety, handling, power, city fuel consumption, looks, stereo, resale. Cons: finding stations with car diesel, expensive service every 6k miles ($200- $300 each time) VERY expensive tires, Like BMW every option COSTS big!, Navigation and stereo takes some getting used to, not very user friendly until you use it a lot. All in all, its one of my very favorites! My second favorite is Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. Very close comparrison in vehicle, handeling, and price. This one has better resale, better fuel econemy, no 3rd row seat, but much better fittment, and finish inside than Ford. No cheap feeling plastic like ford, Otherwise, very comparable vehicles. Love it, and recommend it to any one! The design of the body panels make it look smaller than it is. Its barely smaller than Expedition."

Sorry I bought MB

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Too many to mention"

"My 1st and last MB First it was the drivers side electric door opener that went. Then it was the rear right blinker LED light. Then a few days later the left rear winder lever (cheap plastic) snaps off in my hand as I lowered the window!! I AM NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY ANOTHER OVERPRICED MB AGAIN!!!! MBUSA's answer to my complaint since I am over the 50K warranty miles is they will give me a deal on my less than 3 year old ML350 to trade-in for a new MB. YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!"

Think again...

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pros: "Great body style and comfortable"

Cons: "Transmission, Oil sensor defect, interior pieces easily fall off"

"Before purchasing my 2007 ML, I read reviews of the ML having transmission issues. I loved the car so much I thought I would take my chances... Now at 47000 miles and out of warranty, my ML is having transmission issues, electrical issues and the interior is falling apart. Mercedes Benz USA will not help you once your car is out of warranty. This will be my first and last car with them!"

Service NIGHTMARE

By on Friday, July 29, 2011

Pros: "Rides well, good on gas"

Cons: "Constant SERVICE ISSUES"

"I would love my 2006 350ML if it where not for the CONSTANT service issues. Most of the problems produce warning lights and most of the time the warning lights are the malfunction! I still have to take it to the dealer and pay for them to shut off the warning lights. The brakes are SOFT and have been replaced TWICE in the 50,000 miles I put on the car. The tail lights have been an issue and the driver's side mirror collects water during a heavy rain. The door locks short out occaisionally and they had not found the problem. Sometimes I just can't lock the car! NOW...I had to have it towed because the computer that runs the transmission is broken - EXPENSIVE REPAIR and it has to be ordered so I am without a vehicle for a week."

Great SUV especially on long drives

By on Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle and not a monster"

"I really like it's turning radius; on a dime and good for u turns and tight spot. Not significant problems in 100000 mi. Still operating on original front brake pads; changed rears @ 90k. It's hauled a lot from TX to vacation home in ID without a problem. Will certainly be favorable to MB when time comes to replace."

MBZ ML350 - great, sturdy, reliable car

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, stylish, reliable"

Cons: "can't think of cons - well designed"

"Have owned this car for 4 years and love it. Very comfortable, safe and a joy to drive. Will always own a Mercedes. Am going to get a sedan as my days of transporting kids everywhere is coming to and end. However, plan to keep this car as a 3rd family car. If treated right, this car will continue to be reliable. Would recommend this car, especially for a family."

Not worth the money and too expensive to repair

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Nothing but trouble after 35000 miles. I have spent over $10,000 on repairs the past four years . besides tires and brakes. This is my fifth and final Mercedes. I am going back to Chevys!"

Very nice

By on Friday, April 15, 2016

Pros: "Appearance, driveability, comfort"

Cons: "Audio/communication/navigation controls."

"Bought this as a certified pre-owned in 2015 and have owned it for a year. Very comfortable and easy to drive. Looks great. Gets pretty good gas mileage. There are just three things I really don't like: (1) Running boards make it awkward to get in and out. You have to reach your foot over them or step on them, but they are too narrow to step onto comfortably. (2) This model/year still has an awkward button-only audio/communication/navigation system. No touch screen. Quite complicated to set destinations, enter/save phone numbers etc. (3) The design of the manual is terrible. The information is all there, but it is very hard to figure out what applies to your model vehicle."

Bought w 68K-now at 114K. Best car ever bought.

By on Saturday, March 19, 2016

Pros: "Safe, easy to handle great all around SUV."

Cons: "Maintenance cost over 125K ?????"

"In 2014 I purchased off lot w 68K. Loved the look, drive, and 40K later probably best car ever bought. Owned 2 previous ML320's-best SUV in winter & snow. ML 350 almost as good. Overall Hwy plus city driving=good, safe,"high value car." No matter what anyone says," you get what you pay for. Good luck shopping."

Long time Benz onwner rates his 2008 ML320 CDI

By on Sunday, February 2, 2014

Pros: "Great engine technology, power, economy, style,"

Cons: "wish mine had memory seat"

2008 ML 320 CDI

"I am a long time Mercedes-Benz owner for over 30 years. I worked for Mercedes-Benz in the South-East. I bought my Ml320 CDI in 2008 and from day one, I use it like a truck. I do take care of it, and when something breaks, I see my mechanic immediately. Having said that, the key to happy ownership of a modern Mercedes-Benz is to have the right expectations of it going in. The Mercedes-Benz line-up has always been over-engineered from the start, and you can put a million miles on one, but none of them will get there if you don't do maintenance. So If you expect to drive for 5 years ad at the end you have only serviced it 2-3 times and changed the oil every 15000, is like feeding your child double cheese burgers very day till he is grown. neither of them are going to be happy with the outcome. so, Change the oil frequently, when something breaks, get it fixed, buy good fuel, keep it clean, and it will certainly take care of you.. in 102000 miles I have had the turbo rebuilt @ 70k, changed a couple of serpentine belts, changed the oil @ 8000 and replaced the oil filter every 4. I plan to drive my Diesel Ml 320 cdi to about 300,000 miles before I surrender it. an when I do, I intend to replace it with another!! My first Benz diesel took me 275000 before vanity got in the way and it was nowhere near the car I have today. So again, If you save and scrimp your dollars to save up for your 1st Mercedes Benz, and your expectations are that it is so well engineered that it will never break, You may be one of the owners giving Mercedes a bad customer report. however if you buy it, take care of it and enjoy it until it need service and then service it, you might jus might end up happy with it like me! Hope this was helpful! Bentleys Antiques"

2008 ML 320 CDI

I Love this SUV

By on Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I'm the 2nd owner of this ML320 Diesel. I purchased it with 48,000 miles -and I will own it when it has 248,000 miles. Runs like a well oiled machine -25 mpg -like riding on a cloud! If you offered me a new one for no additional dollar difference -I wouldn't give you my 08 ML320. I LOVE IT!!!!!!"

*UPDATE*09 ML350..horrible excuse for a Mercedes..

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Outstanding performance in icy, snowy climates"

Cons: "Unfortunately a lot of minor/major things add up"

"I was very harsh when I first reviewed this car a couple months ago. I'd like to take a step back from my frustration and add a few things. New York has had very severe weather this winter so far, and looks like it will be that way until the spring. I just bought myself a 2008 Lexus LS460 with rear wheel drive. Knowing that I have a 4matic Benz and a quattro Audi at home that I can drive whenever it snows, I was not concerned about getting to work. I have to admit, my entire opinion of the ML350 changed when I drove it in the snow. It turns into a completely different animal and it amazed me. In deep snow (12-16 inches), icy conditions, sleet, black ice, negative 10 degree weather, this car just about outperforms every car I have ever driven in these conditions. Amazing all weather performance. Throw decent tires on this car, and you have yourself a very capable SUV that can easily get you to work no matter what the weather is outside. Full control, and dont even worry about getting stuck, Ive taken this thing into 2-3 ft snow banks and gotten out with no sweat. If youre anything like me, you like to have fun in the snow as well. The ML is also great for that. On an open road with a few inches of snow, feel free to hit the traction control button, mash the gas and cut the wheel, and this will get you sideways in a completely controllable drift that can be reverted back straight at your will. Amazing. So I don't take back anything I said about this car, however my opinion of it is not all negative anymore. Another positive note I want to make is to say that this car is very reliable. I always had a feeling something would go wrong with it but nothing has. My friend has had 3 ML500's in his lifetime, and he swears by them, says they're bulletproof and only break down if purposely abused. Im starting to think hes right."

Great car

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"Only problem has been with rear gate closing, and Mercedes replaced part at no cost. Great car, handles beautifully, can fit a lot of stuff in it, and great in snow."

Just under warranty...we are very very lucky

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "Coverage is great under warranty, beautiful"

Cons: "too many repairs needed under warranty"

"We were fortunate to get this one used for a great price with about 25000 miles on it about three years ago. We have had to bring this in several times over the three years for significant issues Fortunately, all were under warranty and MB handled them without issue. Recently we noted it started losing power, especially uphills. We were getting close to the 50k end of the warranty and were told as long as it gets to the dealership under 50k (we got it there about 30 or so miles under 50k) We get a call "You are very, very lucky you got it here--right now the engine is out on the floor and we wont be able to get it back to you for a week." The service manager spoke with my wife so I am not sure what the issue was but we were told "the warranty is going to save you several 1000s on this one." Part of me thinks we just got a lemon and wants to give them another try with another 2 year old vehicle still under warranty. The other part of me says to go try acura which we have had in the past and never had a problem. It is a shame the ML 350 is a beautiful vehicle that is great to drive. I am just not sure I am trusting these models at this time"

Wow - what a car - I absolutely love it

By on Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage for an SUV, zero emissions, pretty"

Cons: "Less cup holders than previous years."

"I owned a 2004 ML350 for many years and traded it on the 2011 ML350 simply because of the options of the new models including hard drive, memory cards, 6 disc upfront, 110 plug ins. It has a more luxury feel to it and I love it. So comfortable for road trips, can have all my music ready. The bluetooth is awesome, just press a button to pick up a call and talk through the vehicle - that's what bluetooth should be. Even quieter than previous models, great handling and I'm getting 23 in town and 29 highway with the diesel, zero emissions system and it's pretty."

Best SUV

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "great all around vehicle"

Cons: "Not crazy about transmission shifter at first"

"Before the ML500 I had a BMW X5 4.4 and the ML blows it away. It out handles and rides like you are on a cloud. Better looking vehicle too, and much better MPG with 7 speed auto transmission."

Drives good, quality less than I expected

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "drives good"

Cons: "quality, service, value"

"Car drives good, excellent acceleration and handling. Turn signal has wipers,etc. on it. The steering wheel design makes it impossible to see the different functions located on the turn signal and also makes it difficult to see some of the other controls on the left of the dash (lights for example). Navigation system is not user friendly nor is the sound system. Have never been able to download MP3 to system even tho I follow the directions to the letter. Navigation system does not take you in a direct route sometimes and you cannot try to locate a specific establishment when you are in a strange town. Asking for POIs near your location can get you stuff that is 500 miles away. Does not hold it's value as well as a Lexus (I have owned 2 Lexus and my next csr will be a Lexus. Seat belt quit working twice within the first 6 months of owning it (it was new car). Dealer service was unacceptable until I compared their car to a Toyota. Complained to MB corporate and got no response."

Over rated

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"The ML 350 is a good vehicle but not worthy of the Mercedes reputation. The vehicle has had to be taken in for some type of srvice every 6 months. Nothing major, but little probelm such as tailgate, speakers, battery, tail lamps, etc. It's a nuisance having to take it back to the dealer so often. And the ride, handling, etc are nothing special. I expected more from a Mercedes"

Best all around SUV

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"320CDI bought new Dec '07. Over 80k miles have never been stopped on the road due to a problem. Feels just as solid and taut as when new. Bridgestone HP sport tires (19 inch size hard to find) completely changed the way it handles. In wet or dry conditions, the grip and tracking is amazing with no ride penalty. I get 30k miles per set and will buy another at 90k. Great comfort and cruising ability at 95 MPH. Other than some trim and weatherstripping problems this SUV is terrific. The trick to getting great value with any Mercedes is to find a private mechanic that you can trust. I found one who charges 30% less than the dealer and is great. The diesel motor is awesome and very flexible. At $50k, it is a relative bargain."

Good Concept - pretty sloppy execution

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "good comfort, nice ride, AWD is a bless"

Cons: "mechanically unreliable, expensive on the road"

"One may be surprised by the title, but here are my reasons why I am stating that: * NOTE * this is for the ML320 CDI models up to 2009 - Let me start by saying that I have never had a vehicle to be so costly in repairs. And when I am talking repairs, I am talking about design and manufacturing issues, which should have been called lemon issues to begin with. For starters, I had to replace front differential at only 50k miles; all the struts and shocks failed at 65k miles; oil cooler had to be changed at 70k; Timing belt, manifold gaskets, one computer (out of many) and I can continue the list on and on and on ... Overall is a bad design from the start. Why? Well all the parts that had to be replaced were "upgraded" by Mercedes with supposedly better quality materials. Why has this not been done from the beginning ? Because this is were they make the money - "stealership". Overall - is a nice car, a pleasure to drive and real comfortable - when it works."