2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 209 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Great, Expensive Crossover SUV

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"Factory ordered the 2006 ML500 and got almost everything on it except entertainment pkg; We (2 of us) ride alone. Very pleased with this vehicle in almost all ways except the Navigation system - what a waste of $$. MB should be skewerd for not providing state-of-art. Go buy the Garmin Nuvi 660 and save yourself many $$. This vehicle w/V8 pulls 4300# boat & trailer nicely. 3 way adjustable ride is a great feature. Braking supurb and MPG is respectable if you are light on the pedal. Use Cruise on the open road and have gotten over 21mpg on 500 mile trip (W/O boat.) I'd buy this Veh. again. It looks better w/aftermarket chrome trim avail. from Superior, a wonderful MB dress up parts source."

One of the safest, and most fun car to drive

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Safest and Fun to drive"

Cons: "Michelin tires made for the ML are best ride"

"Simply put this is an AWESOME car. It has so many features that take care of the driver. The safety features are incredible. People report walking away from horrible accidents unhurt. One of the nicest things is how fun this SUV is to drive. It feels as if he car literally learns your personal diving style and reacts appropriately as if it predicts what you do when controlling the car. When you take a long drive in this vehicle you learn to appreciate how this car takes out the usual stress and tiredness you usually feel when driving other cars. After all this is a Mercedes. Because it is an SUV you sit up high so you get great visibility of the traffic in front of you. I have one hundred thousand miles on my 2006 ML350 SUV and have had no problems with it. When I purchased this car it had Continental tires on it and the ride was a little stiff and jarring when going over bumps in the road. When these finally wore out the dealer recommended and ordered Michelin tires that were designed for this car. What a huge difference these tires made. The ride is smooth and the tires feel like they hug the road making the car feel even more incredibly stable on the road. All in all I can not tell you enough about how wonderful this vehicle is. When I first test drove the car I did not realize how great it was....but after owning it for just a few weeks you will understand just how wonderful it handles, how safe it is, and how much fun you are having."

The worst purchase ever !!! I bought a NEW LEMON!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I Purchased this car in 2006 brand new with 10 miles, it was my dream car , I thought. within 6 months on Christmas night, the transmission went out, thank god it was under warranty, then a year later the power steering went out, again thank god , it was still under warranty . I started to wonder if I should trade it in. but I really loved my car and felt like all the kinks was out. Well , the A/C vents broke, power seats stop working, had message about the airbags not working , took it to the dealer and all this was not covered with my warranty. spent over $3500. to fix all . the next year the radiator went out , $2,000. the power driver window button snapped off, and the lights needed to be changed , which I have had to do every year. I can't understand why the light bulds don't last because apparentely there is a back up bulds. spent $450 just to change 2 parking lights/fog lights/ 2 back lights. now we are in 2014 , the timming chain broke , $6,000 to fix !!! can't do it !! I will put on craig's list an hope I can get a decent amount for it. I can't even get $6,000 from the dealer to trade in , they offered $5,000. the worst purchase of my life !!! never again will I buy a MERCEDES BENZ !!!"

Excellent SUV

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

Pros: "outstanding drive and ride"

Cons: "Premium gas"

"My wife is into horses and has a sanctuary. She was driving a big truck to pull horses and needed a smaller vehicle for daily use. She uses this SUV like a mobile tack room and for buying small quantities of horse food. This vehicle far exceeded expectations. It's normal driving is on bumpy dirt roads or very curvy back roads. I did not think it would hold up, but it has and I am now a believer. The only issue was a speed sensor that failed, but was covered under warranty."

Not worth the money and too expensive to repair

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Nothing but trouble after 35000 miles. I have spent over $10,000 on repairs the past four years . besides tires and brakes. This is my fifth and final Mercedes. I am going back to Chevys!"

ML-350 Balance Shaft Problem

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "Good to drive"

Cons: "Maintenance nightmare -"

"This car was a maintenance nightmare - new engine at 15K, transmission problems at 80K, electrical problems - all the time, and finally the Balance Shaft problem - $6300 repair for a known defect that MB knew about. Will never buy another MB product. Have gone to Lexus. Beware of MB, quality is no longer inherent in the name. search ml250 balance shaft --- lots of problems from people"

Long time Benz onwner rates his 2008 ML320 CDI

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Great engine technology, power, economy, style,"

Cons: "wish mine had memory seat"

2008 ML 320 CDI

"I am a long time Mercedes-Benz owner for over 30 years. I worked for Mercedes-Benz in the South-East. I bought my Ml320 CDI in 2008 and from day one, I use it like a truck. I do take care of it, and when something breaks, I see my mechanic immediately. Having said that, the key to happy ownership of a modern Mercedes-Benz is to have the right expectations of it going in. The Mercedes-Benz line-up has always been over-engineered from the start, and you can put a million miles on one, but none of them will get there if you don't do maintenance. So If you expect to drive for 5 years ad at the end you have only serviced it 2-3 times and changed the oil every 15000, is like feeding your child double cheese burgers very day till he is grown. neither of them are going to be happy with the outcome. so, Change the oil frequently, when something breaks, get it fixed, buy good fuel, keep it clean, and it will certainly take care of you.. in 102000 miles I have had the turbo rebuilt @ 70k, changed a couple of serpentine belts, changed the oil @ 8000 and replaced the oil filter every 4. I plan to drive my Diesel Ml 320 cdi to about 300,000 miles before I surrender it. an when I do, I intend to replace it with another!! My first Benz diesel took me 275000 before vanity got in the way and it was nowhere near the car I have today. So again, If you save and scrimp your dollars to save up for your 1st Mercedes Benz, and your expectations are that it is so well engineered that it will never break, You may be one of the owners giving Mercedes a bad customer report. however if you buy it, take care of it and enjoy it until it need service and then service it, you might jus might end up happy with it like me! Hope this was helpful! Bentleys Antiques"

2008 ML 320 CDI

Great SUV especially on long drives

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle and not a monster"

"I really like it's turning radius; on a dime and good for u turns and tight spot. Not significant problems in 100000 mi. Still operating on original front brake pads; changed rears @ 90k. It's hauled a lot from TX to vacation home in ID without a problem. Will certainly be favorable to MB when time comes to replace."

Glad we leased it -- wouldn't buy it!

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Excellent lease program, safe family car"

Cons: "Worst control panel ever (nav/phone/CD)"

"What happened to German engineering? The backup camera on this car only works if the radio is on, the navigation-phone controls are SO non-intuitive and clunky you'd think it was designed by a pre-schooler. Purchase didn't include the free maintenance offered by other upscale manufacturers (BMW). Most comparable vehicles included features we paid extra for. Rides okay, a bit boat-like. Feels safe and solid. Back wiper fluid is inefficent. Like the Bluetec (diesel) option, which is the main reason we went for this car. Handles okay in snow and has good clearance. No heat or vents in rear of vehicle for pets."

Best SUV

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "great all around vehicle"

Cons: "Not crazy about transmission shifter at first"

"Before the ML500 I had a BMW X5 4.4 and the ML blows it away. It out handles and rides like you are on a cloud. Better looking vehicle too, and much better MPG with 7 speed auto transmission."

Will Always own a Mercedes ML

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Solid, drives like a dream for a big SUV"

Cons: "2008 had DVD based Navi"

"Have owned vehicles by Volkswagen, Volvo, and Mercedes. This is by far the best vehicle I have owned yet. Bought it new, and it will only get replaced by another new one. Only thing i did not like was that in 2008 the Nav was DVD based. that has been replaced with real time sat Nav so other than that annoying quirk, it has been a dream to own. I bought the Mercedes wrap warranty to 100K with no deductible thinking that once out of warranty it would be tons of dough to fix but it has never ever needed any repair ever. Nothing like a good Benz."

WOW!

By on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"My second ML ( Previous 02 ML 320). Many improvements since then. The '11 ML-350, BlueTec is an outstanding SUV. Very responsive while driving. Averaged 28.5 mpg combined driving (Got over 30 mpg on highway driving). ML-350, BlueTech is lighter than my previous ML and is a little shorter in heigth and a little longer. Very comfortable riding. The NAV System shows where ULSD Diesel Stations are located. Some excellent safety features- If you open the drivers door, transmission will go into park (P) when engine is running. Great SUV!"

*UPDATE*09 ML350..horrible excuse for a Mercedes..

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Outstanding performance in icy, snowy climates"

Cons: "Unfortunately a lot of minor/major things add up"

"I was very harsh when I first reviewed this car a couple months ago. I'd like to take a step back from my frustration and add a few things. New York has had very severe weather this winter so far, and looks like it will be that way until the spring. I just bought myself a 2008 Lexus LS460 with rear wheel drive. Knowing that I have a 4matic Benz and a quattro Audi at home that I can drive whenever it snows, I was not concerned about getting to work. I have to admit, my entire opinion of the ML350 changed when I drove it in the snow. It turns into a completely different animal and it amazed me. In deep snow (12-16 inches), icy conditions, sleet, black ice, negative 10 degree weather, this car just about outperforms every car I have ever driven in these conditions. Amazing all weather performance. Throw decent tires on this car, and you have yourself a very capable SUV that can easily get you to work no matter what the weather is outside. Full control, and dont even worry about getting stuck, Ive taken this thing into 2-3 ft snow banks and gotten out with no sweat. If youre anything like me, you like to have fun in the snow as well. The ML is also great for that. On an open road with a few inches of snow, feel free to hit the traction control button, mash the gas and cut the wheel, and this will get you sideways in a completely controllable drift that can be reverted back straight at your will. Amazing. So I don't take back anything I said about this car, however my opinion of it is not all negative anymore. Another positive note I want to make is to say that this car is very reliable. I always had a feeling something would go wrong with it but nothing has. My friend has had 3 ML500's in his lifetime, and he swears by them, says they're bulletproof and only break down if purposely abused. Im starting to think hes right."

Several problems

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"I have owned this car for 4 years. The car has had always problems since I bought it in 2006. After 50.000 the transmission went, at 55000 the power sterring!!!! The computer onboard gives several errors expecially with tail lights, a nightmare. I love the car, look great, rides well but unfortunatly the problems that comes with it is not worthed."

shoulda kept the van

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"in the 3 yrs owning it, spent 6000 dollars in maintainence and repairs. have done everything required. 3 batteries in the first yr. transmission stuff in March10 and now valve body, so this yr alone $5000. buy the extended warranty. sorry i didn't. looking to sell it and get a van."

exceptional drive- quiet suv

By on Saturday, January 09, 2010

"I have had alot of SUV's, this drives better than most cars. Pobably the most quiet SUV available. There is no road noise, or exterior noise at all. I drive 30K+ miles a year (so far have 90K+ on this ride), and still drives the same as the day I got it. Also has tremendous fuel economy. Most of my miles are highway- easily averaging 23+, and even 20+ in the city. You are paying for a quality vehicle- not just a Mercedes emblem. It has exceeding my expectations. SUV convience in a car like ride."

What a Truck!

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Exceptional comfort, lots of power compared to the older ML series, fast starting diesel even in cold weather, fuel mileage in the upper 20's at highway speeds, a little confusing on the NAV and display screens, 7 speed shifts smoothly, rear view screen too low as are the cornering headlights."

Only Slightly disappointed

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Annoying little transmission clunking at low speeds, and annoying little sounds when using manual shifter. Otherwise, wonderful vehicle."

BEST VEHICLE HANDS DOWN!!!!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "nice to drive, comfort and best features"

Cons: "gas mileage at times in the city"

"Great vehicle to drive. Smooth as you can get for am Suv. Handles well on curves with power. Wouldnt go back to any other brand than Mercedes."

Best riding vehicle on highway or in town

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle and worth every dollar"

"I was hesitant to put that much money in a new vehicle however I had never owned a Mercedes. My 8 year Mercedes experience has been absolutely great. I will do the same thing again."

Hasn't been good so far...

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Nice styling, love the torque and 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "reliability is my biggest concern"

"I bought this car used, so I don't know it's history. I've had it for 6 weeks, and had it at the dealership being repaired for almost 4 weeks. It seems complex and hard to repair even for MB dealer. Had to involve MB techs to solve problems. And then, the extended warranty - that's even a different problem. I'll see if I keep it now that I have it out of the shop. Has some great features - love the diesel. We'll see if I get to use them."

Really am impressed!

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Styling, ride, performance, comfort, prestige"

Cons: "bluetooth phone unreliable"

"Traded my SL550 for the ML350 and although it has a (very) few shortcomings, I LOVE the car. I feel it is the best MB I have ever owned and driven and I have owned MBs since 1971. I'd buy another one as soon as this one is out of warranty (135K)!"

I love this ride!

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "easy to drive, smooth ride, low maintenance"

Cons: "bluetooth isn't that great, it;s difficult for people to hear me"

"It is sharp, roomy, everything works well although the blue tooth can be improved a bit. I love driving this car! Love, love, love it!"

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Best SUV we've ever owned. Just the right size for carrying children, groceries, shopping, trips and parking! Comfortable seating and smooth ride. We love our ML 350."

Best car ever

By on Saturday, June 06, 2009

"This car is a very reliable car would recomend :)"