2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

7.8

Based on 381 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

single owner, well maintained, excellent working

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "can't say anything bad.Best seats for long drive"

Cons: "takes premium gas less than 20 miles /gal"

"Drove only in summer months. We were in Florida in winter months car was stored in the garage..Every thing is working Ie: air conditioning, CD player, gps ,heated car seats etc"

$th ML and the best one

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Blast of a rig"

Cons: "very stiff suspension"

"This is my 4th ML and 3rd ML55 AMG. I ordered a new ML550 for 2008 and then found my current 2003 ML55 with only 9,800 miles. After driving the 2008 which was more quiet and smooth, it just didn't have the character that the 55 has. And with 2003 being the last year with only 170 built, I decided to keep the 2003. You take care of these cars and they last forever. Only real "fixes" needed were the gas level & pump (typical), leaking power steering reservoir and that's about it. The 9 ratings are really only in comparison to newer cars, which is really a testament to how well these do handle. They are brutes and real sleepers!!"

Should of never purchased this vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Great acceleration and really fast"

Cons: "Rough ride Hard seats Poor quality Repairs $$$$$$$"

"I ordered this ML500 new at San francisco Mercedes. Paid $70,000.00 for this SUV. What a mistake that was. It has been nothing but trouble with oil leaks, transmission leak, head light washer mechanism broke, water pump went out at 70,000 miles. Drivers side power window track went out, plastic sides of both front seats cracked and broke. Tires are odd sized and you can only get Michelins or Dunlops. Vehicle rides really stiff and the seats are very uncomfortable on long trips. I'll never own a Mercedes again. I had way better experience and comfort with my 2000 Chevrolet."

I didn't expect this - best car ever!

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Great price; great intro to Mercedes engineering"

Cons: "Gas filter causes car to start slowly"

"I love this car. I have driven Fords & Lincoln's for 30 years, always leasing new vehicles. Obviously I liked them but I never loved them, and tired of the cost of leasing and the bureaucracy of Ford Credit. So, after much deliberation I bought the 2004 ML 350 in December 2010. I also bought a $100 deductible warranty. I compared the combined cost, after factoring in the not so great mileage and the added cost of premium gas and concluded that the buy was worth the risk associated with a used car. In the 3 years since I bought it, I have driven it over 60,000 miles without any major repairs. My initial warranty was two years / 24,000 miles. When I approached the mileage limit, I bought a new warranty that is assumable and covers it for another 100,000 miles, up to 205,000 miles. In more than three years of relatively high mileage driving, I have had warranty claims of less than 1/2 the cost of the warranties. That notwithstanding, peace of mind..."

80000 very happy, totally trouble free miles

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Like a true blue friend - super reliable, 22 mpg"

Cons: "a few design kinks, a bit under powered"

"repairs over the 11 years - 80000 miles >>> electronic circuit board replaced $ 900.00 (MB dealer $ 1200 !) >>> one rear corner lucite/plexiglass window panel got loose my cost $ 8.00 for special cement, MB dealer's quote $ 1100.00 !!!) >>> sliding roof hinge (MB dealer 250.00) I never replaced it >>> sticking gas pedal. My car guy fixed it for free what the MB dealer couldn't.?!? Very capable long distance runner, a bit underpowered in city traffic, otherwise just a very, very nice car, loved it for 11 years, just traded it in for a M-320 BlueTec. Lesson learned above, - find yourself a honest reliable Benz Mechanic (not easy) and live happily ever after."