2004 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

7.8

Based on 385 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

best and practical car ever

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "reliability, performance, style, comfort"

"140,000 miles withot any major repair other than brakes, fluids changes and maintenances requirements, with long trips around the country including Canada. Extremely reliable, lot of power and traction, great performance, very safe/secure, all amenities,comfort and requirements for long winter or summers trips."

I love this Car

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Love it"

Cons: "Pricey"

"I love this car. It is the first car I have ever owned that I would go back and buy another one. I guess its true once you drive a Mercedes you never go back. I would highly recommend to anyone who want a SUV that drives like a sports car with plenty of power."

Good Used Car

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "All Wheel drive"

Cons: "CD has to be loaded in the rear cargo space."

"I purchased our ML 320 new. For the first year I would not have given 2 cents for this car, the Germans apparently didn't understand electricity any better than the English; however, after replacing all of the electronics, about half under warranty and half I paid, it has been a very good car. At 145,000 miles it runs better today than when new. At our elevation, 5,000 ft, the engine is under powered. The 350 fixed this problem. We are going to purchase a new car within the next 6 months and the new M Class will definitely be on my shopping list."

I still love it but.....

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "tight steering, comfortable seats, great dashboard"

Cons: "CD player in the back"

"I am back a year later (August 2010) to say that as soon as my ML hit 100,000 miles on it, I did begin to have some problems. Little things here and there but enough to cause the car to be out of commission for days at a time-in the shop. Lights come on for no reason and that makes me nervous. I thought that I could keep her longer but I am not sure. I do love my car but hate car trouble. A Mercedes Benz "expert" told me that these trucks are not trouble free and that the sedans and cars are made better. It will be a sad day when I have to get rid of this car but I travel a lot and can't be stuck on the side of the road. Trying to hang in there......"

Great car. Second ML and couldn't be happier.

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Solid vehicle. Quality construction. Minimal repairs. Great treatment from Dealer."

Cons: "Pricey service but you get what you pay for."

"Bought new and now have 167,000. Minimal repairs and runs like a top. Hope to drive it for at least another 80,000. My first ML (2000) had over 200,000 on it when I upgraded to a new one."

BIG BILLS ALL THE TIME

By on Monday, February 14, 2011

"I ve owned this baby for over 10 yrs and a 110,000 miles. Be forewarned, tons of big bills at every maintenance visit. Comp this to other cars that work without big bills from your garage guy. 170,000 to 250,000 is normal for Japanese cars without big issues. Brakes need work often, tyres - same, oil leaks, engine management of course takes the cake."

once u go german u don't go back

By on Friday, March 26, 2010

"It runs great, the only problem was having to get a new key. The old keyless entry stopped working and a new key is not cheap, about 200.00 dollars. In addition breaks are expensive. However the vehicle was made to go longer inbetween oil changes, breaks and tuneups, so the cost averages out to be the same of a normal vehicle. Also gas is not that bad. I drove 700 miles and kept it above a half a tank. With gas at 2.60 a gal the 700 miles cost me 75 dollars. I did not go above 60mph though, I was in Michigan UP on 2 for hours and in the back part of Wisconsin, the speed limit through there is 55mph. It was a long trip but the SUV was very comfortable. This vehicle is good value, you can buy a chevy suburban for the same price and the suburban will break down 100,000 miles before the Mercedes. Not to mention the suburban would cost more in gas. I just think that the price for a key should be less and the price for a few other things on the mercedes."

Vonhdabar

By on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"1998 ML320 Just drove from Boston to Longboat Key. At 85 mph I got 22.5 MPG! This beast is about to turn 170,000 miles. I expect to get an additional 100,000 miles with regular full synthetic oil changes Only wish M.B. had included a transmission dip stick Buy your parts on line and save Very comfortable lots of room for me and my 2 dogs"

Too many mechancial problems

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"I have owned my SUV since 2003 and spent way too much money on cosmetic and mechancial problems. The drivers seat came apart, the fabric peeled off of the window post, and numerous mechancial issues that are not your general maintenance. I have spent $1200 since September on non maintenance repairs, along with others in the last 4 years and was told this week that I am needing a $2000 repair. I thought that MB were reliable with less maintenance, what a joke. Never again will I own one."

Best Car Ever!

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"I love my ML320 I've driven over 100,000 miles in it. It is very good off road with the 4x4. But at the same time its a Mercedes-Benz. I like how it has a removable 3rd seat incase i need to seat 7. I would very much recomend this car to most people!"

Best Vehicle I have owned

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"I purchased my 2003 ML350 3 years ago. It was a 24 month lease return with just over 20000 miles. 3 years and 45 thousand miles later this little truck is still driving like new. I have added a towing hitch. I regularly tow a desert truck with an atv mounted on the truck, Combined the weigh is about 3500 pounds. The little V6 tow with ease at highway speed of 75mph. It still has the OEM tires. Last time they were rotated I was told that the tires had about 35% of their life left. The only things that I have done to the ML are A and B services, replaced the front roters at 45000 miles when the front and rear brakes were replaced, replaced brake fluid, replace coolant and had a power stearing line break(recall item). Oh yea and here in AZ the land of high insurace prices the ML is very cheap to insure. I don't know why. I forgot I also had to straighen the tire rack, it got bent while off-road, coming off a mountain it got hung up on a large rock."

Love affair with my car!!

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Love driving this vehicle--and feel very safe with the little ones in it. Even after 6 years, it is tight and hugs the road. Gas mileage is not so great, but am willing to give up a few dimes for the great ride. Would definitely buy another. Have replaced the brakes once and a wheel sensor once. Have kept up the regular maintanence and service checks."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"99 ML430. Vehicle does many things very well. Excellent long distance cruiser, good off road, tows well, amazing in the snow. Seats fold completely flat, combined with tall roof make for huge cargo space. Luxurious enough for a formal night out, then go play in the mud the next day. No more or less reliable than any other premium luxury car. Bad side: Brake jobs expensive at dealer, poor interior materials, but they've held up well, wind noise, Avg 17mpg. 150K and still truckin. I'll keep this Benz a while."

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"This is my second ML and I'll surely own another. I've driven 94000 miles and had no mechanical issues other than routine maintenance, 1 set of brakes and 2 sets of tires. It still drives tight and feels solid. I usually get bored with my cars after a few months but can't say that about this car or the 99 ML 320 that I had"

The best secret

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"I really didn't expect the ML to be as good as it is. I previously owned an X5 and was marginally impressed with the car overall. The ML ride is perhaps the first thing that surprised me followed by relibality and overall comfort. If there is any dissapointing feature it is with a doubt the fuel economy. I average about 15.9 mpg in suburban driving which is really not that bad but it isn't anything to shout about either. Oh, another negative (and I'm being picky) is the weak headlamps. While, again, not a deal breaker, it sure isn't the highlight of the vehicle. All things considered though it's a solid car with a soft and quiet ride that has an unbelivable traction and stability system. I tow a 5000 pound boat and launch it in a steep gravel/sand boat ramp without a care. Finally, it's a great car that's had no mechanical failures or excessive maintainence issues like expensive brakes, etc. It's a great buy as a used car with unequaled quality."

Great Road trip vehicle.

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

"I really enjoy this ML320 on road trips. So comfortable and heated seats. Plenty of room for everything. It has a sterling reliability record with me at least. I have hauled stuff that should have been in my Sport Trac, fertilizer and dirt(in bags). Well, we loaded it with Pine Straw once and got about 12 bales in it. I don't reccomend this as it was a chore cleaning it out, then again, it is a body on frame truck. I have had other MBs before and they seemed to like the shop, but not this one, RELIABLE. And it is fun off road, actually quit a cushy off roader, but it is capable on all you throw at it. I highly recommend a 02 or newer ML320 to anyone."

True sports utility 4x4 and 24MPG!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Outstanding balance of performance and utility. Very strong, safe, capable, efficient, and a pleasure to drive on road or off. Anything I can't outrun on pavement, I can outrun off-road. Anything I can't outrun off-road, I can outrun on pavement. Some of the wood-like interior trim is a bit cheap, but it has perfectly placed cup holders and the leather wears like iron. I get 19MPG city and 24ish MPG on the highway and it is a foolproof 4x4! It will drive through anything you point it at with no drama and leave you grinning from ear to ear in your heated leather seats."

3 years, 56,000 miles GREAT

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"Bought this car in late 04 and have used it fully, in town, hauling kids, many trips through snow and ice over the mountains, and through the desert at 110 mph. This car just hums and hums. It is my reliable pony. At 56,000 miles it is like new. All I've ever had done was regular maintenance and, I think, one warranty visit for a flashing light that just needed to be replaced. I intend to keep this one for years."

Built like a tank

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Build quality, reliability, power, ride comfort"

Cons: "Dealer service backup and costs."

"ML500. This is one of the best cars I have owned. Solidly built. Excellent reliability and performance. I have owned it for almost 6 years and has been my workhorse. I wish all cars were built like this."

A wonderful car, but repairs if needed are $$.

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: ""Expensive, but reliable, safe,"

Cons: "Dealers need to decrease repair cost!!!!!"

"This issue may be my only deterrent from purchasing another Mercedes Bens, which is the car, that l truly happy to own!"

Love these cars! I have 2 of them over 100K miles

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Run for ever and easy to maintain."

Cons: "Wish it had a third row seating option"

Love this car!

"Great cars that are simple to maintain. The ML350 engine is strong and the AWD is amazing in bad weather. Never been stranded! They are comfy and family friendly with air bags around the whole car making them ultra safe!"

Love this car!

Solid Vehicle

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"I bought my ML320 used in 2003 and have been very happy with it. I strongly recommend that you buy a certified vehicle. My ML320 was the only car on my street that could make it out during a deep snow. This car is amazing in the snow - no slip, lots of control - more than most large trucks! Lost of room in the back, enough for 2 dog crates. Very comfortable car for travel. Mileage is not bad at all for an SUV. Car lets you know when it needs service - just follow the manufacture's suggested schedules and you will be fine."

Simply the best

By on Tuesday, December 08, 2009

"Bought at 83k in good condition. Used for 5 years. Excellent performance. No real problems. Extremely comfortable and safe, especially on wet road. Well done, MB!"

Don't bother

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I have had nothing but trouble with my ML. I won't make this mistake again."

very expensive maintence

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Not many repairmen have diagnostic equipment necessary to maintain this vehicle... buy only if you wish to invest a unreasonable sum of money in expensive parts and repairs"