2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

7.8

Based on 395 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

I still love it but.....

By on Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pros: "tight steering, comfortable seats, great dashboard"

Cons: "CD player in the back"

"I am back a year later (August 2010) to say that as soon as my ML hit 100,000 miles on it, I did begin to have some problems. Little things here and there but enough to cause the car to be out of commission for days at a time-in the shop. Lights come on for no reason and that makes me nervous. I thought that I could keep her longer but I am not sure. I do love my car but hate car trouble. A Mercedes Benz "expert" told me that these trucks are not trouble free and that the sedans and cars are made better. It will be a sad day when I have to get rid of this car but I travel a lot and can't be stuck on the side of the road. Trying to hang in there......"

Best Car Ever!

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"I love my ML320 I've driven over 100,000 miles in it. It is very good off road with the 4x4. But at the same time its a Mercedes-Benz. I like how it has a removable 3rd seat incase i need to seat 7. I would very much recomend this car to most people!"

Low re-sale

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Amazingly out performs sports sedans, powerful, responsive, stable, etc. Had this ML500 for just over a year, roomy, safe & comfortable on long trips, sporty and responsive as my 5 series BMW! I can tell those who had bad luck with the ML's, get a good mechanic and in the long run, yes it costs more to perform repairs/maint but not as often as many other cars, so it's a wash! One thing that shocked me was the low re-sale value, good for pre-owned shoppers!"

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"This is my second ML and I'll surely own another. I've driven 94000 miles and had no mechanical issues other than routine maintenance, 1 set of brakes and 2 sets of tires. It still drives tight and feels solid. I usually get bored with my cars after a few months but can't say that about this car or the 99 ML 320 that I had"

Great Road trip vehicle.

By on Sunday, September 2, 2007

"I really enjoy this ML320 on road trips. So comfortable and heated seats. Plenty of room for everything. It has a sterling reliability record with me at least. I have hauled stuff that should have been in my Sport Trac, fertilizer and dirt(in bags). Well, we loaded it with Pine Straw once and got about 12 bales in it. I don't reccomend this as it was a chore cleaning it out, then again, it is a body on frame truck. I have had other MBs before and they seemed to like the shop, but not this one, RELIABLE. And it is fun off road, actually quit a cushy off roader, but it is capable on all you throw at it. I highly recommend a 02 or newer ML320 to anyone."

Drives well--high maintainence

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"Nice driving/handling vehicle but flimsy/easily broken interior plastic parts/trim replacement is expensive out of warranty. Kind of a dog off the line with the 6 cylinder, and I've only ever been able to get 18mpg highway, in town 14mpg. But it's an incredibly safe vehicle--has 10(!) air bags, and hauls quite a bit of gear with the rear seats folded flat."

My third Benz and the best

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"Bought this used (it had been a lease)and here I am 6 years later, loving it still. Okay, it is expensive to fix but the comfort and the safety I feel is worth it. No major mechanical problems exccept one recall that I didn't pay for. Driving it in TX in the heat and it runs great. Towed a trailer from OR to TX w/o any problems and is the best car I have ever owned, altho my 1987 300D Turbo, still in the family, is running strong as well. Love, love, love my car. :)"

Good Used Car

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "All Wheel drive"

Cons: "CD has to be loaded in the rear cargo space."

"I purchased our ML 320 new. For the first year I would not have given 2 cents for this car, the Germans apparently didn't understand electricity any better than the English; however, after replacing all of the electronics, about half under warranty and half I paid, it has been a very good car. At 145,000 miles it runs better today than when new. At our elevation, 5,000 ft, the engine is under powered. The 350 fixed this problem. We are going to purchase a new car within the next 6 months and the new M Class will definitely be on my shopping list."

Great car. Second ML and couldn't be happier.

By on Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pros: "Solid vehicle. Quality construction. Minimal repairs. Great treatment from Dealer."

Cons: "Pricey service but you get what you pay for."

"Bought new and now have 167,000. Minimal repairs and runs like a top. Hope to drive it for at least another 80,000. My first ML (2000) had over 200,000 on it when I upgraded to a new one."

BIG BILLS ALL THE TIME

By on Monday, February 14, 2011

"I ve owned this baby for over 10 yrs and a 110,000 miles. Be forewarned, tons of big bills at every maintenance visit. Comp this to other cars that work without big bills from your garage guy. 170,000 to 250,000 is normal for Japanese cars without big issues. Brakes need work often, tyres - same, oil leaks, engine management of course takes the cake."