2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

7.8

Based on 387 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

sadly disappointed

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"We have had this vehicle 3 years and it has been in the shop more times than I can count. Thank goodness for the warranty !! Service is an issue since there is only one dealer in the area that works on Merz :( Might be nice to say you own a Mercedes if it spent more time on the road and less in the shop."

Disappointed By The Lost In Value!

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"This is my second M-Class, I totaled my first one, a 98, ML320 with over 100,000 miles on it. I rolled this vehicle at a very high speed and walked away from it...not bragging, just blessed! So I got another one. 2005 ML350, didn't like the Dunlop tires so I put Generals on it. Big difference! But now I'm looking to get a new (like new body style) but was suprized at lost in value so quickly...So I'll just keep my old one with 50,000 mile and still in perfect condition. This SUV does everything, hauls 29 ft boat, 28 ft camper trailer, and still look good doing it...and it don't mind getting up into the triple digits if you know what I mean. Its got style, grace, and power..."

Frequent expensive repairs

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Mercedes Benz seems to have put the ML320 together with a bunch of ideas that didn't quite have the bugs worked out. Funky things large and small routinely go wrong, and fixing them is super expensive. Brakes, for example, are out of sight. The rear cross member on ours has all but rusted off, which is a problem because that's what the trailer hitch is bolted to. And you can't get it aligned without a $$dealer$$, who, of course, has proprietary part$ and machine$, and, in my case, is 90 minutes away. When it's working, it's a great car- drives and handles great-lots of power and lots of interior space. It sports some ingenious seat stowage. The AWD is nice. The driver ergonomics are well-done. I'd be much more inclined to get another one if it wasn't so expensive to keep in good repair."

Good car just expensive to maintain and fix!

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Good price, great looks, comfort"

Cons: "gas mileage, costly repairs"

"I am the second owner of the vehicle and it has only left me stranded twice in four years, and those were not because the engine stopped. One was from a broken coolant tank causing overheating and the other was a powersteering pully. Other things that have been wrong with the vehicle have been mostly regular maintenance items except for the drive shaft problem that was just fixed in the last two weeks. This car is driven quite a bit and I was told that this was a major problem for this vehicle because of the power it has and not having a single way drive shaft. Mercedes decided to put a dual drive shaft in with a converter box that does not handle the power of the 268hp engine. If you want a not so expensive mercedes that looks great this is the car for you as long as you know that there will be some money spent on the repairs."

Driven for 10 years.

By on Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"I purchased the MB in 2000 and now have 155000 miles under my belt. It has been very reliable. Support has been great with three repairs done by MB for free, long after 100,000 miles. It still looks good, runs good, and handles all the snow Utah can deliver. This has been a great car. I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off."