2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

7.8

Based on 380 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

Great suv well worth the money

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Good tight handling and good gas mileage"

Cons: "Repairs and parts expensive"

"I wish I could afford to buy another mercedes"

Love my ML430

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Reliable, Plenty of Power, and Roomy"

Cons: "Gas Gas Gas (14/19) when everyone else is above 20"

"I purchased my car used back in 2006 and it has been nothing but excellent over the last 8 going on 9 years. When I purchased the vehicle, it had about 80k miles. This car has never let me down and maintenance isn't as bad as everyone thinks. It now has a couple of issues here and there but the car is 15 years old with almost 250k. Spent 7 years in Ohio with the car and it has never left me stuck in snow nor stranded on the side of the road. The power it has is great. Good pulling torque and great power for passing and highway driving. Gas mileage isn't the best but that is what you can expect with an AWD 4.3L V8 engine in a heavy SUV. I would highly recommend this car to anyone (ML430) but I cannot speak on the other ML models."

The funnest and most loved vehicle I have owned!

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Safe, Reliable, Beautiful design."

Cons: "Gas hog, tires are expensive and wear out quick."

"I bought this truck used in 2008. She is lovingly named "Honey Benz." I bought a Toyota Rav 4 for the new factor, but have been putting everyone through it for a week as I get passed my emotional withdrawels from my ML500. At this point, I don't think I will ever get the ML out of my system! In my opinion, the ML500 is the only vehicle I would consider purchasing from Mercedes. If I could justify the payment and cost to run another, I would have been at Mercedes Benz instead of Toyota. They are tanks. Because of this, I was at the pump more. But, they give you a confidence on the freeway nowadays with all of the huge trucks out there, without being the size that is overwhelming to drive. This is truly an awesome truck and I will miss her. The buyer is picking her up tonight. :("

Reluctant but wife will kill me if I don't sell.

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "roof"

Cons: "began to feel a little unstable about 5 years ago."

Photo does not show the color well. Dark Blue.

"Purchased this car in 2000 and am a second owner. The kids loved this car while growing up as the roof goes all the way back --- One of the reasons I still have it. I had her fixed the right way every time she needed it. A number of small things that I no longer want to spend the money on. Tires are not as good as I would like. I do not feel confident with her on the road any longer as I now prefer much newer cars with low milage. Mercedes cars are expensive to fix! Check out what they cost to fix before you inquire as you may change your mind once you realize this. I had my kids using it for college as she is a TANK! If ever in an accident, I knew they would probably not be hurt. That said, low milage. 17 mpg but I have a heavy foot. Wife got much higher. I had the rear bumper completely rebuilt after an accident pushed it in a bit. I then backed up and broke the plastic cover over the bumper. I LOVE this car!!! Serious separation anxiety."

Photo does not show the color well. Dark Blue.

i loved this car never had any major problems with

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "they dont make this model anymore"

Cons: "they changed the body type mine was the last batch"

"with it ever i have traveled round the world driving this car now it is considered old i love it. so why fix something that is not broken i can always maintain what i have."