2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

7.8

Based on 387 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

beware

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"I just hate this car, what a lemon. Although my family has now owned 12 Mercedes over the past 34 years, generally with great satisfaction, this car has proved to be the opposite of any previous MB experience. The 1999 ML430 was a my first new Mercedes-Benz and pleasure to drive off the lot, however after spending almost $50,000 for this lemon it has been the biggest mistake of my life. It has had major mechanical malfunctions without any warning 6 times which left my family stranded, needed towing and/or worse. The list of minor repairs seams endless. Numerous recalls. When contacting MBUSA, they either fail to respond to my complaints, ignore our correspondance or just hide the facts. My advice, buy a MB made before 1995 when the Mercedes brand meant quality and dependability."

GREAT 2001 ML 320

By on Friday, December 07, 2007

"MY 2001 ML 320 IS AN EXCELLENT CAR. I HAVE DRIVEN THIS CAR EVERYDAY SINCE NEW AND HAD 72K MILES CITY/HWY MILES COMBINED. I HAVE THE REGULAR SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE OF THIS CAR PERFORMED BY MY MERCEDES BENZ DEALER. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR. THAT IS BECAUSE I TAKE CARE OF THIS CAR. PROBLEMS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS CAUSED BY NEGLECTED CAR MAINTENANCE. MY ML IS VERY RELIABLE, FUN TO DRIVE, NICE INTERIOR/EXTERIOR WITH LOTS OF ROOM AND FEATURES. FRONT AND REAR AIR BAGS, PERFORMS GREAT AND GREAT VALUE. THE RIDE IS A BIT STIFF BUT VERY COMFORTABLE. THE ORIGINAL SET OF GENERAL TIRES LASTED 50K MILES. THE FRONT BRAKE PADS WAS REPLACED AT 45K AND REAR PADS AT 62K. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE ML. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD NEW BUY A CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED ML WITH LOW MILEAGE AND EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM A MERCEDES BENZ DEALER AND YOU WILL BE DRIVING WORRY FREE AND SAVE MONEY ON DEPRECIATION."

sadly disappointed

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"We have had this vehicle 3 years and it has been in the shop more times than I can count. Thank goodness for the warranty !! Service is an issue since there is only one dealer in the area that works on Merz :( Might be nice to say you own a Mercedes if it spent more time on the road and less in the shop."

Disappointed By The Lost In Value!

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"This is my second M-Class, I totaled my first one, a 98, ML320 with over 100,000 miles on it. I rolled this vehicle at a very high speed and walked away from it...not bragging, just blessed! So I got another one. 2005 ML350, didn't like the Dunlop tires so I put Generals on it. Big difference! But now I'm looking to get a new (like new body style) but was suprized at lost in value so quickly...So I'll just keep my old one with 50,000 mile and still in perfect condition. This SUV does everything, hauls 29 ft boat, 28 ft camper trailer, and still look good doing it...and it don't mind getting up into the triple digits if you know what I mean. Its got style, grace, and power..."

Frequent expensive repairs

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Mercedes Benz seems to have put the ML320 together with a bunch of ideas that didn't quite have the bugs worked out. Funky things large and small routinely go wrong, and fixing them is super expensive. Brakes, for example, are out of sight. The rear cross member on ours has all but rusted off, which is a problem because that's what the trailer hitch is bolted to. And you can't get it aligned without a $$dealer$$, who, of course, has proprietary part$ and machine$, and, in my case, is 90 minutes away. When it's working, it's a great car- drives and handles great-lots of power and lots of interior space. It sports some ingenious seat stowage. The AWD is nice. The driver ergonomics are well-done. I'd be much more inclined to get another one if it wasn't so expensive to keep in good repair."