2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

7.8

Based on 390 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

WORST VEHICLE I EVER OWNED

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"I HAVE AN ML 320 WHICH HAS BEEN A HEADACHE. THERE HAVE BEEN MAJOR REPAIRS AND I AM CONTINUALLY AT THE DEALERSHIP. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE BUY A MERCEDES. THIS IS MY 2ND ONE AND MY LAST. THE REPAIRS ARE ASTRONOMICAL. THERE ARE A FEW GOOD FEATURES - IT HANDLES WONDERFULLY IN THE SNOW AND IS A COMFORTABLE RIDE. BUT UNFORTUNATELY THOSE DO NOT MAKE UP FOR ALL THE MECHANICAL ISSUES."

Low re-sale

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Amazingly out performs sports sedans, powerful, responsive, stable, etc. Had this ML500 for just over a year, roomy, safe & comfortable on long trips, sporty and responsive as my 5 series BMW! I can tell those who had bad luck with the ML's, get a good mechanic and in the long run, yes it costs more to perform repairs/maint but not as often as many other cars, so it's a wash! One thing that shocked me was the low re-sale value, good for pre-owned shoppers!"

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"Bought my 2002 used. What an incredible vehicle. Looks good. Drives flawlessly. The sound system is amazing. Is very comfortable yet very solid and safe. Amazing power for a 6 Am always proud to be seen driving my ML."

Drives well--high maintainence

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"Nice driving/handling vehicle but flimsy/easily broken interior plastic parts/trim replacement is expensive out of warranty. Kind of a dog off the line with the 6 cylinder, and I've only ever been able to get 18mpg highway, in town 14mpg. But it's an incredibly safe vehicle--has 10(!) air bags, and hauls quite a bit of gear with the rear seats folded flat."

My third Benz and the best

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"Bought this used (it had been a lease)and here I am 6 years later, loving it still. Okay, it is expensive to fix but the comfort and the safety I feel is worth it. No major mechanical problems exccept one recall that I didn't pay for. Driving it in TX in the heat and it runs great. Towed a trailer from OR to TX w/o any problems and is the best car I have ever owned, altho my 1987 300D Turbo, still in the family, is running strong as well. Love, love, love my car. :)"