2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

7.8

Based on 385 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

After 11 years 183000 Miles, excellent. I love it!

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, mechanically reliable, spacious, comfy."

Cons: "17 MPG with 5.0 L engine."

"Other than the high gas consumption of this 5 liter monster, it is still driving and as comfy as new. Very mechanically reliable, and very powerful. I also love the space inside and the 3rd raw seats option. I'll keep it for as long as it runs!"

Since new cost a bit to be safe

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "Go anywhere safely."

Cons: "GPM Premium gas. Constant expensive service."

"This car has an amazing safe feeling and has proved itself over and over to be safe and reliable. Poor interior finish! Other than trim falling off, replacing door locks, seats that are in locked down position. Constant & Expensive non drive train services. This car went across country 4 round trips last year with out missing a beat. When it stops running it will be missed."

beware

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"I just hate this car, what a lemon. Although my family has now owned 12 Mercedes over the past 34 years, generally with great satisfaction, this car has proved to be the opposite of any previous MB experience. The 1999 ML430 was a my first new Mercedes-Benz and pleasure to drive off the lot, however after spending almost $50,000 for this lemon it has been the biggest mistake of my life. It has had major mechanical malfunctions without any warning 6 times which left my family stranded, needed towing and/or worse. The list of minor repairs seams endless. Numerous recalls. When contacting MBUSA, they either fail to respond to my complaints, ignore our correspondance or just hide the facts. My advice, buy a MB made before 1995 when the Mercedes brand meant quality and dependability."

GREAT 2001 ML 320

By on Friday, December 07, 2007

"MY 2001 ML 320 IS AN EXCELLENT CAR. I HAVE DRIVEN THIS CAR EVERYDAY SINCE NEW AND HAD 72K MILES CITY/HWY MILES COMBINED. I HAVE THE REGULAR SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE OF THIS CAR PERFORMED BY MY MERCEDES BENZ DEALER. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR. THAT IS BECAUSE I TAKE CARE OF THIS CAR. PROBLEMS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS CAUSED BY NEGLECTED CAR MAINTENANCE. MY ML IS VERY RELIABLE, FUN TO DRIVE, NICE INTERIOR/EXTERIOR WITH LOTS OF ROOM AND FEATURES. FRONT AND REAR AIR BAGS, PERFORMS GREAT AND GREAT VALUE. THE RIDE IS A BIT STIFF BUT VERY COMFORTABLE. THE ORIGINAL SET OF GENERAL TIRES LASTED 50K MILES. THE FRONT BRAKE PADS WAS REPLACED AT 45K AND REAR PADS AT 62K. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE ML. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD NEW BUY A CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED ML WITH LOW MILEAGE AND EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM A MERCEDES BENZ DEALER AND YOU WILL BE DRIVING WORRY FREE AND SAVE MONEY ON DEPRECIATION."

sadly disappointed

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"We have had this vehicle 3 years and it has been in the shop more times than I can count. Thank goodness for the warranty !! Service is an issue since there is only one dealer in the area that works on Merz :( Might be nice to say you own a Mercedes if it spent more time on the road and less in the shop."