1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

7.8

Based on 391 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

once u go german u don't go back

By on Friday, March 26, 2010

"It runs great, the only problem was having to get a new key. The old keyless entry stopped working and a new key is not cheap, about 200.00 dollars. In addition breaks are expensive. However the vehicle was made to go longer inbetween oil changes, breaks and tuneups, so the cost averages out to be the same of a normal vehicle. Also gas is not that bad. I drove 700 miles and kept it above a half a tank. With gas at 2.60 a gal the 700 miles cost me 75 dollars. I did not go above 60mph though, I was in Michigan UP on 2 for hours and in the back part of Wisconsin, the speed limit through there is 55mph. It was a long trip but the SUV was very comfortable. This vehicle is good value, you can buy a chevy suburban for the same price and the suburban will break down 100,000 miles before the Mercedes. Not to mention the suburban would cost more in gas. I just think that the price for a key should be less and the price for a few other things on the mercedes."

Vonhdabar

By on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"1998 ML320 Just drove from Boston to Longboat Key. At 85 mph I got 22.5 MPG! This beast is about to turn 170,000 miles. I expect to get an additional 100,000 miles with regular full synthetic oil changes Only wish M.B. had included a transmission dip stick Buy your parts on line and save Very comfortable lots of room for me and my 2 dogs"

Too many mechancial problems

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"I have owned my SUV since 2003 and spent way too much money on cosmetic and mechancial problems. The drivers seat came apart, the fabric peeled off of the window post, and numerous mechancial issues that are not your general maintenance. I have spent $1200 since September on non maintenance repairs, along with others in the last 4 years and was told this week that I am needing a $2000 repair. I thought that MB were reliable with less maintenance, what a joke. Never again will I own one."

Best Car Ever!

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"I love my ML320 I've driven over 100,000 miles in it. It is very good off road with the 4x4. But at the same time its a Mercedes-Benz. I like how it has a removable 3rd seat incase i need to seat 7. I would very much recomend this car to most people!"

Best Vehicle I have owned

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"I purchased my 2003 ML350 3 years ago. It was a 24 month lease return with just over 20000 miles. 3 years and 45 thousand miles later this little truck is still driving like new. I have added a towing hitch. I regularly tow a desert truck with an atv mounted on the truck, Combined the weigh is about 3500 pounds. The little V6 tow with ease at highway speed of 75mph. It still has the OEM tires. Last time they were rotated I was told that the tires had about 35% of their life left. The only things that I have done to the ML are A and B services, replaced the front roters at 45000 miles when the front and rear brakes were replaced, replaced brake fluid, replace coolant and had a power stearing line break(recall item). Oh yea and here in AZ the land of high insurace prices the ML is very cheap to insure. I don't know why. I forgot I also had to straighen the tire rack, it got bent while off-road, coming off a mountain it got hung up on a large rock."

Love affair with my car!!

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Love driving this vehicle--and feel very safe with the little ones in it. Even after 6 years, it is tight and hugs the road. Gas mileage is not so great, but am willing to give up a few dimes for the great ride. Would definitely buy another. Have replaced the brakes once and a wheel sensor once. Have kept up the regular maintanence and service checks."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"99 ML430. Vehicle does many things very well. Excellent long distance cruiser, good off road, tows well, amazing in the snow. Seats fold completely flat, combined with tall roof make for huge cargo space. Luxurious enough for a formal night out, then go play in the mud the next day. No more or less reliable than any other premium luxury car. Bad side: Brake jobs expensive at dealer, poor interior materials, but they've held up well, wind noise, Avg 17mpg. 150K and still truckin. I'll keep this Benz a while."

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"This is my second ML and I'll surely own another. I've driven 94000 miles and had no mechanical issues other than routine maintenance, 1 set of brakes and 2 sets of tires. It still drives tight and feels solid. I usually get bored with my cars after a few months but can't say that about this car or the 99 ML 320 that I had"

The best secret

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"I really didn't expect the ML to be as good as it is. I previously owned an X5 and was marginally impressed with the car overall. The ML ride is perhaps the first thing that surprised me followed by relibality and overall comfort. If there is any dissapointing feature it is with a doubt the fuel economy. I average about 15.9 mpg in suburban driving which is really not that bad but it isn't anything to shout about either. Oh, another negative (and I'm being picky) is the weak headlamps. While, again, not a deal breaker, it sure isn't the highlight of the vehicle. All things considered though it's a solid car with a soft and quiet ride that has an unbelivable traction and stability system. I tow a 5000 pound boat and launch it in a steep gravel/sand boat ramp without a care. Finally, it's a great car that's had no mechanical failures or excessive maintainence issues like expensive brakes, etc. It's a great buy as a used car with unequaled quality."

Great Road trip vehicle.

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

"I really enjoy this ML320 on road trips. So comfortable and heated seats. Plenty of room for everything. It has a sterling reliability record with me at least. I have hauled stuff that should have been in my Sport Trac, fertilizer and dirt(in bags). Well, we loaded it with Pine Straw once and got about 12 bales in it. I don't reccomend this as it was a chore cleaning it out, then again, it is a body on frame truck. I have had other MBs before and they seemed to like the shop, but not this one, RELIABLE. And it is fun off road, actually quit a cushy off roader, but it is capable on all you throw at it. I highly recommend a 02 or newer ML320 to anyone."