1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

7.8

Based on 393 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Purchased my 2001 ML320 new and had all maintenance done on schedule at dealership. Loved the car, the ride, everything. But once it fell out of warranty had all the named problems: fuel sensors, window regulators, brakes, brakes, brakes, engine light, broken arm on moonroof. Traded in because I was fearful of the electrical diagnostic and costs. Every time I see one, I want to get another, but just leary of maintenance issues. Also, like another reviewer comment, service guy at dealership said he'd never own an M Class because of issues he sees everyday. Got Acura MDX reliable as the day is long, but a much bigger vehicle."

GOOD CAR BUT A FEW PROBLEMS

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "GOOD IN SNOW, COMFORTABLE FOR LONG TRIPS"

Cons: "RUST, POOR GAS MILEAGE"

"I HAVE OWNED THIS CAR SINCE 2008 AND BOUGHT IT WITH 80,000 MILES ON IT. I HAVE REPAIRED A FEW THINGS LIKE 2 OXYGEN SENSORS AND REPLACED THE BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH TWICE, BUT OVERALL WITH RELIABILITY I HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS. IT IS A GREAT CAR. AT AROUND 100,000 MILES, RUST STARTED SHOWING UP BY THE WHEELS. IT IS AWD, SO IT DOES WASTE MORE GAS. I AM GETTING ABOUT 14 CITY AND 19-20 HWY. IT IS A 13 YEAR OLD CAR, SO THINK ABOUT THAT. IT IS GREAT IN THE SNOW, NEVER GOT STUCK ANYWHERE. GREAT PERFORMANCE FOR A 3.2 LITER. TREAT THE CAR WITH FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL AND PREMIUM GAS, WHICH I ALWAYS HAVE. AND THIS CAR WILL LAST YOU A LONG TIME. I HAVE TO CHANGE SOME TIE ROD ENDS RIGHT NOW, BUT I MEAN THE CAR HAS 130,000 MILES AND THEY ARE ORIGINAL."

I love my ML430

By on Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"My Ml is a tank. I love it. Burns more gas than I like but well built and reliable. I just had an accident where I ran over a large cement block that had fallen from a truck at 45MPH The ML rolled over it, causing damage to the underside of the floor and door. Nothing wrong with the frame or driveline. Another car would have been road-kill. If you can find one for under $10K with less than 100K miles - BUY IT!"

best and practical car ever

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "reliability, performance, style, comfort"

"140,000 miles withot any major repair other than brakes, fluids changes and maintenances requirements, with long trips around the country including Canada. Extremely reliable, lot of power and traction, great performance, very safe/secure, all amenities,comfort and requirements for long winter or summers trips."

I love this Car

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Love it"

Cons: "Pricey"

"I love this car. It is the first car I have ever owned that I would go back and buy another one. I guess its true once you drive a Mercedes you never go back. I would highly recommend to anyone who want a SUV that drives like a sports car with plenty of power."