2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,590 - $35,783.

Invoice N/A

10/6.7

Based on 107 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Great GLK

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "Great visibility with smooth quiet ride."

Cons: "Some lack of storage in the glove box."

"Worth the wait for the 2013 model changes. Interior is far superior to prior year models. Luxurious, quite and smooth ride even with the 20" wheels. Acceleration in economy mode will start in 2nd gear for fuel savings. Under normal driving conditions, it performs superbly. If I need additional acceleration, I switch to sport mode and the GLK starts in 1st gear adding more torque and quicker acceleration. In ECO mode, the engine will shut off during stops and restart when the brake is released with no interference in acceleration and is almost unrecognizable. If AC is adjusting temperature in Auto mode, providing AC comfort takes priority over engine shut down at stops. All electrical functions are normal. Keyless is great. The only way you can lock keys in car is by using the lock function on the automatic tail gate...dealer said you could never lock keys in car until he did with the tailgate. MBrace unlocked the car. Drove an Audi for 6 years and loved it until I got to 100,000 miles then the car began to break down. Drove the Q5. Sporty, but noisy 2.0 and 3.2 had nothing to offer. Don't believe the man behind the curtain in Consumer Reports. Compare the cars yourself. MB GLK is fabulous. New Pebble Gray with cream and brown interior with pleny of dash wood. Seating in the rear is just as adequate as Audi. Dual sunroofs are filtered for less heat. Less expensive Becker Nav is great. Knob manipulation less complicated than Audi or Lexus. Used USAA Car Buying program and got a great deal. You will enjoy the new GLK!"

5200 miles in since 06/2013, so far so good

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, torque, practicality, fit and finish"

Cons: "Rearview camera, push button start should be std"

"Have been driving the GLK250 since the end of June '13 and have had no major complaints so far. Zero problems (mechanical or electrical) encountered and it's simply a solid vehicle overall. Have been averaging 30-31 MPG after 5 fill-ups in 80/20 Hwy/City driving. That's from my own mileage calculations but frankly the on-board trip computer is not too far off (within 0.5-1MPG accuracy). I'm not exactly a lead-foot but I don't drive like a granny either (I'm 28 years old). This thing just eats road imperfection for lunch - I live in the NE region so there is plenty of that around. Can't wait to test out the 4Matic performance in the snow in another month or so. Favorite Features TORQUE - loads of it (369 ft.lbs) from 1800rpm and up. This makes the car feel much peppier than it actually is (only 200HP for a 4200lb car). This is my first diesel and I'm already addicted. Fuel economy is just awesome for a vehicle this size. Transmission is very smooth - shifts are almost undetectable. (The 9-speed currently being developed should be even better when it debuts within the next year or two.) Column shifter seemed very ancient at first but then I started enjoying the extra space made available because of that. Suggested Improvements Brakes seem little soft, backseats could use a bit more room, rearview camera and push-button start should come standard, navigation/infotainment system is in dire need of an overhaul/upgrade, both visually AND functionally. Power liftgate and pano roof should be selectable a la carte instead of being bundled with an expensive package. Wish it didn't come with run flats (or, in MB terms, Extended Mobility tires) but the ride is perfectly acceptable to me (I tend to prefer a stiffer ride). They are just expensive to replace down the road."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "stylish, comfortable and great driving vehicle."

Cons: "expensive to service"

"I love this vehicle. I recently purchased it in December after owning the same vehicle without 4matic (not wise in michigan). The ease of driving this vehicle is amazing. It is so easy to maneuver. It is stylish while still being practical for me, a mom with 3 kids to cart around. I like the GL too, but the GLK was a better choice for us at this time, and I am really happy with it. I only wish that it was a standard option to plug in devices to the speakers as it is with most economy vehicles, but that is a manufacturing complaint, not specific to this vehicle. The options are easy to use, and the Blue tooth is great for someone like me that works a lot out of the vehicle. I've driven it all over the country and the gas mileage was great, and it was a comfortable ride the whole way down. Every time I get ready to step into this vehicle I get excited to drive again! Beware though, that you get what you pay for, so be prepared for everything to be more $- but it's worth it!"

Hardly no problems

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Overall driving, pick up, handling"

"Good driver leg room, lots of space in rear, great acceleration, very enjoyable car"

Excellent performance

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

"Excellent acceleration Excellent braking Excellent response. Only short coming.Backseat space & tight entrance"