2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Based on 108 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

So Far so good

By on Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Bought car for my wife and she loves it. She has 20,000 miles on it with now issues. It has been serviced by dealer as schueled so far the cost has been 800.00 Only issue I have is the back seat room. Glad I do not have to sit back there."

Glick

By on Friday, June 18, 2010

"In its class for the money, it's a best in show and value."

By on Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Rides like an R-Class but quieter. Handles like a C-class sport on the road and quck as a rabbit (the animal not the car)"

By on Friday, June 04, 2010

"my 5th mercedes and i think will be my favorite. only complaint is tight leg room in back seat"

By on Monday, April 05, 2010

A sweet ride in, a boat to drive

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Ride, cute exterior, old-school luxury interior"

Cons: "Throttle response, fuel economy"

"This is actually my mother's car (I drive a brand that begins with a P), but I've driven it frequently enough to form an impression. Reliability seems to have been a non-issue over 2 years, although a front suspension/shock groan has surfaced recently. The Mercedes-Benz hallmarks are all here. Cabin is impressively stiff and isolated for the price. Doors shut with a sound that whispers money. 80 mph feels like 50. And so on. Car has the Premium Package w/ Nav, getting typical toys like power tailgate and rear camera. Synthetic seats are a tad rubbery, but TOUGH as nails and do not appear to wear at all. Wood trim and silver accents are old-world-elegant, and the interior is generally angular and conservative. These are what keep my mother going back to the brand. Very Benzo. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end. It doesn't seem to be any more frugal than the ML350 that it replaced, struggling to reach 23 mpg highway despite weighing 800 lbs less than the ML. Throttle response of a fishing boat. The rudder...it's a rudder. Suspension is very soft and not even well-damped. The car begs for straight lines. Don't think about off-roading with those delicate 19" wheels, which are pretty but a nightmare to clean. Overall, best experienced from the [front] passenger seat. Back seat is tight."

Great GLK

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "Great visibility with smooth quiet ride."

Cons: "Some lack of storage in the glove box."

"Worth the wait for the 2013 model changes. Interior is far superior to prior year models. Luxurious, quite and smooth ride even with the 20" wheels. Acceleration in economy mode will start in 2nd gear for fuel savings. Under normal driving conditions, it performs superbly. If I need additional acceleration, I switch to sport mode and the GLK starts in 1st gear adding more torque and quicker acceleration. In ECO mode, the engine will shut off during stops and restart when the brake is released with no interference in acceleration and is almost unrecognizable. If AC is adjusting temperature in Auto mode, providing AC comfort takes priority over engine shut down at stops. All electrical functions are normal. Keyless is great. The only way you can lock keys in car is by using the lock function on the automatic tail gate...dealer said you could never lock keys in car until he did with the tailgate. MBrace unlocked the car. Drove an Audi for 6 years and loved it until I got to 100,000 miles then the car began to break down. Drove the Q5. Sporty, but noisy 2.0 and 3.2 had nothing to offer. Don't believe the man behind the curtain in Consumer Reports. Compare the cars yourself. MB GLK is fabulous. New Pebble Gray with cream and brown interior with pleny of dash wood. Seating in the rear is just as adequate as Audi. Dual sunroofs are filtered for less heat. Less expensive Becker Nav is great. Knob manipulation less complicated than Audi or Lexus. Used USAA Car Buying program and got a great deal. You will enjoy the new GLK!"

Love the car with one major exception - ECO

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive perfect size for me."

Cons: "ECO Stop/Start Awful"

"Had a 10 and traded it for an ML350, the interior was very lacking but the 13 interior is much improved. It is a perfect size for me and a pleasure to drive would rate it highly except for ECO Stop/Start system. I drive Company Hybrids that do this all the time and it is truly not noticeable however the GLK is. It can be switched off but ECO defaults on every time you start the car and this setting can't be changed. Unless this default is changed I would not recommend the GLK."

5200 miles in since 06/2013, so far so good

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, torque, practicality, fit and finish"

Cons: "Rearview camera, push button start should be std"

"Have been driving the GLK250 since the end of June '13 and have had no major complaints so far. Zero problems (mechanical or electrical) encountered and it's simply a solid vehicle overall. Have been averaging 30-31 MPG after 5 fill-ups in 80/20 Hwy/City driving. That's from my own mileage calculations but frankly the on-board trip computer is not too far off (within 0.5-1MPG accuracy). I'm not exactly a lead-foot but I don't drive like a granny either (I'm 28 years old). This thing just eats road imperfection for lunch - I live in the NE region so there is plenty of that around. Can't wait to test out the 4Matic performance in the snow in another month or so. Favorite Features TORQUE - loads of it (369 ft.lbs) from 1800rpm and up. This makes the car feel much peppier than it actually is (only 200HP for a 4200lb car). This is my first diesel and I'm already addicted. Fuel economy is just awesome for a vehicle this size. Transmission is very smooth - shifts are almost undetectable. (The 9-speed currently being developed should be even better when it debuts within the next year or two.) Column shifter seemed very ancient at first but then I started enjoying the extra space made available because of that. Suggested Improvements Brakes seem little soft, backseats could use a bit more room, rearview camera and push-button start should come standard, navigation/infotainment system is in dire need of an overhaul/upgrade, both visually AND functionally. Power liftgate and pano roof should be selectable a la carte instead of being bundled with an expensive package. Wish it didn't come with run flats (or, in MB terms, Extended Mobility tires) but the ride is perfectly acceptable to me (I tend to prefer a stiffer ride). They are just expensive to replace down the road."

Great overall package

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "handling, interior, bluetooth features, ride, eco"

Cons: "can be a bit pricey, needs more cargo space"

"The combination of quality, luxury and comfort makes for a great overall package. It drives like a car but provides more space and versatility. It wont blow you away with its mileage but what it gets is respectable for the 300+ hp it gives you. It is an incredibly smooth driving machine. The eco stop start feature has far exceeded my expectations. I thought I would be able to notice it every time the motor shuts off but if the radio is playing and you go straight from brake to throttle it takes off without a hitch. However in stop and go traffic it is noticeable. However, with the touch of one button you can shut it off. It handles beautifully in poor weather. The blue tooth connectivity works flawlessly likewise with the audio streaming. Great features! Much better interface than my Chevrolets. If you forgo on many of the "extra" options and just get what you want, it can prove to be a very good value for the combination of quality and luxury that it provides. Overall a great buying decision I feel. Very close to purchasing an Infiniti but I am very happy with the decision I made."

Expensive Trouble

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"The car smoked after driving in a heavy rain. After 3 months, the oil leaked in my garage. The dealer fixed "under warranty" but I hope "it" (leaking oil) will not happen again???"

Buy the extended warrenty

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "nice looking car that is fun to drive"

Cons: "not reliable."

"Most of my driving is long distance (1 to 8 hours a trip) with very little stop and go city driving. Valve cover leak that had to be repaired 3 times before they got it right (45k). Transfer case leak at 49k. Constant bulb burnout in all lights (at least 3 times in the front lights and 6 in the tail lights). at 80k I'm now told I need a new transmission/transfer box at $6,000+. To top it off my seat belt stopped working two days ago. Not a very reliable vehicle. I expected better of a MB as a first (and last) time buyer. If you buy it make sure you purchase the extended warranty."

best their is out there

By on Sunday, July 25, 2010

"Love everything about this vehicle, handling, looks etc. but most of all how safe it is. I had an accident at about 45mph involving a Toyota SUV and had $1400.00 in damage while the Toyota had to sent to the junkyard as it was completly demolished. Better safe than sorry."

Amazing Vehicle, Amazing Lease Deals

By on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pros: "QUALITY, RIDE,COMFORT, ROOMY,EXCEPTIONAL LEASE PROGRAMS"

Cons: "STILL INTIMIDATED BY THE VOICE COMMAND/NAV SYSTEM"

"Solid, Quiet, Powerful, Beautiful. Tested the Audi Q5 and the Lincoln MKX. Audi was overpriced, the engined sounded bad on acceleration and Audi leases could not compare to the MBZ lease program...over $100/month difference for same options, similar MSRP. Internet shopping is the best way to go. I got the loaded model and almost all the accessories are a breeze. The nav system requires some "getting used too" and the German technology is not as user-friendly as Japanese technology."

Best Benz I've ever driven

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Fun responsive smooth ride perfect size"

Cons: "Just trying to lower payments"

"Had a S-550 before an ML 350 and 2 SLK 350 and by far the best! Handles like a dream in snow, slush even on ice it out performed the ML!"

Love my 2nd GLK

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Excellent visibility"

Cons: "Back seat slightly tight"

"Had the 2011 and was looking to possibly switch to Audi Q5 or a BMW x3 , after test driving both alternative vehicles , I received a call from my dealer that the new vehicles were in and ready for test drives. I checked out the Glk350, BLK/BLK Lighting Package / AMG Styling and 20" Rims and freaking fell in the love with the car all over again. Absolutely, love the fact I stayed with Mercedes , the new improvements are well done and noticed. Highly recommend this car, if you don't have kids, my 80lbs dog fits in the back just fine so we're cool :)"

I love this car! Practical, beautiful, fun to driv

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive, solid, beautiful, durable"

Cons: "doppler effect with open windows!"

"This is my first Mercedes, and I scraped the bottom of my piggy bank to afford it. Friends had told me this would be very expensive to own and operate. They were wrong. Except for standard maintenance, which I've been very thorough about, the car has been reliable and a joy to own. There are very few drawbacks...a little tight for room, some of the compartments quirky, I'm not crazy about the center console, and it took me a while to figure out a few of the features. But overall it was a very sound investment, it's holding its value beautifully, it's safe, solid, and a little sexy. Can't ask for more, and I've driven it very hard, including 4 trips to and from California. It's great in all weather, including, recently, lots of snow and ice....I will drive this little beauty til the wheels fall off :-)"

Traded GL450 for GLK350

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Downsized to GLK350 from GL450. Both great cars, but I forgot how much fun it is to drive a smaller, tighter, more nimble car. And by car, I mean the GLK350 corners well and is very easy to maneuver. Who says size doesn't matter? Great SUV and still a Mercedes!"

Flexible, Fast, Fun

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Electronics is outstanding, powerful,"

"I have owned this SUV for one year and would recommend it to anyone. You feel like you are driving a sports car with its power and suspension. I bought this SUV for the winter months, my summer car is a Porsche Turbo Carrera."

THE BLACK PRINCESS- GLK

By on Thursday, August 27, 2009

"I LOVE MY NEW GLK. I HAD IT FOR THREE MONTHS AND EVERYDAY PEOPLE JUST LOOK AT THE BLACK PRINCESS(IT'S BLACK WITH BLACK INTERIOR)IT'S A VERY NICE COMPACT SUV.I'M SOOOOOO HAPPY I THANK GOD EVERYDAY FOR GIVING ME THE HEALTH AND STRENGTH TO PAY FOR IT.JUST GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Love my GLK - but now that baby is on the way...

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Great handling!"

Cons: "Car seat will not fit in the back!"

"I LOVE my GLK - I have always drove mercedes and purchased my GLK in 2011. All of my mercedes have always been dependable and no issues. The GLK is not large enough in the backseat for my car seat so I will have to trade!!!! My C Class had more room in the backseat than the GLK!"

Great deal

By on Saturday, May 01, 2010

"For mid size SUVs this vehicle definatly exceeds all in it's class and for the price you cannot beat having this vehicle!"

overly priced maintaining maintainence to expensi

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "not please at all"

Cons: "maintaining vehicle is to expensive be careful"

"have had to many major expense in maintaining vehicle. 3to$400.00 for oil and oil filter service. had to replace tires at only 30000 miles at an expense of $1000.00. now at 50000miles we started getting a bumping noise now they said we had to have new wheels because of out or roundness another $1000.00 it has just been one thing after another with this vehicle. just took it in for the oil change and now the dealer says it needs the transmission serviced that would cost another $1200.00."

It's a Benz! Has a real quality feel.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive almost car like. Very comfortable."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage in the city plus uses premium gas"

"Solid car with good pickup. It's quicker than it looks. Very comfortable ride. Handles very well for an SUV. Has a lot of nice features. Highway mileage is pretty good. City mileage is poor. Fit and finish is very good. It's a sweet ride!"

Great visibility, excellent gas mileage

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

"Perfect size. Large enough to carry my 110 lb labradoodle and yet easy to handle, great visibilty and terrific gas mileage for an SUV. Plus the quality and creature features offered by Mercedes. I typically buy a new car every 2 years but won't be trading this one in for a while. Love it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class near Honolulu. See local deals