• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Based on 95 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Great size SUV!!

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Size, Highway gas Mileage, handling, smooth ride"

Cons: "City gas mileage, DVD not good, no memory card"

"This is a great size SUV which can fit a 6’ person comfortably in the front or back seating area. Gets good highway gas mileage, handles great and has a smooth ride. City gas mileage is not so good in hot climate. My GLK had better city gas mileage in Hawaii then it has in Texas. Sound system is great, but you should get the six pack CD player if you drive a lot (DVD doesn’t work while driving). Also memory card and backup assist is not standard, but it should be."

A sweet ride in, a boat to drive

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Ride, cute exterior, old-school luxury interior"

Cons: "Throttle response, fuel economy"

"This is actually my mother's car (I drive a brand that begins with a P), but I've driven it frequently enough to form an impression. Reliability seems to have been a non-issue over 2 years, although a front suspension/shock groan has surfaced recently. The Mercedes-Benz hallmarks are all here. Cabin is impressively stiff and isolated for the price. Doors shut with a sound that whispers money. 80 mph feels like 50. And so on. Car has the Premium Package w/ Nav, getting typical toys like power tailgate and rear camera. Synthetic seats are a tad rubbery, but TOUGH as nails and do not appear to wear at all. Wood trim and silver accents are old-world-elegant, and the interior is generally angular and conservative. These are what keep my mother going back to the brand. Very Benzo. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end. It doesn't seem to be any more frugal than the ML350 that it replaced, struggling to reach 23 mpg highway despite weighing 800 lbs less than the ML. Throttle response of a fishing boat. The rudder...it's a rudder. Suspension is very soft and not even well-damped. The car begs for straight lines. Don't think about off-roading with those delicate 19" wheels, which are pretty but a nightmare to clean. Overall, best experienced from the [front] passenger seat. Back seat is tight."

Buy the extended warrenty

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "nice looking car that is fun to drive"

Cons: "not reliable."

"Most of my driving is long distance (1 to 8 hours a trip) with very little stop and go city driving. Valve cover leak that had to be repaired 3 times before they got it right (45k). Transfer case leak at 49k. Constant bulb burnout in all lights (at least 3 times in the front lights and 6 in the tail lights). at 80k I'm now told I need a new transmission/transfer box at $6,000+. To top it off my seat belt stopped working two days ago. Not a very reliable vehicle. I expected better of a MB as a first (and last) time buyer. If you buy it make sure you purchase the extended warranty."

Love the car with one major exception - ECO

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive perfect size for me."

Cons: "ECO Stop/Start Awful"

"Had a 10 and traded it for an ML350, the interior was very lacking but the 13 interior is much improved. It is a perfect size for me and a pleasure to drive would rate it highly except for ECO Stop/Start system. I drive Company Hybrids that do this all the time and it is truly not noticeable however the GLK is. It can be switched off but ECO defaults on every time you start the car and this setting can't be changed. Unless this default is changed I would not recommend the GLK."

Great overall package

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "handling, interior, bluetooth features, ride, eco"

Cons: "can be a bit pricey, needs more cargo space"

"The combination of quality, luxury and comfort makes for a great overall package. It drives like a car but provides more space and versatility. It wont blow you away with its mileage but what it gets is respectable for the 300+ hp it gives you. It is an incredibly smooth driving machine. The eco stop start feature has far exceeded my expectations. I thought I would be able to notice it every time the motor shuts off but if the radio is playing and you go straight from brake to throttle it takes off without a hitch. However in stop and go traffic it is noticeable. However, with the touch of one button you can shut it off. It handles beautifully in poor weather. The blue tooth connectivity works flawlessly likewise with the audio streaming. Great features! Much better interface than my Chevrolets. If you forgo on many of the "extra" options and just get what you want, it can prove to be a very good value for the combination of quality and luxury that it provides. Overall a great buying decision I feel. Very close to purchasing an Infiniti but I am very happy with the decision I made."

GLK 350 4 Matic is a super car

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Cons: "Back seat leg room little congested..."

"I love my GLK 350 very good at snow, rain & mountains...I stunned while I am driving in the snow very stubborn, good power n smooth driving..."

Love my 2nd GLK

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Excellent visibility"

Cons: "Back seat slightly tight"

"Had the 2011 and was looking to possibly switch to Audi Q5 or a BMW x3 , after test driving both alternative vehicles , I received a call from my dealer that the new vehicles were in and ready for test drives. I checked out the Glk350, BLK/BLK Lighting Package / AMG Styling and 20" Rims and freaking fell in the love with the car all over again. Absolutely, love the fact I stayed with Mercedes , the new improvements are well done and noticed. Highly recommend this car, if you don't have kids, my 80lbs dog fits in the back just fine so we're cool :)"

Best small luxury SUV

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "excellent apprarance, and interior, smooth ride"

Cons: "smaller back seat space compare to ML350"

"I was debating of getting the Mecedes ML350 or Lexus Rx350 or this Mercedes GL350. After driving Mercedes vs Lexus, I fall in love with Mercedes GL350. It rides so smoothly and the interior is such a beauty that the other 2 cars can't compare. I own a Toyota previously and now I think I am go gears German car. The material is more solid, heavy but rides nice and smoothly. Yes, the back seat is smaller than ML350 but same as Lexus rx350. Overall I love this car."

MERCEDES BENZ GLK 350 MATIC

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

color-gray LOADED with/extras

"THIS MERCEDES SUV IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION! LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE IT IS BRAND NEW! BECAUSE IT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION THIS SUV COMES WITH AN EXTRA CPO 50,000 MILE WARRENTY WHICH IS TRANSFERABLE. HOW GOOD DOES IT GET."

color-gray LOADED with/extras

Great GLK

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "Great visibility with smooth quiet ride."

Cons: "Some lack of storage in the glove box."

"Worth the wait for the 2013 model changes. Interior is far superior to prior year models. Luxurious, quite and smooth ride even with the 20" wheels. Acceleration in economy mode will start in 2nd gear for fuel savings. Under normal driving conditions, it performs superbly. If I need additional acceleration, I switch to sport mode and the GLK starts in 1st gear adding more torque and quicker acceleration. In ECO mode, the engine will shut off during stops and restart when the brake is released with no interference in acceleration and is almost unrecognizable. If AC is adjusting temperature in Auto mode, providing AC comfort takes priority over engine shut down at stops. All electrical functions are normal. Keyless is great. The only way you can lock keys in car is by using the lock function on the automatic tail gate...dealer said you could never lock keys in car until he did with the tailgate. MBrace unlocked the car. Drove an Audi for 6 years and loved it until I got to 100,000 miles then the car began to break down. Drove the Q5. Sporty, but noisy 2.0 and 3.2 had nothing to offer. Don't believe the man behind the curtain in Consumer Reports. Compare the cars yourself. MB GLK is fabulous. New Pebble Gray with cream and brown interior with pleny of dash wood. Seating in the rear is just as adequate as Audi. Dual sunroofs are filtered for less heat. Less expensive Becker Nav is great. Knob manipulation less complicated than Audi or Lexus. Used USAA Car Buying program and got a great deal. You will enjoy the new GLK!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class near Honolulu. See local deals