2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great size SUV!!

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Size, Highway gas Mileage, handling, smooth ride"

Cons: "City gas mileage, DVD not good, no memory card"

"This is a great size SUV which can fit a 6’ person comfortably in the front or back seating area. Gets good highway gas mileage, handles great and has a smooth ride. City gas mileage is not so good in hot climate. My GLK had better city gas mileage in Hawaii then it has in Texas. Sound system is great, but you should get the six pack CD player if you drive a lot (DVD doesn’t work while driving). Also memory card and backup assist is not standard, but it should be."

A sweet ride in, a boat to drive

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Ride, cute exterior, old-school luxury interior"

Cons: "Throttle response, fuel economy"

"This is actually my mother's car (I drive a brand that begins with a P), but I've driven it frequently enough to form an impression. Reliability seems to have been a non-issue over 2 years, although a front suspension/shock groan has surfaced recently. The Mercedes-Benz hallmarks are all here. Cabin is impressively stiff and isolated for the price. Doors shut with a sound that whispers money. 80 mph feels like 50. And so on. Car has the Premium Package w/ Nav, getting typical toys like power tailgate and rear camera. Synthetic seats are a tad rubbery, but TOUGH as nails and do not appear to wear at all. Wood trim and silver accents are old-world-elegant, and the interior is generally angular and conservative. These are what keep my mother going back to the brand. Very Benzo. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end. It doesn't seem to be any more frugal than the ML350 that it replaced, struggling to reach 23 mpg highway despite weighing 800 lbs less than the ML. Throttle response of a fishing boat. The rudder...it's a rudder. Suspension is very soft and not even well-damped. The car begs for straight lines. Don't think about off-roading with those delicate 19" wheels, which are pretty but a nightmare to clean. Overall, best experienced from the [front] passenger seat. Back seat is tight."

Buy the extended warrenty

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "nice looking car that is fun to drive"

Cons: "not reliable."

"Most of my driving is long distance (1 to 8 hours a trip) with very little stop and go city driving. Valve cover leak that had to be repaired 3 times before they got it right (45k). Transfer case leak at 49k. Constant bulb burnout in all lights (at least 3 times in the front lights and 6 in the tail lights). at 80k I'm now told I need a new transmission/transfer box at $6,000+. To top it off my seat belt stopped working two days ago. Not a very reliable vehicle. I expected better of a MB as a first (and last) time buyer. If you buy it make sure you purchase the extended warranty."

Love the car with one major exception - ECO

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive perfect size for me."

Cons: "ECO Stop/Start Awful"

"Had a 10 and traded it for an ML350, the interior was very lacking but the 13 interior is much improved. It is a perfect size for me and a pleasure to drive would rate it highly except for ECO Stop/Start system. I drive Company Hybrids that do this all the time and it is truly not noticeable however the GLK is. It can be switched off but ECO defaults on every time you start the car and this setting can't be changed. Unless this default is changed I would not recommend the GLK."

Great overall package

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "handling, interior, bluetooth features, ride, eco"

Cons: "can be a bit pricey, needs more cargo space"

"The combination of quality, luxury and comfort makes for a great overall package. It drives like a car but provides more space and versatility. It wont blow you away with its mileage but what it gets is respectable for the 300+ hp it gives you. It is an incredibly smooth driving machine. The eco stop start feature has far exceeded my expectations. I thought I would be able to notice it every time the motor shuts off but if the radio is playing and you go straight from brake to throttle it takes off without a hitch. However in stop and go traffic it is noticeable. However, with the touch of one button you can shut it off. It handles beautifully in poor weather. The blue tooth connectivity works flawlessly likewise with the audio streaming. Great features! Much better interface than my Chevrolets. If you forgo on many of the "extra" options and just get what you want, it can prove to be a very good value for the combination of quality and luxury that it provides. Overall a great buying decision I feel. Very close to purchasing an Infiniti but I am very happy with the decision I made."

GLK 350 4 Matic is a super car

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Cons: "Back seat leg room little congested..."

"I love my GLK 350 very good at snow, rain & mountains...I stunned while I am driving in the snow very stubborn, good power n smooth driving..."

Love my 2nd GLK

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Excellent visibility"

Cons: "Back seat slightly tight"

"Had the 2011 and was looking to possibly switch to Audi Q5 or a BMW x3 , after test driving both alternative vehicles , I received a call from my dealer that the new vehicles were in and ready for test drives. I checked out the Glk350, BLK/BLK Lighting Package / AMG Styling and 20" Rims and freaking fell in the love with the car all over again. Absolutely, love the fact I stayed with Mercedes , the new improvements are well done and noticed. Highly recommend this car, if you don't have kids, my 80lbs dog fits in the back just fine so we're cool :)"

Best small luxury SUV

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "excellent apprarance, and interior, smooth ride"

Cons: "smaller back seat space compare to ML350"

"I was debating of getting the Mecedes ML350 or Lexus Rx350 or this Mercedes GL350. After driving Mercedes vs Lexus, I fall in love with Mercedes GL350. It rides so smoothly and the interior is such a beauty that the other 2 cars can't compare. I own a Toyota previously and now I think I am go gears German car. The material is more solid, heavy but rides nice and smoothly. Yes, the back seat is smaller than ML350 but same as Lexus rx350. Overall I love this car."

MERCEDES BENZ GLK 350 MATIC

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

color-gray LOADED with/extras

"THIS MERCEDES SUV IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION! LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE IT IS BRAND NEW! BECAUSE IT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION THIS SUV COMES WITH AN EXTRA CPO 50,000 MILE WARRENTY WHICH IS TRANSFERABLE. HOW GOOD DOES IT GET."

color-gray LOADED with/extras

Great GLK

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "Great visibility with smooth quiet ride."

Cons: "Some lack of storage in the glove box."

"Worth the wait for the 2013 model changes. Interior is far superior to prior year models. Luxurious, quite and smooth ride even with the 20" wheels. Acceleration in economy mode will start in 2nd gear for fuel savings. Under normal driving conditions, it performs superbly. If I need additional acceleration, I switch to sport mode and the GLK starts in 1st gear adding more torque and quicker acceleration. In ECO mode, the engine will shut off during stops and restart when the brake is released with no interference in acceleration and is almost unrecognizable. If AC is adjusting temperature in Auto mode, providing AC comfort takes priority over engine shut down at stops. All electrical functions are normal. Keyless is great. The only way you can lock keys in car is by using the lock function on the automatic tail gate...dealer said you could never lock keys in car until he did with the tailgate. MBrace unlocked the car. Drove an Audi for 6 years and loved it until I got to 100,000 miles then the car began to break down. Drove the Q5. Sporty, but noisy 2.0 and 3.2 had nothing to offer. Don't believe the man behind the curtain in Consumer Reports. Compare the cars yourself. MB GLK is fabulous. New Pebble Gray with cream and brown interior with pleny of dash wood. Seating in the rear is just as adequate as Audi. Dual sunroofs are filtered for less heat. Less expensive Becker Nav is great. Knob manipulation less complicated than Audi or Lexus. Used USAA Car Buying program and got a great deal. You will enjoy the new GLK!"

Love it!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

"After years of owning large SUV's I did tons of research and decided on a smaller SUV. The joy is driving it. Only complaint is the back seat is tight and not enough storage overall BUT will give it all up just to have this car...drives like a dream and is super safe to boot. Buy it, you won't be sorry."

this is my favorite car ever

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

"We've leased our MB GLK for almost 18 months. It is my wife's car and she has already said she wants to keep it once the lease is up in another 18 months. We went with a kelly green exterior, tan interior, cold weather package, premium stereo with satellite. This car is built on the C class chassis so its handling is terrific. The sight-lines are excellent, the acceleration is what one would expect from a Benz, and it gets through the Massachusetts snow with ease (as did our C300). The only drawback for this vehicle is the gas mileage, which maxes out somewhere near 20 mpg. If you can afford a hybrid engine for this car, then I highly recommend doing so. That may be the only reason why we turn in our car at the end of the lease (at which point we would get another one with a hybrid or diesel engine). I only get to drive this car a couple of times each month and each time I do I am reminded of what an excellent car this is."

Good bargain for the money with lots of options.

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pros: "Great price, lots of options"

Cons: "Handling on curvey roads is fair."

"I have owned this SUV for about 3 months. It is a good bargain for the money; great driving comfort, good acceleration, and lots of options. I particularly love the way it breaks for you when you go down hill and provides extra torque while going up hill. I have not driven it on snowy roads yet, so cannot say much about the 4-matic peformance. To sum it all, it certainly does not handle like the BMW X3 but at the same time it is not as expensive. Great SUV for the budget driver."

Great

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "Reasonable price, lots of fun to own and drive"

Cons: "Not enough rear leg room."

"I love the styling and design of this SUV...my only complaint is the rear leg room...if the rear seat was adjustable or there was 2" more leg room it would be perfect for it's class of SUV."

Small luxury SUV for small price

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

"This is a lot of car for the money. My GLK has the standard setup plus single disc cd with nav and satellite radio. Heated front seats only real indulgence needed. You can spend another $10,000.00 on accessories, but why? This is the third new Mercedes I have owned (and have had four new BMW's) and this is easily the best value of the bunch. Feels as big in front as the X5 (though smaller in back), with excellent throttle response and handling. This is my wife's car, but I find myself driving it instead of my E350 Coupe. Nice car!"

Great car to lease

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Doesn't handle like a BMW, but it's plenty good."

"I love driving German cars, but I would never own one after a horrific experience with a 1998 ML 320. But, I highly recommend leasing this car, so it's always under warranty. My last car was the 2007 BMW X3, but when the lease expired, the 2010 was exactly the same, so I wanted something different. The 2010 GLK was brand new and I absolutely loved the styling. It felt a bit roomier than the X3 and the ride and seats were a bit softer and more comfortable, although still much firmer than your typical Japanese or US rides. Compared to the X3, I would have to say the BMW was a better handling machine. It held the road like it was on rails, whereas the GLK gets a bit unstable on rough road surfaces - nothing bad here. It's still very good, but the BMW was better. Other than that, I really like the car. I've had no problems in 2 years and the care is really good looking, good driving and comfortable. I highly recommend leasing one if you can."

Lots of speed

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

"Fast"

usefull comfortable quiet

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Cons: "not enough interior luggage space"

"i would buy it again. It is one of the most comfortabel SUV type autos I have owned."

best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cons: "maintenance payments"

"I love it !"

Best Benz I've ever driven

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Fun responsive smooth ride perfect size"

Cons: "Just trying to lower payments"

"Had a S-550 before an ML 350 and 2 SLK 350 and by far the best! Handles like a dream in snow, slush even on ice it out performed the ML!"

Love my GLK - but now that baby is on the way...

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Great handling!"

Cons: "Car seat will not fit in the back!"

"I LOVE my GLK - I have always drove mercedes and purchased my GLK in 2011. All of my mercedes have always been dependable and no issues. The GLK is not large enough in the backseat for my car seat so I will have to trade!!!! My C Class had more room in the backseat than the GLK!"

Great foul weather car!

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Powerful and comfortable,"

Cons: "Does best with 93 grade gas along with low gas eff"

"This car handles snow and heavy rain very well. It is a gas guzzler. Luxury abounds. If you need the space and enjoy the luxury, don't mind the economy or lack thereof, this is the car for you."

This is a wonderful vehicle. Love the ride!

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

"This is awesome!!! No need to go anywhere else to buy; as this is my dream car!"

Love the style and the luxury...

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"I looked at the BMW x3, and the Audi q5. This is by far the best because of the options (love mbrace) and the style (nothing looks like it). The Audi is essentially the VW equivalent, and the BMW does have a luxury presence (other than the name). I got the GLK with just about all options (expect for the rear video and parktronic) which gives it presence."

Best I ever had

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Ride, safety, look, quiteness, prestige"

Cons: "Rear seat room"

"I owned it for more than a year. Not a single quality problem. Ride likes a car with feel of a tank. Gas mileage is average. Interior is excellent. Exterior is sharp looking, better than rest of the rounded copycats. Highway driving is real fun."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class near Honolulu. See local deals