2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Based on 107 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Great GLK

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "Great visibility with smooth quiet ride."

Cons: "Some lack of storage in the glove box."

"Worth the wait for the 2013 model changes. Interior is far superior to prior year models. Luxurious, quite and smooth ride even with the 20" wheels. Acceleration in economy mode will start in 2nd gear for fuel savings. Under normal driving conditions, it performs superbly. If I need additional acceleration, I switch to sport mode and the GLK starts in 1st gear adding more torque and quicker acceleration. In ECO mode, the engine will shut off during stops and restart when the brake is released with no interference in acceleration and is almost unrecognizable. If AC is adjusting temperature in Auto mode, providing AC comfort takes priority over engine shut down at stops. All electrical functions are normal. Keyless is great. The only way you can lock keys in car is by using the lock function on the automatic tail gate...dealer said you could never lock keys in car until he did with the tailgate. MBrace unlocked the car. Drove an Audi for 6 years and loved it until I got to 100,000 miles then the car began to break down. Drove the Q5. Sporty, but noisy 2.0 and 3.2 had nothing to offer. Don't believe the man behind the curtain in Consumer Reports. Compare the cars yourself. MB GLK is fabulous. New Pebble Gray with cream and brown interior with pleny of dash wood. Seating in the rear is just as adequate as Audi. Dual sunroofs are filtered for less heat. Less expensive Becker Nav is great. Knob manipulation less complicated than Audi or Lexus. Used USAA Car Buying program and got a great deal. You will enjoy the new GLK!"

5200 miles in since 06/2013, so far so good

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, torque, practicality, fit and finish"

Cons: "Rearview camera, push button start should be std"

"Have been driving the GLK250 since the end of June '13 and have had no major complaints so far. Zero problems (mechanical or electrical) encountered and it's simply a solid vehicle overall. Have been averaging 30-31 MPG after 5 fill-ups in 80/20 Hwy/City driving. That's from my own mileage calculations but frankly the on-board trip computer is not too far off (within 0.5-1MPG accuracy). I'm not exactly a lead-foot but I don't drive like a granny either (I'm 28 years old). This thing just eats road imperfection for lunch - I live in the NE region so there is plenty of that around. Can't wait to test out the 4Matic performance in the snow in another month or so. Favorite Features TORQUE - loads of it (369 ft.lbs) from 1800rpm and up. This makes the car feel much peppier than it actually is (only 200HP for a 4200lb car). This is my first diesel and I'm already addicted. Fuel economy is just awesome for a vehicle this size. Transmission is very smooth - shifts are almost undetectable. (The 9-speed currently being developed should be even better when it debuts within the next year or two.) Column shifter seemed very ancient at first but then I started enjoying the extra space made available because of that. Suggested Improvements Brakes seem little soft, backseats could use a bit more room, rearview camera and push-button start should come standard, navigation/infotainment system is in dire need of an overhaul/upgrade, both visually AND functionally. Power liftgate and pano roof should be selectable a la carte instead of being bundled with an expensive package. Wish it didn't come with run flats (or, in MB terms, Extended Mobility tires) but the ride is perfectly acceptable to me (I tend to prefer a stiffer ride). They are just expensive to replace down the road."

Excellent performance

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

"Excellent acceleration Excellent braking Excellent response. Only short coming.Backseat space & tight entrance"

Hardly no problems

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Overall driving, pick up, handling"

"Good driver leg room, lots of space in rear, great acceleration, very enjoyable car"

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "stylish, comfortable and great driving vehicle."

Cons: "expensive to service"

"I love this vehicle. I recently purchased it in December after owning the same vehicle without 4matic (not wise in michigan). The ease of driving this vehicle is amazing. It is so easy to maneuver. It is stylish while still being practical for me, a mom with 3 kids to cart around. I like the GL too, but the GLK was a better choice for us at this time, and I am really happy with it. I only wish that it was a standard option to plug in devices to the speakers as it is with most economy vehicles, but that is a manufacturing complaint, not specific to this vehicle. The options are easy to use, and the Blue tooth is great for someone like me that works a lot out of the vehicle. I've driven it all over the country and the gas mileage was great, and it was a comfortable ride the whole way down. Every time I get ready to step into this vehicle I get excited to drive again! Beware though, that you get what you pay for, so be prepared for everything to be more $- but it's worth it!"

Great

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "Reasonable price, lots of fun to own and drive"

Cons: "Not enough rear leg room."

"I love the styling and design of this SUV...my only complaint is the rear leg room...if the rear seat was adjustable or there was 2" more leg room it would be perfect for it's class of SUV."

Great riding and looking SUV, Handles exceptionall

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Classy and great to run around in."

Cons: "no cons."

"I have had this MB for over two years and it has never dissappointed. Rides and feels great. Great Value. Only comment that is slightly neg. is that the passenger seat could go back a little further. Great SUV Mercedez!"

Great SUV!

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "Quiet and fun to drive"

Cons: "The cruise control is too close to the turn signal"

"I drove big SUV's in the past and love the gas mileage in the V-6 and it is easier to park. The dealership maintenance fees were higher, but I was able to find a local authorized service center that charges less than half what the dealer charges and they have been great! This is an impressive vehicle to drive up in and people always think I paid way more than I did."

great all around vehicle

By on Sunday, March 13, 2011

"Own the Glk for about 19 months, pass two winter in the New York area with the heavy snow never a problem. Ran like a champ in New York City biggest snow storm. All around great performer and ride steady and heavy, but easy to drive. Also getting out you don't need a step stood like other suv."

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"I have had my GLK for 13 months and haven't had a single problem. I plan on driving this for years!"

So Far so good

By on Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Bought car for my wife and she loves it. She has 20,000 miles on it with now issues. It has been serviced by dealer as schueled so far the cost has been 800.00 Only issue I have is the back seat room. Glad I do not have to sit back there."

Best small SUV

By on Saturday, September 25, 2010

"I have had this small SUV for several months now and I really like it. The feeling of driving is amazing. The interior is very comfortable. The engineer is powerful enough for the size of the car and is really responsive. The mileage is not too bad. I can do nearly 19 miles per hour in mostly city driving in a big metropolitan area, which is better than my previous Altima. The Bluetooth is easy to connect with my iPhone and is easy to use. Overall, this is a great car with a very reasonable price."

Glick

By on Friday, June 18, 2010

"In its class for the money, it's a best in show and value."

By on Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Rides like an R-Class but quieter. Handles like a C-class sport on the road and quck as a rabbit (the animal not the car)"

Love the style and the luxury...

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"I looked at the BMW x3, and the Audi q5. This is by far the best because of the options (love mbrace) and the style (nothing looks like it). The Audi is essentially the VW equivalent, and the BMW does have a luxury presence (other than the name). I got the GLK with just about all options (expect for the rear video and parktronic) which gives it presence."

By on Friday, June 04, 2010

"my 5th mercedes and i think will be my favorite. only complaint is tight leg room in back seat"

By on Monday, April 05, 2010

A sweet ride in, a boat to drive

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Ride, cute exterior, old-school luxury interior"

Cons: "Throttle response, fuel economy"

"This is actually my mother's car (I drive a brand that begins with a P), but I've driven it frequently enough to form an impression. Reliability seems to have been a non-issue over 2 years, although a front suspension/shock groan has surfaced recently. The Mercedes-Benz hallmarks are all here. Cabin is impressively stiff and isolated for the price. Doors shut with a sound that whispers money. 80 mph feels like 50. And so on. Car has the Premium Package w/ Nav, getting typical toys like power tailgate and rear camera. Synthetic seats are a tad rubbery, but TOUGH as nails and do not appear to wear at all. Wood trim and silver accents are old-world-elegant, and the interior is generally angular and conservative. These are what keep my mother going back to the brand. Very Benzo. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end. It doesn't seem to be any more frugal than the ML350 that it replaced, struggling to reach 23 mpg highway despite weighing 800 lbs less than the ML. Throttle response of a fishing boat. The rudder...it's a rudder. Suspension is very soft and not even well-damped. The car begs for straight lines. Don't think about off-roading with those delicate 19" wheels, which are pretty but a nightmare to clean. Overall, best experienced from the [front] passenger seat. Back seat is tight."

Love the car with one major exception - ECO

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive perfect size for me."

Cons: "ECO Stop/Start Awful"

"Had a 10 and traded it for an ML350, the interior was very lacking but the 13 interior is much improved. It is a perfect size for me and a pleasure to drive would rate it highly except for ECO Stop/Start system. I drive Company Hybrids that do this all the time and it is truly not noticeable however the GLK is. It can be switched off but ECO defaults on every time you start the car and this setting can't be changed. Unless this default is changed I would not recommend the GLK."

Great overall package

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "handling, interior, bluetooth features, ride, eco"

Cons: "can be a bit pricey, needs more cargo space"

"The combination of quality, luxury and comfort makes for a great overall package. It drives like a car but provides more space and versatility. It wont blow you away with its mileage but what it gets is respectable for the 300+ hp it gives you. It is an incredibly smooth driving machine. The eco stop start feature has far exceeded my expectations. I thought I would be able to notice it every time the motor shuts off but if the radio is playing and you go straight from brake to throttle it takes off without a hitch. However in stop and go traffic it is noticeable. However, with the touch of one button you can shut it off. It handles beautifully in poor weather. The blue tooth connectivity works flawlessly likewise with the audio streaming. Great features! Much better interface than my Chevrolets. If you forgo on many of the "extra" options and just get what you want, it can prove to be a very good value for the combination of quality and luxury that it provides. Overall a great buying decision I feel. Very close to purchasing an Infiniti but I am very happy with the decision I made."

Expensive Trouble

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"The car smoked after driving in a heavy rain. After 3 months, the oil leaked in my garage. The dealer fixed "under warranty" but I hope "it" (leaking oil) will not happen again???"

best their is out there

By on Sunday, July 25, 2010

"Love everything about this vehicle, handling, looks etc. but most of all how safe it is. I had an accident at about 45mph involving a Toyota SUV and had $1400.00 in damage while the Toyota had to sent to the junkyard as it was completly demolished. Better safe than sorry."

Amazing Vehicle, Amazing Lease Deals

By on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pros: "QUALITY, RIDE,COMFORT, ROOMY,EXCEPTIONAL LEASE PROGRAMS"

Cons: "STILL INTIMIDATED BY THE VOICE COMMAND/NAV SYSTEM"

"Solid, Quiet, Powerful, Beautiful. Tested the Audi Q5 and the Lincoln MKX. Audi was overpriced, the engined sounded bad on acceleration and Audi leases could not compare to the MBZ lease program...over $100/month difference for same options, similar MSRP. Internet shopping is the best way to go. I got the loaded model and almost all the accessories are a breeze. The nav system requires some "getting used too" and the German technology is not as user-friendly as Japanese technology."

Buy the extended warrenty

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "nice looking car that is fun to drive"

Cons: "not reliable."

"Most of my driving is long distance (1 to 8 hours a trip) with very little stop and go city driving. Valve cover leak that had to be repaired 3 times before they got it right (45k). Transfer case leak at 49k. Constant bulb burnout in all lights (at least 3 times in the front lights and 6 in the tail lights). at 80k I'm now told I need a new transmission/transfer box at $6,000+. To top it off my seat belt stopped working two days ago. Not a very reliable vehicle. I expected better of a MB as a first (and last) time buyer. If you buy it make sure you purchase the extended warranty."

Best Benz I've ever driven

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Fun responsive smooth ride perfect size"

Cons: "Just trying to lower payments"

"Had a S-550 before an ML 350 and 2 SLK 350 and by far the best! Handles like a dream in snow, slush even on ice it out performed the ML!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class near Honolulu. See local deals