• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Love the car with one major exception - ECO

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive perfect size for me."

Cons: "ECO Stop/Start Awful"

"Had a 10 and traded it for an ML350, the interior was very lacking but the 13 interior is much improved. It is a perfect size for me and a pleasure to drive would rate it highly except for ECO Stop/Start system. I drive Company Hybrids that do this all the time and it is truly not noticeable however the GLK is. It can be switched off but ECO defaults on every time you start the car and this setting can't be changed. Unless this default is changed I would not recommend the GLK."

Great overall package

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "handling, interior, bluetooth features, ride, eco"

Cons: "can be a bit pricey, needs more cargo space"

"The combination of quality, luxury and comfort makes for a great overall package. It drives like a car but provides more space and versatility. It wont blow you away with its mileage but what it gets is respectable for the 300+ hp it gives you. It is an incredibly smooth driving machine. The eco stop start feature has far exceeded my expectations. I thought I would be able to notice it every time the motor shuts off but if the radio is playing and you go straight from brake to throttle it takes off without a hitch. However in stop and go traffic it is noticeable. However, with the touch of one button you can shut it off. It handles beautifully in poor weather. The blue tooth connectivity works flawlessly likewise with the audio streaming. Great features! Much better interface than my Chevrolets. If you forgo on many of the "extra" options and just get what you want, it can prove to be a very good value for the combination of quality and luxury that it provides. Overall a great buying decision I feel. Very close to purchasing an Infiniti but I am very happy with the decision I made."

GLK 350 4 Matic is a super car

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Cons: "Back seat leg room little congested..."

"I love my GLK 350 very good at snow, rain & mountains...I stunned while I am driving in the snow very stubborn, good power n smooth driving..."

Love my 2nd GLK

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Excellent visibility"

Cons: "Back seat slightly tight"

"Had the 2011 and was looking to possibly switch to Audi Q5 or a BMW x3 , after test driving both alternative vehicles , I received a call from my dealer that the new vehicles were in and ready for test drives. I checked out the Glk350, BLK/BLK Lighting Package / AMG Styling and 20" Rims and freaking fell in the love with the car all over again. Absolutely, love the fact I stayed with Mercedes , the new improvements are well done and noticed. Highly recommend this car, if you don't have kids, my 80lbs dog fits in the back just fine so we're cool :)"

Best small luxury SUV

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "excellent apprarance, and interior, smooth ride"

Cons: "smaller back seat space compare to ML350"

"I was debating of getting the Mecedes ML350 or Lexus Rx350 or this Mercedes GL350. After driving Mercedes vs Lexus, I fall in love with Mercedes GL350. It rides so smoothly and the interior is such a beauty that the other 2 cars can't compare. I own a Toyota previously and now I think I am go gears German car. The material is more solid, heavy but rides nice and smoothly. Yes, the back seat is smaller than ML350 but same as Lexus rx350. Overall I love this car."

MERCEDES BENZ GLK 350 MATIC

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

color-gray LOADED with/extras

"THIS MERCEDES SUV IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION! LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE IT IS BRAND NEW! BECAUSE IT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION THIS SUV COMES WITH AN EXTRA CPO 50,000 MILE WARRENTY WHICH IS TRANSFERABLE. HOW GOOD DOES IT GET."

color-gray LOADED with/extras

Great GLK

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "Great visibility with smooth quiet ride."

Cons: "Some lack of storage in the glove box."

"Worth the wait for the 2013 model changes. Interior is far superior to prior year models. Luxurious, quite and smooth ride even with the 20" wheels. Acceleration in economy mode will start in 2nd gear for fuel savings. Under normal driving conditions, it performs superbly. If I need additional acceleration, I switch to sport mode and the GLK starts in 1st gear adding more torque and quicker acceleration. In ECO mode, the engine will shut off during stops and restart when the brake is released with no interference in acceleration and is almost unrecognizable. If AC is adjusting temperature in Auto mode, providing AC comfort takes priority over engine shut down at stops. All electrical functions are normal. Keyless is great. The only way you can lock keys in car is by using the lock function on the automatic tail gate...dealer said you could never lock keys in car until he did with the tailgate. MBrace unlocked the car. Drove an Audi for 6 years and loved it until I got to 100,000 miles then the car began to break down. Drove the Q5. Sporty, but noisy 2.0 and 3.2 had nothing to offer. Don't believe the man behind the curtain in Consumer Reports. Compare the cars yourself. MB GLK is fabulous. New Pebble Gray with cream and brown interior with pleny of dash wood. Seating in the rear is just as adequate as Audi. Dual sunroofs are filtered for less heat. Less expensive Becker Nav is great. Knob manipulation less complicated than Audi or Lexus. Used USAA Car Buying program and got a great deal. You will enjoy the new GLK!"

Love it!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

"After years of owning large SUV's I did tons of research and decided on a smaller SUV. The joy is driving it. Only complaint is the back seat is tight and not enough storage overall BUT will give it all up just to have this car...drives like a dream and is super safe to boot. Buy it, you won't be sorry."

this is my favorite car ever

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

"We've leased our MB GLK for almost 18 months. It is my wife's car and she has already said she wants to keep it once the lease is up in another 18 months. We went with a kelly green exterior, tan interior, cold weather package, premium stereo with satellite. This car is built on the C class chassis so its handling is terrific. The sight-lines are excellent, the acceleration is what one would expect from a Benz, and it gets through the Massachusetts snow with ease (as did our C300). The only drawback for this vehicle is the gas mileage, which maxes out somewhere near 20 mpg. If you can afford a hybrid engine for this car, then I highly recommend doing so. That may be the only reason why we turn in our car at the end of the lease (at which point we would get another one with a hybrid or diesel engine). I only get to drive this car a couple of times each month and each time I do I am reminded of what an excellent car this is."

Good bargain for the money with lots of options.

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pros: "Great price, lots of options"

Cons: "Handling on curvey roads is fair."

"I have owned this SUV for about 3 months. It is a good bargain for the money; great driving comfort, good acceleration, and lots of options. I particularly love the way it breaks for you when you go down hill and provides extra torque while going up hill. I have not driven it on snowy roads yet, so cannot say much about the 4-matic peformance. To sum it all, it certainly does not handle like the BMW X3 but at the same time it is not as expensive. Great SUV for the budget driver."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class near Honolulu. See local deals