• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Great all utility SUV.

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, many luxury features."

Cons: "Doesn't do well with icy roads."

"Would be better served with the all wheel drive option. We really enjoy the safety and reliability of our GLK!"

5200 miles in since 06/2013, so far so good

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, torque, practicality, fit and finish"

Cons: "Rearview camera, push button start should be std"

"Have been driving the GLK250 since the end of June '13 and have had no major complaints so far. Zero problems (mechanical or electrical) encountered and it's simply a solid vehicle overall. Have been averaging 30-31 MPG after 5 fill-ups in 80/20 Hwy/City driving. That's from my own mileage calculations but frankly the on-board trip computer is not too far off (within 0.5-1MPG accuracy). I'm not exactly a lead-foot but I don't drive like a granny either (I'm 28 years old). This thing just eats road imperfection for lunch - I live in the NE region so there is plenty of that around. Can't wait to test out the 4Matic performance in the snow in another month or so. Favorite Features TORQUE - loads of it (369 ft.lbs) from 1800rpm and up. This makes the car feel much peppier than it actually is (only 200HP for a 4200lb car). This is my first diesel and I'm already addicted. Fuel economy is just awesome for a vehicle this size. Transmission is very smooth - shifts are almost undetectable. (The 9-speed currently being developed should be even better when it debuts within the next year or two.) Column shifter seemed very ancient at first but then I started enjoying the extra space made available because of that. Suggested Improvements Brakes seem little soft, backseats could use a bit more room, rearview camera and push-button start should come standard, navigation/infotainment system is in dire need of an overhaul/upgrade, both visually AND functionally. Power liftgate and pano roof should be selectable a la carte instead of being bundled with an expensive package. Wish it didn't come with run flats (or, in MB terms, Extended Mobility tires) but the ride is perfectly acceptable to me (I tend to prefer a stiffer ride). They are just expensive to replace down the road."

Superb

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

"Have owned it for about 2 weeks. The interior is beautiful. The blue tooth is quite intuitive. The trip meter is very smart -- it continuously calculates the fuel to empty and make changes according the consumption. The drive is very smooth. Overall love it."

Just Got It!!

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful Vehicle"

Cons: "Stop and start takes some getting used to"

Luv my new baby!

"Luv it so far. Got it for graduation gift. Nice ride. Right size for me. Very smart looking, good on gas on the highway but does take the pricey brand. I will simply drive less."

Luv my new baby!

It's a Benz! Has a real quality feel.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive almost car like. Very comfortable."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage in the city plus uses premium gas"

"Solid car with good pickup. It's quicker than it looks. Very comfortable ride. Handles very well for an SUV. Has a lot of nice features. Highway mileage is pretty good. City mileage is poor. Fit and finish is very good. It's a sweet ride!"

Sould have rear camera standard

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

"GOOD CAR"

nice vehicle but a problem.

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "great looking and fun to drive"

Cons: "Windows scratch easily."

"Having a problem with windows scratching. There appears to be a problem with the glass. I am 75 years old and had many cars in my adult driving and never experienced this problem. The rear window, front wind shield and the left front window all have scratches. Anyone else experienced this problem ?"

Great size SUV!!

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Size, Highway gas Mileage, handling, smooth ride"

Cons: "City gas mileage, DVD not good, no memory card"

"This is a great size SUV which can fit a 6’ person comfortably in the front or back seating area. Gets good highway gas mileage, handles great and has a smooth ride. City gas mileage is not so good in hot climate. My GLK had better city gas mileage in Hawaii then it has in Texas. Sound system is great, but you should get the six pack CD player if you drive a lot (DVD doesn’t work while driving). Also memory card and backup assist is not standard, but it should be."

A sweet ride in, a boat to drive

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Ride, cute exterior, old-school luxury interior"

Cons: "Throttle response, fuel economy"

"This is actually my mother's car (I drive a brand that begins with a P), but I've driven it frequently enough to form an impression. Reliability seems to have been a non-issue over 2 years, although a front suspension/shock groan has surfaced recently. The Mercedes-Benz hallmarks are all here. Cabin is impressively stiff and isolated for the price. Doors shut with a sound that whispers money. 80 mph feels like 50. And so on. Car has the Premium Package w/ Nav, getting typical toys like power tailgate and rear camera. Synthetic seats are a tad rubbery, but TOUGH as nails and do not appear to wear at all. Wood trim and silver accents are old-world-elegant, and the interior is generally angular and conservative. These are what keep my mother going back to the brand. Very Benzo. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end. It doesn't seem to be any more frugal than the ML350 that it replaced, struggling to reach 23 mpg highway despite weighing 800 lbs less than the ML. Throttle response of a fishing boat. The rudder...it's a rudder. Suspension is very soft and not even well-damped. The car begs for straight lines. Don't think about off-roading with those delicate 19" wheels, which are pretty but a nightmare to clean. Overall, best experienced from the [front] passenger seat. Back seat is tight."

Buy the extended warrenty

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "nice looking car that is fun to drive"

Cons: "not reliable."

"Most of my driving is long distance (1 to 8 hours a trip) with very little stop and go city driving. Valve cover leak that had to be repaired 3 times before they got it right (45k). Transfer case leak at 49k. Constant bulb burnout in all lights (at least 3 times in the front lights and 6 in the tail lights). at 80k I'm now told I need a new transmission/transfer box at $6,000+. To top it off my seat belt stopped working two days ago. Not a very reliable vehicle. I expected better of a MB as a first (and last) time buyer. If you buy it make sure you purchase the extended warranty."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for