• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Great handling in town and cross country.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"Drove from SC to North Dakota and back over three weeks--personal road trip for pleasure. Excellent handling in all situations. Great around town car, my primary use. More interior storage would be nice."

Wife had C 350 and loved it. Same basic interior

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "One small rattle in the muffler."

"I can't get her to drive my "free" company car because she loves this car. It has eaten the tires after 25K miles but she is mostly in town. Great car. Lots of fun. AWD is nice for that one snow every three years."

My fav car yet - comfort, solidness, felt safe

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

"My favorite of any car I've owned yet from Audi, Benz, Chrysller, etc."

Flexible, Fast, Fun

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Electronics is outstanding, powerful,"

"I have owned this SUV for one year and would recommend it to anyone. You feel like you are driving a sports car with its power and suspension. I bought this SUV for the winter months, my summer car is a Porsche Turbo Carrera."

Buyer Beware

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun, small 4 WD SUV"

Cons: "Eco, windows, cheap plastic running lights"

"I have had my GLK 350 for 10 months and I still hate it. I had a 2012 GLK 350 that I really liked and I traded it for a 2014 and I regret that. The Eco option drives me insane; the heat turns off in the winter and the AC in the summer. You have to manually disable Eco every time you start the car or it stalls at traffic lights and in traffic. BMW will disable the Eco option, but Mercedes refuses to. I will NEVER buy another Mercedes with Eco, it is very, very annoying."

very well build,solid small suv

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive,atractive body"

Cons: "fuel consamption and no cup holders in doors"

"i hate baying premium fuel and gas milage is terible!"

I love this car! Practical, beautiful, fun to driv

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive, solid, beautiful, durable"

Cons: "doppler effect with open windows!"

"This is my first Mercedes, and I scraped the bottom of my piggy bank to afford it. Friends had told me this would be very expensive to own and operate. They were wrong. Except for standard maintenance, which I've been very thorough about, the car has been reliable and a joy to own. There are very few drawbacks...a little tight for room, some of the compartments quirky, I'm not crazy about the center console, and it took me a while to figure out a few of the features. But overall it was a very sound investment, it's holding its value beautifully, it's safe, solid, and a little sexy. Can't ask for more, and I've driven it very hard, including 4 trips to and from California. It's great in all weather, including, recently, lots of snow and ice....I will drive this little beauty til the wheels fall off :-)"

Right Size - Good Power - Very Flexible

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Great road feel. Very safe. Good mileage"

Cons: "Some features are a bit complicated and German"

"If you're looking for a small SUV with a lot of features that's fun to drive and gets Toyota RAV4 or Honda CRV type mileage but with more safety features and more fun to drive, this might be your car. It has those great Mercedes driving dynamics and feel in a very sporty and competent auto. Take one for a test drive. You might be hooked."

Great car and perfect driving experience!!

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "great style and size and price!!"

Cons: "rear seats are little congested for three people!"

"I've been using this car for over 8 months now and have a terrific experience so far. Mielage is good for the power what we have and the driving comfort is amazing."

Hardly no problems

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Overall driving, pick up, handling"

"Good driver leg room, lots of space in rear, great acceleration, very enjoyable car"

Great all utility SUV.

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, many luxury features."

Cons: "Doesn't do well with icy roads."

"Would be better served with the all wheel drive option. We really enjoy the safety and reliability of our GLK!"

5200 miles in since 06/2013, so far so good

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, torque, practicality, fit and finish"

Cons: "Rearview camera, push button start should be std"

"Have been driving the GLK250 since the end of June '13 and have had no major complaints so far. Zero problems (mechanical or electrical) encountered and it's simply a solid vehicle overall. Have been averaging 30-31 MPG after 5 fill-ups in 80/20 Hwy/City driving. That's from my own mileage calculations but frankly the on-board trip computer is not too far off (within 0.5-1MPG accuracy). I'm not exactly a lead-foot but I don't drive like a granny either (I'm 28 years old). This thing just eats road imperfection for lunch - I live in the NE region so there is plenty of that around. Can't wait to test out the 4Matic performance in the snow in another month or so. Favorite Features TORQUE - loads of it (369 ft.lbs) from 1800rpm and up. This makes the car feel much peppier than it actually is (only 200HP for a 4200lb car). This is my first diesel and I'm already addicted. Fuel economy is just awesome for a vehicle this size. Transmission is very smooth - shifts are almost undetectable. (The 9-speed currently being developed should be even better when it debuts within the next year or two.) Column shifter seemed very ancient at first but then I started enjoying the extra space made available because of that. Suggested Improvements Brakes seem little soft, backseats could use a bit more room, rearview camera and push-button start should come standard, navigation/infotainment system is in dire need of an overhaul/upgrade, both visually AND functionally. Power liftgate and pano roof should be selectable a la carte instead of being bundled with an expensive package. Wish it didn't come with run flats (or, in MB terms, Extended Mobility tires) but the ride is perfectly acceptable to me (I tend to prefer a stiffer ride). They are just expensive to replace down the road."

Superb

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

"Have owned it for about 2 weeks. The interior is beautiful. The blue tooth is quite intuitive. The trip meter is very smart -- it continuously calculates the fuel to empty and make changes according the consumption. The drive is very smooth. Overall love it."

Just Got It!!

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful Vehicle"

Cons: "Stop and start takes some getting used to"

Luv my new baby!

"Luv it so far. Got it for graduation gift. Nice ride. Right size for me. Very smart looking, good on gas on the highway but does take the pricey brand. I will simply drive less."

Luv my new baby!

It's a Benz! Has a real quality feel.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive almost car like. Very comfortable."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage in the city plus uses premium gas"

"Solid car with good pickup. It's quicker than it looks. Very comfortable ride. Handles very well for an SUV. Has a lot of nice features. Highway mileage is pretty good. City mileage is poor. Fit and finish is very good. It's a sweet ride!"

Sould have rear camera standard

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

"GOOD CAR"

nice vehicle but a problem.

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "great looking and fun to drive"

Cons: "Windows scratch easily."

"Having a problem with windows scratching. There appears to be a problem with the glass. I am 75 years old and had many cars in my adult driving and never experienced this problem. The rear window, front wind shield and the left front window all have scratches. Anyone else experienced this problem ?"

Great size SUV!!

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Size, Highway gas Mileage, handling, smooth ride"

Cons: "City gas mileage, DVD not good, no memory card"

"This is a great size SUV which can fit a 6’ person comfortably in the front or back seating area. Gets good highway gas mileage, handles great and has a smooth ride. City gas mileage is not so good in hot climate. My GLK had better city gas mileage in Hawaii then it has in Texas. Sound system is great, but you should get the six pack CD player if you drive a lot (DVD doesn’t work while driving). Also memory card and backup assist is not standard, but it should be."

A sweet ride in, a boat to drive

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Ride, cute exterior, old-school luxury interior"

Cons: "Throttle response, fuel economy"

"This is actually my mother's car (I drive a brand that begins with a P), but I've driven it frequently enough to form an impression. Reliability seems to have been a non-issue over 2 years, although a front suspension/shock groan has surfaced recently. The Mercedes-Benz hallmarks are all here. Cabin is impressively stiff and isolated for the price. Doors shut with a sound that whispers money. 80 mph feels like 50. And so on. Car has the Premium Package w/ Nav, getting typical toys like power tailgate and rear camera. Synthetic seats are a tad rubbery, but TOUGH as nails and do not appear to wear at all. Wood trim and silver accents are old-world-elegant, and the interior is generally angular and conservative. These are what keep my mother going back to the brand. Very Benzo. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end. It doesn't seem to be any more frugal than the ML350 that it replaced, struggling to reach 23 mpg highway despite weighing 800 lbs less than the ML. Throttle response of a fishing boat. The rudder...it's a rudder. Suspension is very soft and not even well-damped. The car begs for straight lines. Don't think about off-roading with those delicate 19" wheels, which are pretty but a nightmare to clean. Overall, best experienced from the [front] passenger seat. Back seat is tight."

Buy the extended warrenty

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "nice looking car that is fun to drive"

Cons: "not reliable."

"Most of my driving is long distance (1 to 8 hours a trip) with very little stop and go city driving. Valve cover leak that had to be repaired 3 times before they got it right (45k). Transfer case leak at 49k. Constant bulb burnout in all lights (at least 3 times in the front lights and 6 in the tail lights). at 80k I'm now told I need a new transmission/transfer box at $6,000+. To top it off my seat belt stopped working two days ago. Not a very reliable vehicle. I expected better of a MB as a first (and last) time buyer. If you buy it make sure you purchase the extended warranty."

Love the car with one major exception - ECO

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive perfect size for me."

Cons: "ECO Stop/Start Awful"

"Had a 10 and traded it for an ML350, the interior was very lacking but the 13 interior is much improved. It is a perfect size for me and a pleasure to drive would rate it highly except for ECO Stop/Start system. I drive Company Hybrids that do this all the time and it is truly not noticeable however the GLK is. It can be switched off but ECO defaults on every time you start the car and this setting can't be changed. Unless this default is changed I would not recommend the GLK."

Great overall package

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "handling, interior, bluetooth features, ride, eco"

Cons: "can be a bit pricey, needs more cargo space"

"The combination of quality, luxury and comfort makes for a great overall package. It drives like a car but provides more space and versatility. It wont blow you away with its mileage but what it gets is respectable for the 300+ hp it gives you. It is an incredibly smooth driving machine. The eco stop start feature has far exceeded my expectations. I thought I would be able to notice it every time the motor shuts off but if the radio is playing and you go straight from brake to throttle it takes off without a hitch. However in stop and go traffic it is noticeable. However, with the touch of one button you can shut it off. It handles beautifully in poor weather. The blue tooth connectivity works flawlessly likewise with the audio streaming. Great features! Much better interface than my Chevrolets. If you forgo on many of the "extra" options and just get what you want, it can prove to be a very good value for the combination of quality and luxury that it provides. Overall a great buying decision I feel. Very close to purchasing an Infiniti but I am very happy with the decision I made."

GLK 350 4 Matic is a super car

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Cons: "Back seat leg room little congested..."

"I love my GLK 350 very good at snow, rain & mountains...I stunned while I am driving in the snow very stubborn, good power n smooth driving..."

Love my 2nd GLK

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Excellent visibility"

Cons: "Back seat slightly tight"

"Had the 2011 and was looking to possibly switch to Audi Q5 or a BMW x3 , after test driving both alternative vehicles , I received a call from my dealer that the new vehicles were in and ready for test drives. I checked out the Glk350, BLK/BLK Lighting Package / AMG Styling and 20" Rims and freaking fell in the love with the car all over again. Absolutely, love the fact I stayed with Mercedes , the new improvements are well done and noticed. Highly recommend this car, if you don't have kids, my 80lbs dog fits in the back just fine so we're cool :)"

Best small luxury SUV

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "excellent apprarance, and interior, smooth ride"

Cons: "smaller back seat space compare to ML350"

"I was debating of getting the Mecedes ML350 or Lexus Rx350 or this Mercedes GL350. After driving Mercedes vs Lexus, I fall in love with Mercedes GL350. It rides so smoothly and the interior is such a beauty that the other 2 cars can't compare. I own a Toyota previously and now I think I am go gears German car. The material is more solid, heavy but rides nice and smoothly. Yes, the back seat is smaller than ML350 but same as Lexus rx350. Overall I love this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for