2015 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $59,105 - $61,542.

Invoice N/A
Transaction data

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

10/7.1

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Impressive

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and safe"

Cons: "Instrument panel needs to be friendlier."

"Prior to buying 2013 GL, I owned a 2010 GL. The 2nd generation 2013 is much better than the 2010 model. The cabin is very quite and the engine is more powerful, even though the engine size is same. I love the bird view created by 4 cameras in the car. Overall, the car is very nice. It has the smoothest ride when compared to other large SUV I tried (Lexus GX, Escalade, Navigator & Q7) The safety features are impressive. The instrument panel is still very complicated and needs improvement. I tried a Lincoln MKT, which has a much better instrument panel."

Okay, but Expensive for okay...

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Pros: "Great power and handling for a family car."

Cons: "Expensive and trouble if unfixable problem."

"I see the other write-ups are all over the map! Ambivalence - I love it! I hate it! We have decided to get rid of it because like the one review, it has constant vibrations that the dealership gave up trying to find long ago. (They said it was the tires. MB factory tires!) Also there is a known problem with the air filter that makes the car smell like mildewed laundry when it first starts up, again apparently unfixable. There is a rattle that comes from the center console that may not bother some people, but for the money, I should not have to put up with. I agree with the other write-up about the power and handling ===> Amazing! We felt like we were driving on a cloud for the first 3 months, then the vibrations started and it makes riding in the far back almost unbearable. Want to believe the best and try another one, scared to try another one."

Finest Large SUV on the Planet

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Ride, Vry comfortable for tall, good mpg"

Cons: "None detected"

"The GL450 has the finest ride I have ever experienced in a large vehicle. Combined with more than adequate power and surprising economy. Comments from my family and friends after 1,100 mile journey to the Mountains, the most comfortable and safest trip ever. Drive the GL you will be impressed."

Is any automobile really worth this price?...Maybe

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Ride quality, craftsmanship, quickness"

Cons: "price, No remote start (how is this possible?)"

"I'm a car guy, but recently (might be middle age) have sought after a vehicle that can still fit 7 comfortably, has above average acceleration/power, AND drives as smooth as silk. I've had the QX80 and New Denali (same frame/suspension as Escalade). They are roomier and have power but their rides are harsh and they cannot comfortably handle normal driving around town. Their suspensions and steering don't manage poor road conditions well. My Gl550 is a lot smaller and is more of a drivers car. If you need that extra 3rd row this is one of your better choices. I lost my shorts trading cars in over the last two years but this SUV is a top notch vehicle that I'm very happy with."

The S class of the SUV's

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nav screen too small, 360 Camera not good at night"

"Just traded in my 2011 S550 for my new 2014 GL550, I am much more satisfied in the GL. It has more than enough room in the driver seat for very tall man. Handling, technology, acceleration are amazing, more like a sport car. 7 inch NAV screen in not good enough with today's standard. 360 camera are not good at dark. definitely, if you can afford it, get it"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next