2014 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $58,008 - $60,327.

Invoice N/A

10/7.2

Based on 15 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Phenomenal car with a few flaws

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Finesse and class mixed with power and technology"

Cons: "Only 2 usable HVAC vents for the entire rear"

"My wife and I have owned the 2013 GL450 for 1 year and we both admit that it's the best car that we have ever owned. Quality both inside and outside defines this vehicle. At 75mph the 3 ton gentle beast sails as smooth as a hovercraft over calm water while the cabin is quieter than a whisper. Awesome steering at both low and high speeds. I can't think of a production car that I would feel more safe in. Negatives include a complex infotainment system that takes some serious study to take advantage of all the high tech amazing tricks. Also for a car this large, there are only 2 usable HVAC vents that serve the entire 2nd and 3rd row. If you are in the "wayback" during the summer, you will be sweating . Nevertheless if you have the means to afford this vehicle, it is a pure joy to travel the long road. Of note, there are hard to find since demand is high and supply is low. Not too many seen on the roads, so it turns many heads and serves as a topic of conversation on the parking lot frequently."

An S-Class with an Attitude!

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Simply a joy to drive with fantastic fuel economy!"

Cons: "It has everything that I need in a car!"

"I have owned the Diesel version for about 3 months now, after trading up from my 98 ML320 SUV with over 190,000 miles. This new "Truck" is one of the best cars that I have ever owned (My other car is a 95 S320 with over 250,000 Miles). I am getting over 28mpg on the highway with plenty of torque when needed (it is actually faster to 60mph than my 1968 Porsche 911 Targa). When you are driving it on a trip, it is the kind of car that so enevelops you with security and comfort that you don't want the trip to end. In summary - a fantastic piece of engineering!"

Impressive

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and safe"

Cons: "Instrument panel needs to be friendlier."

"Prior to buying 2013 GL, I owned a 2010 GL. The 2nd generation 2013 is much better than the 2010 model. The cabin is very quite and the engine is more powerful, even though the engine size is same. I love the bird view created by 4 cameras in the car. Overall, the car is very nice. It has the smoothest ride when compared to other large SUV I tried (Lexus GX, Escalade, Navigator & Q7) The safety features are impressive. The instrument panel is still very complicated and needs improvement. I tried a Lincoln MKT, which has a much better instrument panel."

A fine road warrior vehicle.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

"Smooth as silk on the interstate. Good value for the money. Excellent fuel economy for a large SUV. Very comfortable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"

The S class of the SUV's

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nav screen too small, 360 Camera not good at night"

"Just traded in my 2011 S550 for my new 2014 GL550, I am much more satisfied in the GL. It has more than enough room in the driver seat for very tall man. Handling, technology, acceleration are amazing, more like a sport car. 7 inch NAV screen in not good enough with today's standard. 360 camera are not good at dark. definitely, if you can afford it, get it"

A Perfect Lemon Car for Lemonade!

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Great look , Inside and out"

Cons: "too many mechanical issues"

"Bought in Oct 2012. car has constant Vibration. with bunch of other issues such as vibration while braking. Door Latch problem. Cooling system problem, A/C problem. Seat problem, Pre Safe system problem , No Help From MB USA or try to repair the vehicle!"

Finest Large SUV on the Planet

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Ride, Vry comfortable for tall, good mpg"

Cons: "None detected"

"The GL450 has the finest ride I have ever experienced in a large vehicle. Combined with more than adequate power and surprising economy. Comments from my family and friends after 1,100 mile journey to the Mountains, the most comfortable and safest trip ever. Drive the GL you will be impressed."

Great vehicle, not so much a great SUV

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "Ride, comfort, features"

Cons: "the Utility portion of Sport Utility Vehicle"

"I had replaced and older SUV with this vehicle. I don't so much fault the vehicle as I fault my assessment for what I need. Storage................when I position the drivers seat for my comfort, I can't collapse the second seat behind the driver. The drivers seat has to be moved forward to collapse the 2nd seat behind drive. Rear access.......I frequently carry a canoe on the roof rack. When the canoe is on the roof, I can't get access to rear storage as the spoiler on top of lift gate inhibits opening. A pop open rear window could solve this but it doesn't exist. Traction.........The AWD is great for varying weather during normal driving. Off road, AWD inhibits control and traction. I've only owned the vehicle for one year, and as nice as it is, I am now looking to replace it to address the deficiencies above. Some simple improvements to this vehicle would make it a functional Sport Utility Vehicle. I've come to call mine an SMV vs. an SUV (Soccer Mom Vehicle)"

Amazing in Most Aspects but Some Glitches

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "Handling, Gizmos"

Cons: "Glitches"

"I had a 2012 GL550 and recently bought a GL63 AMG. Very different from the GL550, in handling, ride and upgrades. GL550 I consider the Luxury version and GL63 the hotrod. It is loaded and still getting use to the Lane Keeping and Pre-Safe features that keep you almost too honest. Unfortunately some glitches have occurred in warning for hood being open (when on highway), keyless door not always responding and seat memory does not always return to settings at start up. Also some instrument cluster navigation annoyances. But it is quite the SUV hotrod. Still not sure if I like it better than GL550 but a heck of lot more money."

Great Tow Vehicle

By on Monday, April 06, 2015

Pros: "Great SUV for towing"

Cons: "Extras add up fast!"

"Bought the GL to tow. We tow a 28ft Airstream with this truck and get about 17mpg towing. Torque of 455 beats most light trucks and the lower center of gravity makes towing safe and maneuverable. Of course, getting there is much more comfortable in the GL350 compared to a truck. When driving around town the handling and ride of the GL is wonderful. Great milage and I can't find a SUV that has more than 1CF of cargo capacity. Just a great vehicle so far."