2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

Based on 21 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Great vehicle, not so much a great SUV

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "Ride, comfort, features"

Cons: "the Utility portion of Sport Utility Vehicle"

"I had replaced and older SUV with this vehicle. I don't so much fault the vehicle as I fault my assessment for what I need. Storage................when I position the drivers seat for my comfort, I can't collapse the second seat behind the driver. The drivers seat has to be moved forward to collapse the 2nd seat behind drive. Rear access.......I frequently carry a canoe on the roof rack. When the canoe is on the roof, I can't get access to rear storage as the spoiler on top of lift gate inhibits opening. A pop open rear window could solve this but it doesn't exist. Traction.........The AWD is great for varying weather during normal driving. Off road, AWD inhibits control and traction. I've only owned the vehicle for one year, and as nice as it is, I am now looking to replace it to address the deficiencies above. Some simple improvements to this vehicle would make it a functional Sport Utility Vehicle. I've come to call mine an SMV vs. an SUV (Soccer Mom Vehicle)"

The S class of the SUV's

By on Monday, November 4, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nav screen too small, 360 Camera not good at night"

"Just traded in my 2011 S550 for my new 2014 GL550, I am much more satisfied in the GL. It has more than enough room in the driver seat for very tall man. Handling, technology, acceleration are amazing, more like a sport car. 7 inch NAV screen in not good enough with today's standard. 360 camera are not good at dark. definitely, if you can afford it, get it"

Great Tow Vehicle

By on Monday, April 6, 2015

Pros: "Great SUV for towing"

Cons: "Extras add up fast!"

"Bought the GL to tow. We tow a 28ft Airstream with this truck and get about 17mpg towing. Torque of 455 beats most light trucks and the lower center of gravity makes towing safe and maneuverable. Of course, getting there is much more comfortable in the GL350 compared to a truck. When driving around town the handling and ride of the GL is wonderful. Great milage and I can't find a SUV that has more than 1CF of cargo capacity. Just a great vehicle so far."

Amazing in Most Aspects but Some Glitches

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "Handling, Gizmos"

Cons: "Glitches"

"I had a 2012 GL550 and recently bought a GL63 AMG. Very different from the GL550, in handling, ride and upgrades. GL550 I consider the Luxury version and GL63 the hotrod. It is loaded and still getting use to the Lane Keeping and Pre-Safe features that keep you almost too honest. Unfortunately some glitches have occurred in warning for hood being open (when on highway), keyless door not always responding and seat memory does not always return to settings at start up. Also some instrument cluster navigation annoyances. But it is quite the SUV hotrod. Still not sure if I like it better than GL550 but a heck of lot more money."

Best car I have owned

By on Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pros: "Drives wonderfully and luxurious"

Cons: "expensive, wish roof rack came with crossbars"

"Own the gl350 turbo diesel which I am very happy with that choice. the gas mileage is great, the pickup more than adequate. The GL series options are a bit like ordering at nice restaurant where all the sides are "al a carte." The main difference between the 350, 450, and 550 is the engines with only a few additional options included vs being addons. Mine is optioned up and is very nice. The ride is very smooth compared to other large SUVs including the escalade/yukon denali which is nice, but still rides like a truck. I highly recommend the GL series and in particularl the turbo diesel."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals