2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

8.1

Based on 167 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

My 2008 Mercedes-Benz GL550

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "Trunk isn't that wide"

"I bought my GL550 new in '08 in black with tan premium leather and traded in my CLK55. I got Heated rear seats, keyless go, dual entertainment screens. This car has ton of room despite the fact that the trunk is should be slightly wider. The seats heat up in 45 seconds! This car even has massaging seats! This car was loaded even without options I added! The engine is a horse! The 5,500 lb SUV goes from 0-60 in 6.5-7 seconds! The engine is super loud and in the GL550 you can barely hear it! I highly recommend this car."

Very nice ride, excellent cruising vehicle.

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable and the nav system is amazing."

Cons: "Gas milage."

"I bought this vehicle used and was afraid of the maintenance cost, however the overall maintenance is minimal. This is one of the best luxury vehicles I have ever owned."

Not at all what I expected

By on Monday, June 14, 2010

"I bought this vehicle two years ago and am looking to trade it off. I loved the overall look of the vehicle and the interior has held up great, but I have had nothing but problems with it mechanically. It seems as though every month, I had to take it in for a service. Our closest Mercedes-Benz dealership is over an hour away making it inconvenient. I would think that after spending as much money as I have on this vehicle, I should have little to no problems. My husband has had to put power steering fluid in it twice, my brakes squeal, my hatch doesn't open by remote or by the outer handle. I must climb trhough the back seat and open it manually. Which is a great inconvenience in the Texas heat when you are needing to put groceries in the back or at a ball game and you need to get the cooler and you have to put the seat down and climb through the back to open the hatch. The tires do not last. Way too many problems for such a luxurious vehicle. We have owned a Lexus in the past and never had problems. I did enjoy the look of the vehicle but it did not make up for all of the minor problems we incurred."

Best Vehicle

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Love to drive."

Cons: "Diesel is expensive."

"Love this SUV, with turbo diesel and six passengers on board plus luggage has plenty of power and room. Mileage is better than expected, get 27/28 MPG on highway."

LOVE my GL - wish it was a tiny bit bigger

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, well appointed, great looking"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance"

"I love this car! I bought it in February 2010 with about 40000 miles on it and I added an extended warranty to 100,000 miles. I didn't buy it brand new because at the time my three kids were all under the age of four so I didn't want them to ruin a brand new one! I now have just under 70,000 miles and haven't really had a major issue yet. Aside from regular maintenance I've only had it in for a couple minor issues (ALL covered under warranty). The only one I specifically remember was the motor on the back door started malfunctioning so they replaced that and one of the air shocks (I think that's what it was called) had a leak so they replaced that as well. My only complaint in this model year is that the nav system isn't as great as the newer ones and it isn't really all that great if you're searching for POI's. I literally sometimes get a location that is hundreds of miles away even thought I know for a fact there's a location within 10 miles. In case you're thinking I may need to update my nav disk, that's not it. I bought a new one about a year ago. The only complaint I really have is that maintenance is expensive. Regular maintenance visits are several hundred dollars - pretty close to $1000. The other thing is that these cars are heavy and they go through tires MUCH quicker than I'm used to. They told me that when I bought it, but it still hurts. I just put new ones on for the second time and it runs about $1500. That's right - for the second time in 30,000 miles. All of this said, I really do like this car a lot. It's comfortable and even the third row is tolerable for me (I'm 5'7). I wouldn't want to be back there for a cross country trip, but when my mother in law is in town I always somehow wind up in the back somewhere (that's a whole saga in itself….) Anyway, that's about it. I'm just starting to look for a replacement - more because my husband thinks I need a new car. I'm perfectly happy in my car and since my boys are getting bigger I'm considering a larger SUV (maybe an Infiniti QX56 or Q80), but since I'm losing the 5 point harness car seat in late 2014, I may just stay in the same size car and therefore I'm seriously considering a 2013 or 2014 GL."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals