2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

8.0

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

A Lemon

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Looks and feels nice, solid"

Cons: "Too expensive to maintain"

"We bought this car certified pre-owned about two years ago. Seven months after the extended warranty ran out, we had to pay $5000 for a new steering rack. Now, three months after that, the Check Engine light comes on, and we have to pay another $3000 for a new thermostat and intake manifold, not to mention that we apparently need new brakes, spark plugs, boot, and air filters. Maintaining this car is really breaking the bank."

Very expensive to maintain

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Very well made"

Cons: "Run flat tires stink, Blue tec is expensive,"

"I have owned this car for three years and love driving it and have had no problems. The only problem with this SUV is the tires and the cost of maintenance. It has run flat tires and they are terrible. If you have a flat it is very difficult finding a tire in less than a week. You cannot carry a spare because of the blue tec system. The dealer will sell you the blue tec fluid for 5 times what is cost at the VW dealer.Having a diesel does not save any money because of the tire maintenance and the blue tec. I will not buy another GL 350 CDI again."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

"I have owned Yukon XL; Lincoln Navigator; Range Rover. This is simply the best SUV out there! Rides like a luxury vehicle , but yet can carry 7 in comfort. Including the 3rd row passengers! Only reason not a ten, is the navigation. MB should team with Garmin!"

love my car

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "drives great, holds its value well, safe"

Cons: "wish it had captains chairs in second row."

"This is my second GL. I had a 2007, now a 2008. Have had a few problems. 1-I think it is the fuel pump. car didn't want to start bc fuel wasn't getting to the proper place, it was replaced under warranty. 2- rattling sunroof that drove me crazy- got fixed after 6 or so trips to the dealer 3-SOS system was not locating me, had that fixed All have been fixed Have been through multiple visits for problems bc i believe the mechanics do things quick and don't take their time. after i had fuel pump replaced, a week later it the hose came loose and exploded fuel all over the place. They had to tow it and reconnect the hose long story short, love the car, but repair shop has been a pain in the rear! I was also in a bad head on collision that left me alive! I believe that it is a safe car! the car received $22000 in damage, i had whiplash and a concussion. Wish this car had captains chairs in 2nd row. entering 3rd row is a pain in the rear. however, 3rd row is quite spacious compared to other suv's"

Brakes and Tires

By on Monday, November 8, 2010

"We purchased this SUV for the look and power. If anyone would have told me that it eats tires and brakes like a PIG, I would never have believed it. 100,000 miles and on 4th set of brakes and tiers. Now the rack sterring has broke ($3500.00 to fix). My wife drives this SUV and I drive Range Rover. Take Range Rover hands down over this SUV. Look around before you buy this truck. If you are ok with repair bills, then this is the truck for you."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals