• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

8.1

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

My 2008 Mercedes-Benz GL550

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "Trunk isn't that wide"

"I bought my GL550 new in '08 in black with tan premium leather and traded in my CLK55. I got Heated rear seats, keyless go, dual entertainment screens. This car has ton of room despite the fact that the trunk is should be slightly wider. The seats heat up in 45 seconds! This car even has massaging seats! This car was loaded even without options I added! The engine is a horse! The 5,500 lb SUV goes from 0-60 in 6.5-7 seconds! The engine is super loud and in the GL550 you can barely hear it! I highly recommend this car."

Very expensive to maintain

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Very well made"

Cons: "Run flat tires stink, Blue tec is expensive,"

"I have owned this car for three years and love driving it and have had no problems. The only problem with this SUV is the tires and the cost of maintenance. It has run flat tires and they are terrible. If you have a flat it is very difficult finding a tire in less than a week. You cannot carry a spare because of the blue tec system. The dealer will sell you the blue tec fluid for 5 times what is cost at the VW dealer.Having a diesel does not save any money because of the tire maintenance and the blue tec. I will not buy another GL 350 CDI again."

Nice to drive but costly to maintain

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

"I bought my GL320CDI new in November of 2007. It is quiet, comfortable, and nice to drive. However, it is very costly to maintain. M-B ownership comes at price, in general. Oil changes are $300 by the time that you get out of the shop. And that is a cheap visit. I have had glow plugs fail, a glow plug controller fail, and transmission slip. The transmission was out of warranty and almost cost me $6,000, but I got it in to the shop in time, so I spent $800 instead. And it has never towed a thing!! Had issues with the engine running rough which was due to a clogged filter in the exhaust system. I was originally quoted $2500 to repair/replace filter, until dealership found out it could be cleaned. Was happy to spend $300 or so for that. Tires are a pain too because they are high performance tires that last 24,000 miles, if you are lucky. There have been lots of little things fail too: door handles, rear door lock, etc. Most of the little stuff happened under warranty. Bigger stuff happened out of warranty. I even had a power steering line blow. Come to find out that the clamp that was used on one of the high pressure hoses was a recalled part from the M-Series from 2002 or so. No one had an explanation for how that part even got onto the GL. Overall, car is nice to drive, but a maintenance pig."

Best Car Ever Made!

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Everything, wonderful car"

"Love this car! Everything about it rocks! Highly recommend!"

My nicest vehicle so far.

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

"8/10"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for