2009 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

8.1

Based on 167 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Buy it with caution

By on Monday, March 08, 2010

"I just switched from a Lexus GX-470 to a GL 450. The ride is much better than Lexus and is more roomier. However, the instrument panel needs a major overhaul. This is the first car that requires you to read the manual just to find out how to operate the radio/CD. Once the radio is on, turning it off is yet another challenge. If I hit the power button, it turns the entire COMMAND off. The panel is over complicated. Why do I have to read the manual to operate such basic tasks??? There should be ONE button to do these things. I have to hit several buttons in the panel before anything starts."

Luv My GL 320 CDI

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Just a great car period. Rides smooth accelerates like a race car and gets 24 mpg on hwy."

By on Thursday, January 31, 2008

"Has had a lot of little things go wrong. Dealership near us was very good about picking car up, giving us a loaner, and fixing things quickly. It is an expensive car, but it is solid and has a lot of good features."

love my GL!

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "great gas milages on bluetec"

Cons: "navigation hard to use"

"I have the GL bluetec. I get great gas mileage and I don't find myself filling up at the pump as much. Usually I can go 10 days without getting gas. I love how much room I get and the third row seat is an actual third row seat that can seat real adults not preschoolers. I also love the rear view camera and the blind spot assist. Only draw back is the navigation is not as intuitive as I would like. Other than that, overall a great vehicle."

Fantastic car!!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Very luxurious, fast, comfortable, great looks"

"This car is amazing. Very fast on the highway and the ride comfort is superb. Accelerating is truly effortless, and for a SUV of that size I consider that spectacular. The interior is very luxurious. Leather is abundant throughout, and you also get televisions inside!! Also, there is a lot of wood trim. The exterior looks are aggressive without too much flash, just perfect. Overall, this is a great car, and the best part is it's a Mercedes-Benz!"

Solid

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "utility, quiet, ride, power"

Cons: "electronics are a bit dated"

"We've owned our GL450 for almost a year and have a little over 12,000 miles on it. We had a minor glitch at the beginning with the navigation system, but it was quickly resolved, and the only other time in the shop was for the annual maintenance where a few minor issues were tweaked (burned out light bulbs, glitchy rear hatch). Overall, we've been very happy with this SUV. The ease and flexibility of going from an 8-seat vehicle to a 5-seat with enormous cargo capacity is great, and the ride strikes a nice balance between maneuverability and comfort. It's also the quietest car we've ever owned. The only negative I can think of is the electronics (e.g., navigation and voice command) are a bit dated compared to the competition."

I love my GL-450.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "expensive tires and have issues w/tire pressure"

"The GL-450 is a great vehicle. I wish the gas prices had not risen the way they did because it takes a pretty penny to fill it up. Tires are extremely expensive for it, but overall I am extremely pleased."

Meets expectations

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"owned this car since new in 2007. other than the standard maintenance have not had any issues. drives well both in the city and on the highway. Wish i had got the backup camera-this vehicle is large! Also not impressed with Mercedes and their slooowwwness to add things like usb ports, bluetooth, etc. Now that it is out of warranty, i'll be watching to see what starts to break."

Diesel rocks

By on Saturday, October 08, 2011

Pros: "Diesel, great gas mileage, large towing capacity"

Cons: "Too many sensors, expensive tires, gas cap issues"

"I own have owned this vehicle since new and I am on my 4th set of tires. The original factory tires lasts less than 15,000!!! Absolutely unacceptable. Only tire manufacturer is Parelli and these tires are extremely expensive. After 3 sets of Parellis I now have a set of Hankook tires and these are the best - reasonable in price, aggressive tread pattern, etc. As for the diesel engine, it is the only way to go. I get well over 600 miles per tank. I drive from Raleigh, NC, to NYC in one tank and I do not need to refill until I am in NJ where full service gas stations offer the cheapest gasoline (and diesel) in the Eastern US. Too many sensors on the vehicle is a curse and a blessing. Fuel filler cap does not close when the outside temperature is very high - another annoying fact. Otherwise a fine vehicle which is aging well."

Love the Diesel!

By on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"My second GL 1st 320 08 is much better than 07 37k mi and no major problems excel gas mi mid 20's at 80mph and pulls boat easily, bad elect shift put it back on middle get rid of ash tray, seats hard! All around great suv and I have had them all!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals