• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

8.1

Based on 160 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

A Lemon

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Looks and feels nice, solid"

Cons: "Too expensive to maintain"

"We bought this car certified pre-owned about two years ago. Seven months after the extended warranty ran out, we had to pay $5000 for a new steering rack. Now, three months after that, the Check Engine light comes on, and we have to pay another $3000 for a new thermostat and intake manifold, not to mention that we apparently need new brakes, spark plugs, boot, and air filters. Maintaining this car is really breaking the bank."

Overpriced Poor Quality

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Cons: "Poor quality"

"This is my 3rd Mercedes. Quality and customer service are images of the past Mercedes-Benz. I have religiously serviced this vehicle and taken care when driving. After numerous mechanical problems and thousands of dollars in repairs, I will never purchase another M-B product. Replaced transfer case, front struts, etc, etc. Service manager tried to get M-B to help with cost of transfer case failing after 80K miles, to no avail. They just don't build them like they used to."

This is by far one of the best cars I have owned

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "navigation system, Comfortable Leather, fun"

Cons: "A little bulky but not really"

"Before I purchased my GL-450 i had a Lexus RX-350 which was a mistake because of the constant problems because of the lack of quality. Anyway, My GL-450 for my family and I has been the perfect fit. For long drives it is very comfortable even without the Premium Package and the easy third row, My previous car also had a third row but it was hard to access and not comfortable. It has a lot of storage space. This car has a lot of great features and good highway miles. Over all this is a great car"

Many Things to Love but Too Costly to Maintain

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Reason: Too $$$$

"I drove the GL550 for 5 years and 98,000 miles, would have traded it in for a new one but... From mile 1 to mile 48,000 it was great. A few minor issues, all covered by the warranty. Maintenance was expensive, about $1200-2000 each time in, mainly because of the $600 tires (yes, $600 a tire). From 48,000 to 98,000 the car cost us $18,000 in repair costs. It was in the shop every 3-5 months. I loved many things about this SUV, drove beautifully, great size-fitting my family of 5 well, looked great, luxury features. We ultimately settled on a more reliable car for our trade in. If you decide on this model, buy the extended warranty!!"

Higly recommended. Love this SUV. Comfort style

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Love to drive, smooth, Nice handling, strong"

"I bought this car in 2008. really nice SUV. Comfortable, smooth drive. good if you have family you will love it. suv works great in all weather conditions. I will recommend this car to everyone who is looking for luxury Large SUV"

like gas

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

"stiff as a Mercedes should. very good dynamica"

i owened my gl450 for almost 7 yeras its the best

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "yes"

"SUV I ever owened. sade to say the car is to big for my famly now kids moved out."

2011 GL350 bluetec

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, quiet, space, fuel mileage"

Cons: "Nav system, run flat tires"

"This is our second GL. We have owned it since September 2010. Our previous GL was a 2008 GL 320CDI. This is by far one of the best cars that you can own. We have loved both of our GLs and would only get the diesel. Lower initial our purchase , better resale, and awesome fuel mileage. My two biggest complaints with the 2011 are the nav system (Mercedes issue same on my 2011 E cabriolet too) and the run flat tires. They are required because bluetec prevents spare. We were told that we were very lucky to get 28,000 miles out of ours. It was $2,400 for four titles installed. MB should be embarrassed for using a second rate product on one of their premier vehicles. Other than that love the vehicle. Looking to get a 2014 in the fall. Love the new style"

My 2008 Mercedes-Benz GL550

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "Trunk isn't that wide"

"I bought my GL550 new in '08 in black with tan premium leather and traded in my CLK55. I got Heated rear seats, keyless go, dual entertainment screens. This car has ton of room despite the fact that the trunk is should be slightly wider. The seats heat up in 45 seconds! This car even has massaging seats! This car was loaded even without options I added! The engine is a horse! The 5,500 lb SUV goes from 0-60 in 6.5-7 seconds! The engine is super loud and in the GL550 you can barely hear it! I highly recommend this car."

Very expensive to maintain

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Very well made"

Cons: "Run flat tires stink, Blue tec is expensive,"

"I have owned this car for three years and love driving it and have had no problems. The only problem with this SUV is the tires and the cost of maintenance. It has run flat tires and they are terrible. If you have a flat it is very difficult finding a tire in less than a week. You cannot carry a spare because of the blue tec system. The dealer will sell you the blue tec fluid for 5 times what is cost at the VW dealer.Having a diesel does not save any money because of the tire maintenance and the blue tec. I will not buy another GL 350 CDI again."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals