2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

8.0

Based on 172 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Very expensive to maintain

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Very well made"

Cons: "Run flat tires stink, Blue tec is expensive,"

"I have owned this car for three years and love driving it and have had no problems. The only problem with this SUV is the tires and the cost of maintenance. It has run flat tires and they are terrible. If you have a flat it is very difficult finding a tire in less than a week. You cannot carry a spare because of the blue tec system. The dealer will sell you the blue tec fluid for 5 times what is cost at the VW dealer.Having a diesel does not save any money because of the tire maintenance and the blue tec. I will not buy another GL 350 CDI again."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

"I have owned Yukon XL; Lincoln Navigator; Range Rover. This is simply the best SUV out there! Rides like a luxury vehicle , but yet can carry 7 in comfort. Including the 3rd row passengers! Only reason not a ten, is the navigation. MB should team with Garmin!"

Not at all what I expected

By on Monday, June 14, 2010

"I bought this vehicle two years ago and am looking to trade it off. I loved the overall look of the vehicle and the interior has held up great, but I have had nothing but problems with it mechanically. It seems as though every month, I had to take it in for a service. Our closest Mercedes-Benz dealership is over an hour away making it inconvenient. I would think that after spending as much money as I have on this vehicle, I should have little to no problems. My husband has had to put power steering fluid in it twice, my brakes squeal, my hatch doesn't open by remote or by the outer handle. I must climb trhough the back seat and open it manually. Which is a great inconvenience in the Texas heat when you are needing to put groceries in the back or at a ball game and you need to get the cooler and you have to put the seat down and climb through the back to open the hatch. The tires do not last. Way too many problems for such a luxurious vehicle. We have owned a Lexus in the past and never had problems. I did enjoy the look of the vehicle but it did not make up for all of the minor problems we incurred."

Brakes and Tires

By on Monday, November 8, 2010

"We purchased this SUV for the look and power. If anyone would have told me that it eats tires and brakes like a PIG, I would never have believed it. 100,000 miles and on 4th set of brakes and tiers. Now the rack sterring has broke ($3500.00 to fix). My wife drives this SUV and I drive Range Rover. Take Range Rover hands down over this SUV. Look around before you buy this truck. If you are ok with repair bills, then this is the truck for you."

This is by far one of the best cars I have owned

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pros: "navigation system, Comfortable Leather, fun"

Cons: "A little bulky but not really"

"Before I purchased my GL-450 i had a Lexus RX-350 which was a mistake because of the constant problems because of the lack of quality. Anyway, My GL-450 for my family and I has been the perfect fit. For long drives it is very comfortable even without the Premium Package and the easy third row, My previous car also had a third row but it was hard to access and not comfortable. It has a lot of storage space. This car has a lot of great features and good highway miles. Over all this is a great car"

My 2008 Mercedes-Benz GL550

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "Trunk isn't that wide"

"I bought my GL550 new in '08 in black with tan premium leather and traded in my CLK55. I got Heated rear seats, keyless go, dual entertainment screens. This car has ton of room despite the fact that the trunk is should be slightly wider. The seats heat up in 45 seconds! This car even has massaging seats! This car was loaded even without options I added! The engine is a horse! The 5,500 lb SUV goes from 0-60 in 6.5-7 seconds! The engine is super loud and in the GL550 you can barely hear it! I highly recommend this car."

Very nice ride, excellent cruising vehicle.

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable and the nav system is amazing."

Cons: "Gas milage."

"I bought this vehicle used and was afraid of the maintenance cost, however the overall maintenance is minimal. This is one of the best luxury vehicles I have ever owned."

SUV features and drives like a sports car.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable for long trips. QUIET."

Cons: "Real leather isn't an option."

"All around satisfied. Except for 2 issues. #1. The stock tires don't last more than 25K miles. Plan on spending over $1K to replace and you have limited options. Hankook is your best option with guarantee. #2. Mercedes doesn't hold it's value as much as Mercedes likes to tout. It is a great quality car, few if any maint. issues, comfortable drive -- but depreciates just as fast as other cars. The real win is if you keep it over 7 years...then you see a difference."

Best Vehicle

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Love to drive."

Cons: "Diesel is expensive."

"Love this SUV, with turbo diesel and six passengers on board plus luggage has plenty of power and room. Mileage is better than expected, get 27/28 MPG on highway."

Buy it with caution

By on Monday, March 8, 2010

"I just switched from a Lexus GX-470 to a GL 450. The ride is much better than Lexus and is more roomier. However, the instrument panel needs a major overhaul. This is the first car that requires you to read the manual just to find out how to operate the radio/CD. Once the radio is on, turning it off is yet another challenge. If I hit the power button, it turns the entire COMMAND off. The panel is over complicated. Why do I have to read the manual to operate such basic tasks??? There should be ONE button to do these things. I have to hit several buttons in the panel before anything starts."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals