2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

8.0

Based on 170 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

A Lemon

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Looks and feels nice, solid"

Cons: "Too expensive to maintain"

"We bought this car certified pre-owned about two years ago. Seven months after the extended warranty ran out, we had to pay $5000 for a new steering rack. Now, three months after that, the Check Engine light comes on, and we have to pay another $3000 for a new thermostat and intake manifold, not to mention that we apparently need new brakes, spark plugs, boot, and air filters. Maintaining this car is really breaking the bank."

Very expensive to maintain

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Very well made"

Cons: "Run flat tires stink, Blue tec is expensive,"

"I have owned this car for three years and love driving it and have had no problems. The only problem with this SUV is the tires and the cost of maintenance. It has run flat tires and they are terrible. If you have a flat it is very difficult finding a tire in less than a week. You cannot carry a spare because of the blue tec system. The dealer will sell you the blue tec fluid for 5 times what is cost at the VW dealer.Having a diesel does not save any money because of the tire maintenance and the blue tec. I will not buy another GL 350 CDI again."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

"I have owned Yukon XL; Lincoln Navigator; Range Rover. This is simply the best SUV out there! Rides like a luxury vehicle , but yet can carry 7 in comfort. Including the 3rd row passengers! Only reason not a ten, is the navigation. MB should team with Garmin!"

love my car

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "drives great, holds its value well, safe"

Cons: "wish it had captains chairs in second row."

"This is my second GL. I had a 2007, now a 2008. Have had a few problems. 1-I think it is the fuel pump. car didn't want to start bc fuel wasn't getting to the proper place, it was replaced under warranty. 2- rattling sunroof that drove me crazy- got fixed after 6 or so trips to the dealer 3-SOS system was not locating me, had that fixed All have been fixed Have been through multiple visits for problems bc i believe the mechanics do things quick and don't take their time. after i had fuel pump replaced, a week later it the hose came loose and exploded fuel all over the place. They had to tow it and reconnect the hose long story short, love the car, but repair shop has been a pain in the rear! I was also in a bad head on collision that left me alive! I believe that it is a safe car! the car received $22000 in damage, i had whiplash and a concussion. Wish this car had captains chairs in 2nd row. entering 3rd row is a pain in the rear. however, 3rd row is quite spacious compared to other suv's"

Brakes and Tires

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"We purchased this SUV for the look and power. If anyone would have told me that it eats tires and brakes like a PIG, I would never have believed it. 100,000 miles and on 4th set of brakes and tiers. Now the rack sterring has broke ($3500.00 to fix). My wife drives this SUV and I drive Range Rover. Take Range Rover hands down over this SUV. Look around before you buy this truck. If you are ok with repair bills, then this is the truck for you."

This is by far one of the best cars I have owned

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "navigation system, Comfortable Leather, fun"

Cons: "A little bulky but not really"

"Before I purchased my GL-450 i had a Lexus RX-350 which was a mistake because of the constant problems because of the lack of quality. Anyway, My GL-450 for my family and I has been the perfect fit. For long drives it is very comfortable even without the Premium Package and the easy third row, My previous car also had a third row but it was hard to access and not comfortable. It has a lot of storage space. This car has a lot of great features and good highway miles. Over all this is a great car"

Fantastic SUV size with amazing mpg - hi 20's

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "mpg, comfort, fit and finish, room, drive"

Cons: "diesel fuel pumps - see complete review"

"I've owned several full size SUV's with room for family and friends. MPG has always been the downsize, generally averaging in the mid teens. Driving the vehicle you would never know it was a diesel.... power, performance, handling, no truck sounding diesel here, no dirty diesel here. Great Car. The only con I have is filling up with diesel is often dirty - most diesel owners are truck owners that use their vehicles for labor type jobs. The pump's are dirty (we even keep gloves in the car). I do see this changing as more diesel luxury cars entering the US market"

Love the car but hate the maintenance

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Pros: "Incredible turning radius, mileage and handling"

Cons: "Breaks so ofter I feel I've driven a loaner more"

"I wanted a diesel and SUV that would haul 7 people. MB GL350 fit that bill, the car drove VERY nice, like the interior and absolutely loved the mileage (22mpg average day to day and have achieved over 27 on road trips). Now the issue. I think the "Check Engine" light has been on more than it has been off. I've changed the brakes, the front air suspension, timing chain and had a problem with the transmission and multiple sensors. Now my main seal is leaking and I have an issue with the blue fluid sensor and pump. I've probably dropped 10K into this care in the last 18 months. I can't stand driving the thing and feel that it will BREAK at any minute. I love driving the car, great power and mileage but it's a VERY fragile SUV."

Higly recommended. Love this SUV. Comfort style

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Love to drive, smooth, Nice handling, strong"

"I bought this car in 2008. really nice SUV. Comfortable, smooth drive. good if you have family you will love it. suv works great in all weather conditions. I will recommend this car to everyone who is looking for luxury Large SUV"

My 2008 Mercedes-Benz GL550

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "Trunk isn't that wide"

"I bought my GL550 new in '08 in black with tan premium leather and traded in my CLK55. I got Heated rear seats, keyless go, dual entertainment screens. This car has ton of room despite the fact that the trunk is should be slightly wider. The seats heat up in 45 seconds! This car even has massaging seats! This car was loaded even without options I added! The engine is a horse! The 5,500 lb SUV goes from 0-60 in 6.5-7 seconds! The engine is super loud and in the GL550 you can barely hear it! I highly recommend this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals